Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995438 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #5130 on: October 29, 2018, 09:47:40 PM »

White nationalism is a type of nationalism or pan-nationalism which espouses the belief that white people are a race and seeks to develop and maintain a white national identity. Its proponents identify with and are attached to the concept of a white nation.  - Wikipedia

#####

A White-majority "Christian" nation seems best.
Non-White-majority nations don't seem to be particularly attractive places in which to live for 'average Joe' white males.

If Black people are a race, Brown people are a race, Asian people are a race...then White people are a race too.
Obama is 'bi-racial'...half Black race, and half White race.
The possibility of a.society based upon something other than the domination of one race has never entered the deformed sac of nerve endings you call your brain, has it you disturbingly cubic pile of stinking wallaby stool.

Australia is a White-majority 'Christian' nation. [luckily I won't be around when it's turned into something else.]
It is based on many things other than the domination of the White race.

As I understand it, that is one of your biggest complaints about it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5131 on: October 29, 2018, 09:54:21 PM »

One analyst today said with a straight face that there will be TWENTY Democrats up for President in 2020.

I think that is an underestimate.

Or as the suggested 2020 Census question goes, "Are you planning on running for president this summer?"

But I doubt it will remain that high very long, because $$.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5132 on: October 29, 2018, 09:58:48 PM »

Dem Mayor Hints He Will Soon Decide About Running for President in 2020

BY: Jeffrey Cimmino
October 21, 2018 10:24 am

https://freebeacon.com/politics/dem-mayor-hints-will-soon-decide-running-president-2020/

-----------------

I cannot support Eric Garcetti for President of the United States, because he is a Rhodes Scholar, like Bill Clinton. I want Presidents of the United States who studied in the USA; at Harvard, Yale, Stanford, etc. I do not agree with England on many issues, and I do not want a President who studied in England. We do not need England to train and educate the leaders of the USA. 

Also, Eric Garcetti could have done more to help the homeless people in Los Angeles. There are record numbers of homeless people in Los Angeles on Garcetti's watch. 

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5133 on: October 29, 2018, 10:18:55 PM »

BY: Jeffrey Cimmino

https://freebeacon.com/politics/dem-mayor-hints-will-soon-decide-running-president-2020/

-----------------

I cannot support Eric Garcetti for President of the United States, because he is a Rhodes Scholar, like Bill Clinton. I want Presidents of the United States who studied in the USA; at Harvard, Yale, Stanford, etc. I do not agree with England on many issues, and I do not want a President who studied in England. We do not need England to train and educate the leaders of the USA.

Your complete and utter lack of comprehension of what the Rhodes Scholar program is about is commensurate with the degree of your opposition to it.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5134 on: October 29, 2018, 10:22:48 PM »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-10-29/trump-approval-rating-plunges-amid-violence-as-midterms-approach

President Donald Trump’s job approval rating plunged 4 percentage points last week amid a wave of violence, the latest troubling signal for Republican chances in upcoming midterm elections.

Forty percent of Americans approved of Trump’s performance as commander in chief, according to Gallup polling during the week ending Oct. 28. That was down from 44 percent the prior week, an unusually steep decline for the poll, which is based on a survey of 1,500 U.S. adults conducted Monday through Sunday each week.

Some of the polling was done before the attacks. The drop was the sharpest since June 24 -- when Trump’s weekly job approval declined to 41 percent from 45 percent the previous week -- amid controversy over his administration’s policy of separating families apprehended illegally crossing the U.S. border with Mexico.

A series of mail-bombs to prominent Trump critics and a deadly attack at a Pennsylvania synagogue have stirred criticism of the president’s polarizing rhetoric, especially as the November midterm elections approach. Trump has in turn blamed the news media for fomenting public anger and on Monday revived his characterization of the press as the “Enemy of the People.”

“The Fake News Media, the true Enemy of the People, must stop the open & obvious hostility & report the news accurately & fairly,” Trump said in a posting on Twitter.

An attack at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh during Saturday services left 11 people dead, many of them elderly, in what’s being investigated as a hate crime by a suspect who allegedly posted on social media blaming a Jewish nonprofit that helps resettle refugees for bringing “invaders in that kill our people.”

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5135 on: October 29, 2018, 11:01:18 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5137 on: October 30, 2018, 12:38:37 AM »

-----------------

Your complete and utter lack of comprehension of what the Rhodes Scholar program is about is commensurate with the degree of your opposition to it.

So, you think that being a Rhodes Scholar might help him more than it would hurt him. As for myself, I want the people who are educated here in the USA.

What do you guys think about Antonio Villaraigosa for President?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Villaraigosa

The farmers would love him. We would improve relations with Mexico and there would not be a wall. The world would be getting great wine from California, and great California Pepper Jack cheese. The unions love Antonio Villaraigosa. Antonio is big on civil rights. Antonio is big on education as being the great equalizer. Antonio believes in doing service to help others, and he was a good public servant as Mayor in Los Angeles. Antonio is also big on helping the homeless. 

It is very early, we can examine many ideas pertaining to potential candidates for 2020. I want to see who we have who went to colleges here in the USA.

And Douglas Kmiec can serve our nation, he is brilliant, and he is a good public servant...

https://law.pepperdine.edu/faculty-research/douglas-kmiec/ 

There are a lot of good people who need to come forward to serve our nation. We need some new, fresh people, who support good human rights, and who will stand up for America, while remaining a beacon in the world with our Statue of Liberty. 

Trump has until the next election to renegotiate our trade deals, Trump needs to focus on the trade deals until we elect a new President in 2020. 

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #5138 on: October 30, 2018, 03:21:37 AM »

White nationalism is a type of nationalism or pan-nationalism which espouses the belief that white people are a race and seeks to develop and maintain a white national identity. Its proponents identify with and are attached to the concept of a white nation.  - Wikipedia

#####

Non-White-majority nations don't seem to be particularly attractive places in which to live for 'average Joe' white males.

If Black people are a race, Brown people are a race, Asian people are a race...then White people are a race too.

Bigot.

So, bambu...

What percentage of whiteness would one have to have to qualify for your white Christian nation?

Would Mormons be welcome in your White Christian nation? Quakers? Unitarian Universalists?

Maybe one country for White Catholics and another for WASPS?

If one of your Christian couples has a child and that child decides (understandably) that they are atheists, I presume you would deport them to some other White country.

You do understand that that has been tried before, don't you?

I do.

White-majority nation.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5139 on: October 30, 2018, 03:40:34 AM »

There are no white people. You are thinking of spoiled cream or puss people containing a vast criminal class who like to refer to themselves as white.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5140 on: October 30, 2018, 08:39:44 AM »

#####

Bigot.

So, bambu...

What percentage of whiteness would one have to have to qualify for your white Christian nation?

Would Mormons be welcome in your White Christian nation? Quakers? Unitarian Universalists?

Maybe one country for White Catholics and another for WASPS?

If one of your Christian couples has a child and that child decides (understandably) that they are atheists, I presume you would deport them to some other White country.

You do understand that that has been tried before, don't you?

I do.

White-majority nation.

Proven how?

Still waiting to find out who qualifies as "Christian" in your book (and being amused, since Jesus wasn't a "White Christian").

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5141 on: October 30, 2018, 08:41:14 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/30/politics/donald-trump-ending-birthright-citizenship/index.html

Trump decides he can unilaterally overturn the Constitution.

I am sure that Redd and Kiid and Bambi will have fine defenses of it.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5142 on: October 30, 2018, 08:44:48 AM »

-----------------

So, you think that being a Rhodes Scholar might help him more than it would hurt him. As for myself, I want the people who are educated here in the USA.

What do you guys think about Antonio Villaraigosa for President?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Villaraigosa

The farmers would love him. We would improve relations with Mexico and there would not be a wall. The world would be getting great wine from California, and great California Pepper Jack cheese. The unions love Antonio Villaraigosa. Antonio is big on civil rights. Antonio is big on education as being the great equalizer. Antonio believes in doing service to help others, and he was a good public servant as Mayor in Los Angeles. Antonio is also big on helping the homeless.

It is very early, we can examine many ideas pertaining to potential candidates for 2020. I want to see who we have who went to colleges here in the USA.

And Douglas Kmiec can serve our nation, he is brilliant, and he is a good public servant...

https://law.pepperdine.edu/faculty-research/douglas-kmiec/

There are a lot of good people who need to come forward to serve our nation. We need some new, fresh people, who support good human rights, and who will stand up for America, while remaining a beacon in the world with our Statue of Liberty.

Trump has until the next election to renegotiate our trade deals, Trump needs to focus on the trade deals until we elect a new President in 2020.

Salute,

Tony V.

Stick with Ms Harris if you are thinking Cali

Or maybe Kevin Johnson.

In 1989, while still an NBA player, Johnson founded St. HOPE (Helping Others Pursue Excellence) as an after-school program for kids in his native Oak Park neighborhood of Sacramento, California. St. HOPE eventually expanded to run as a nonprofit umbrella organization that consisted of three divisions: St. HOPE Academy, St. HOPE Public Schools, and St. HOPE Development Corporation. This encompassed the new vision to be a nonprofit community development corporation whose mission is to "revitalize communities through public education, civic leadership, economic development, and the arts." Johnson served as CEO of St. HOPE until January 2008.

St. HOPE Public Schools is a pre-K through 12th grade independent charter school system that provides education to nearly 2,000 students in seven small schools.[26] One of the schools St. HOPE impacted was Sacramento High School (colloquially known as Sac High and now the Sacramento Charter High School), where three generations of Johnson's family including him attended. In October 2002, Sac High was at risk of being shut down and restricted into five smaller schools due to low test scores.[27] But by January 2003, Johnson had raised seed money from the Gates Foundation and drafted a petition to reopen Sac High as an independent charter school. On September 2, 2003 Sac High reopened as Sacramento Charter High School, a charter school with 1,450 students. Since St. HOPE's involvement with Sac High, student performance has improved. In 2010 Sac High's API score improved to 719, compared to 610 in 2006. The number of students who completed all courses required for University of California or California State University Admission also rose between those years from 84% to 90.6%.[28]

These improved test scores attracted the attention of a school in New York and St. HOPE eventually expanded into Harlem at the St. HOPE Leadership Academy Charter School which opened in 2008. Since 2007, the decision to expand St. HOPE to New York has been taught as a case study in the Entrepreneurship in Education Reform class at Harvard Business School. Following presentation of the case study, Johnson discusses it over lunch with the Harvard students and faculty. The class works as a feeder program for students to participate in the Mayoral Fellowship Program in Sacramento.[29]

Garcetti has a bachelors and a masters degree from COLUMBIA University - and was a professor at USC and at Occidental College.

Of course he has both Mexican and Russian in his bloodline - (not that there is anything wrong with this)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 08:46:49 AM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5143 on: October 30, 2018, 08:48:42 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/30/politics/donald-trump-ending-birthright-citizenship/index.html

Trump decides he can unilaterally overturn the Constitution.

I am sure that Redd and Kiid and Bambi will have fine defenses of it.

You guys would know - having bowed at the feet of the Executive Orderer in Chief

You tell us

Can he do this, legally?

I know you think he shouldnt.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 09:41:04 AM by kiidcarter8 »

barton

« Reply #5144 on: October 30, 2018, 09:36:40 AM »

The 14th amendment was ratified in 1868, so,  no.

You cannot repeal all or part of an amendment by EO.

Trump is a fascist butthole.   Get over it.   
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 4288