Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584069 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #5595 on: November 05, 2018, 05:15:31 PM »

Then there's our amazing economy:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/05/business/lowes-closures/index.html

https://wnep.com/2018/10/22/hasbro-will-lay-off-hundreds-after-toys-r-us-closure/
That follows the Mattel layoffs of 2,200 in July.

Individual businesses having problems doesn't show a weaker economy

It shows competition has taken its toll on those particular businesses.

What ever lets you sleep.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5596 on: November 05, 2018, 05:41:57 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/05/media/nbc-trump-immigration-ad/index.html

NBC and Fox pulled the racist Trump ad.

Just waking up?

We'll see if tomorrow the rest of the country has awakened, as well.

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2018/images/11/04/rel10a.-.2018.pdf

41% approve, 57% disapprove, among likely voters.

DT's not running this year

But I guess you think if he was then the pop vote would be outside Hil's 3 mil margin

Are you as big a fool as you paint yourself to be?

First of all, YOU are the one who keeps posting Rasmussen polls. That's why I posted it. But you want to be a jerk. I get that.

Second, as EVEN YOU likely know, the president's ratings influence performance in the midterm elections, and not only with Congress.

I never linked Trump's approval to any 2018 race.

Is Trump's CAMPAIGNING effective in getting out the vote and influencing undecideds?   I would think so.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5597 on: November 05, 2018, 06:10:54 PM »

Especially undecided women who are breaking 3-1 for Dems.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5598 on: November 05, 2018, 06:34:58 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/05/media/nbc-trump-immigration-ad/index.html

NBC and Fox pulled the racist Trump ad.

Just waking up?

We'll see if tomorrow the rest of the country has awakened, as well.

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2018/images/11/04/rel10a.-.2018.pdf

41% approve, 57% disapprove, among likely voters.

DT's not running this year

But I guess you think if he was then the pop vote would be outside Hil's 3 mil margin

Are you as big a fool as you paint yourself to be?

First of all, YOU are the one who keeps posting Rasmussen polls. That's why I posted it. But you want to be a jerk. I get that.

Second, as EVEN YOU likely know, the president's ratings influence performance in the midterm elections, and not only with Congress.

I never linked Trump's approval to any 2018 race.

Is Trump's CAMPAIGNING effective in getting out the vote and influencing undecideds?   I would think so.

It doesn't matter whether you link them or not. They are linked.

I happen to agree that Trump's campaigning is likely effective in getting out the vote and influencing undecideds. I hope I am right.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5599 on: November 05, 2018, 06:36:18 PM »

For those of you with a brain, you might enjoy this site's presentation on early voting numbers:
https://targetearly.targetsmart.com/

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #5600 on: November 05, 2018, 06:48:16 PM »

Especially undecided women who are breaking 3-1 for Dems.

But Trump has energized undecided Zombies and other undead, with voting registration indicating Whitewalkers are breaking 99/01 Republican.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5601 on: November 05, 2018, 07:19:18 PM »

California has lost more than half a million jobs to China — more than any other state, report says

By MARGOT ROOSEVELT
OCT 23, 2018 | 3:00 AM

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-china-trade-20181023-story.html

-------------

The Los Angeles Times is not fake news.

The economy sucks still!

There are over fifty eight thousand homeless people in Los Angeles County alone, there is a crisis.

Luckily we have tourism, and food production, and wine-making, and what is left of the entertainment industry here, and aerospace and defense, etc.

We need to create more good union jobs in Los Angeles County, such as would be created if a new automobile manufacturing plant was opened in Van Nuys, etc, people need tax breaks, and redevelopment money, etc, to create new jobs in California.

We also need to expand trade with Mexico, and with Latin America, and we do not need any walls, these are our good Christian neighbors, we need to have a "GOOD NEIGHBOR" policy here.

We also need to renegotiate our trade deals, including renegotiating our trade deal with China.

The economy is not great, we need to help the homeless people, we need to get them into housing, and then we need jobs to employ the formerly homeless people, we need to get them into housing and then back into the workforce. We cannot have record numbers of homeless people, and consider the economy great, the economy is not great until all of those homeless people have housing and jobs.

Get out and vote everyone.

I voted by mail, and I voted for all Democrats. Being hateful and divisive such as Trump is doing is not going to help us, we need to vote for Democrats in order to block Trump and his insanity and hate.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5602 on: November 05, 2018, 07:30:58 PM »

We also need to vote for people who support building high speed trains, and who work to improve public transportation, and who work for cleaner air and a healthier environment, along with working on ways to avoid the traffic jams.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5603 on: November 05, 2018, 07:56:54 PM »

Vis-a-vis the 14th Amendment:

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5604 on: November 05, 2018, 08:37:04 PM »

Here are our refugees by year and by region.

The red strip is Latin America.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5605 on: November 05, 2018, 08:51:46 PM »

or if you prefer:

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5606 on: November 05, 2018, 09:01:22 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5607 on: November 05, 2018, 09:09:35 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5608 on: November 05, 2018, 09:32:27 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/28/us/politics/black-defendants-women-prison-terms-study.html

Longer terms for black defendants from GOP-appointed judges.

Care to tell me again how the GOP isn't racist?

barton

« Reply #5609 on: November 05, 2018, 09:35:10 PM »

Wait,  isn't Kemp all about well-armed men, asserting their 2nd amendment rights?   Gosh,  what changed his mind so quickly?

And I see he is still supervising,  in his office of SoS,  the election he is running in.   I'll bet even Kid and Red can see what is wrong with that.  Hey,  Georgia,  let's also put coyotes in charge of poultry farms!   

Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 4288