Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584320 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #5895 on: November 09, 2018, 04:20:24 PM »

Judging by their actions, it’s pretty clear republicans in Florida think Gillum and Nelson have more then the necessary votes and have won their elections.

Its also crystal clear that Rod Rosenstein is the current acting Attorney General.

Whittaker looks like the thug who usually winds up hanging from a web outside a police station when Spider-Man gets through with him.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5896 on: November 09, 2018, 04:31:21 PM »

Judging by their actions, it’s pretty clear republicans in Florida think Gillum and Nelson have more then the necessary votes and have won their elections.

Its also crystal clear that Rod Rosenstein is the current acting Attorney General.

Whittaker looks like the thug who usually winds up hanging from a web outside a police station when Spider-Man gets through with him.

Or Wilson Fisk (Kingpin) from Daredevil.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: November 09, 2018, 04:41:11 PM »

Who ever he looks like, his TBI is evident. Maybe trump can get him a spot in a convalescent home.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: November 09, 2018, 04:50:23 PM »

Historically Presidents with low approval ratings lose an average of 37-40 House Seats and two Senators.
The votes are still being counted but it appears the dems will gain far less in the House( but take control) while the GOP will PICK UP 4 seats in the Senate.

Dems will hit that 37 number in the House, against gerrymandering stacked against them.

And may end up losing only two seats (possibly only one depending on FL recount) after going up against the worst Senate map for any party in 60 years.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #5899 on: November 09, 2018, 04:59:25 PM »

DeSantis was labeled as racist by the Gillum campaign from the start.

DeSantis used racist language against Gillum from the start.  Day one, in fact:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/29/us/politics/desantis-monkey-up-gillum.html

So yeah, the label sticks.

Looking at the two vote totals, though, the Felon Amendment could not have gathered 65% per cent in favor without a healthy faction of DeSantis voters.
Just my observation that voters can filter out campaign noise and do so more often than they are given credit for.

Its a nice observation.  But it has zero to do with Bart's post, or the issue at hand in FL right now.

Scott claiming voter fraud with no evidence (and with his own FDLE disagreeing)  and Trump parroting it is shameful.  Either you are a patriot and agree, or you are party-over-country.

Don't need to explain, REDSTATEWARD.  We know what you are.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5900 on: November 09, 2018, 05:05:14 PM »

"The racists call him racist" hurt Gillum.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5901 on: November 09, 2018, 05:13:28 PM »

Yeah, because nothing hurts racists more than being called for their racism...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #5902 on: November 09, 2018, 05:21:28 PM »

I have no idea if this is true.  Neither do you.

I do know that what Gillum said was true.  And needed to be said.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #5904 on: November 09, 2018, 05:39:19 PM »

Did you miss high school grammar classes when they taught the difference between nouns and verbs?

Looking at the two vote totals, though, the Felon Amendment could not have gathered 65% per cent in favor without a healthy faction of DeSantis voters.
Just my observation that voters can filter out campaign noise and do so more often than they are given credit for.

Its a nice observation.  But it has zero to do with Bart's post, or the issue at hand in FL right now.
Chalk up reading comprehension as another high school class you missed.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #5905 on: November 09, 2018, 05:49:47 PM »

"They want to turn us into California!"

Yep.  I expect a lot of voters were missing the information I provided in the rest of my post.  Political hacks like to encourage short-term thinking.
Several people ran against turning Arizona into California. I think if the do turn us into California, can we.get Big Sur?
Maybe. But right now Malibu has a fire sale.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #5906 on: November 09, 2018, 05:50:08 PM »

Did you miss high school grammar classes when they taught the difference between nouns and verbs?

LOL.  It isn't racist unless DeSantis actually calls Gillum a "monkey?" LOL.

DeSantis broke out the dog whistle the day after he won his nomination and your summation is "DeSantis was labeled as racist by the Gillum campaign from the start."  As usual with you and yours, the problem is always with those calling out the racism, not the racists. 

Funny thing is you think you are getting away with something here.  You aren't.  Everyone can see what you are. 

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #5907 on: November 09, 2018, 05:51:09 PM »

"They want to turn us into California!"

Yep.  I expect a lot of voters were missing the information I provided in the rest of my post.  Political hacks like to encourage short-term thinking.
Several people ran against turning Arizona into California. I think if the do turn us into California, can we.get Big Sur?
Maybe. But right now Malibu has a fire sale.

So Funny! Shootings and fires...

You are totally owning those California Libs!

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5908 on: November 09, 2018, 05:55:21 PM »

I’ll take the fires and shootings out here over the incest and inbreeding that made Red.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #5909 on: November 09, 2018, 05:55:40 PM »

LOL.  It isn't racist unless DeSantis actually calls Gillum a "monkey?" LOL.
I was right.

Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 4288