Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583940 times)

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #6000 on: November 11, 2018, 02:38:55 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/putin-gives-trump-%e2%80%98thumbs-up%e2%80%99-at-wwi-armistice-ceremony/ar-BBPzPQn?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

Putin Gives Trump ‘Thumbs Up’ at WWI Armistice Ceremony

Vladimir Putin gave President Donald Trump a warm greeting as they joined other world leaders in Paris to mark 100 years since the end of World War I.

The Russian president was seen shaking Trump’s hands after arriving at the ceremony, as well as flashing a "thumbs up" sign and patting him on the arm, the Associated Press reports.

#####

Well that's nice, good to see world leaders being friends.
A good boss provides praise and encouragement even to his lowest level employees.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6001 on: November 11, 2018, 03:50:03 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/11/politics/florida-miami-dade-election-uncounted-ballots/index.html

This time, it's only 266 ballots that will likely never be counted.

But what's with this crap?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6002 on: November 11, 2018, 04:09:58 PM »

I am very much looking forward to the House investigations of trump’s relation to faux news and faux’s relation to everything else.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6003 on: November 11, 2018, 05:34:45 PM »

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-confused-baltics-balkans-and-accused-confused-leaders-starting-yugoslav-1210939

Trump confused Baltics with Balkans and accused confused leaders of starting Yugoslav wars
Report in "Le Monde" says Trump made the mistake in April.

resident Donald Trump confused the Baltic states in Europe with the Balkans—and chastised leaders of the former for starting wars 1990s that lead to the break up of Yugoslavia, French daily Le Monde reported.

Trump reportedly made the mistake in a White House meeting with Dalia Grybauskaitė of Lithuania, Kersti Kaljulaid of Estonia and Raimonds Vējonis of Latvia in April.

It would be less odd if Melania were not from Slovenia, one of the nations formed from the former Yugoslavia.

He only missed by 1000 miles.

Oops.

At least this was in April?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6004 on: November 11, 2018, 05:38:42 PM »

We need to not only be thankful for our Veterans, we also need to help them when they need help.

We need to provide our Veterans with great benefits, such as low interest business loans, low interest home loans, health care for their whole family, and especially we need to help the homeless Vets to get into housing so that we can bless them with all of the benefits that they deserve. We need to show our thanks with programs to help our Vets. There are people who are helping the homeless Vets, and we need to support them, and we need more people to help the homeless Vets. It is not enough to be grateful, we need to show our gratitude with good benefits.

And for the homeless Vets...

Here is a number for a sober living home, it is $135.00 per week for a bed in a shared home in Orange County.

Darlene

714 269-8842

And here is a number for my friend Lisa, I lived in Lisa's houses for four years, one of my roommates was a retired studio executive at Paramount and at Universal. Lisa's houses are all million dollar homes.

Lisa Vergara

714 537-8472

If you end up homeless, they will help you. And Lisa has been helping the homeless for over thirty years, she is great.

Lisa has helped many Vets, for many years. May God bless her. I love Lisa.

Thank you Vets, and may we show our thanks properly.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6005 on: November 11, 2018, 05:43:44 PM »

https://www.newsweek.com/matthew-whitaker-jews-muslim-judges-attorney-general-1210003

Whitaker said that using belief in natural law as a criterion for appointing U.S. federal judgeships did not go far enough.

“As someone that’s interacted with the federal judiciary a time or two, I will tell you that I have a unique perspective on federal judges,” he said.

“And while I agree that I want to understand their judicial philosophy and whether they understand natural law and natural rights and then the founding documents and how they fit together...I don’t think that gets us far enough because natural law oftentfimes is used from the eye of the beholder," he continued. "What I’d like to see is things like their worldview.… Are they people of faith? Do they have a biblical view of justice? I think that is very important.”

The moderator interrupted Whitaker and asked “Levitical or New Testament?” which is an indirect way of asking whether people of the Jewish faith should be banned from serving as federal judges.

“I’m a New Testament,” responded Whitaker to laughter. “And what I know is as long as they have that [New Testament] worldview that they’ll be a good judge.”

Under those guidelines, Whitaker would also question the ability of Muslim-Americans and other non-Christian Americans to sit on the federal bench.

If judges have a “secular worldview,” said Whitaker, “where this is all we have here on Earth? Then I’m going to be very concerned about how they judge.”

There is a man who should not be in the DoJ at all, let alone AG.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #6006 on: November 11, 2018, 06:05:49 PM »

---Illegal immigrant killed 3 after 'sanctuary' release from custody, ICE says---

https://www.foxnews.com/us/undocumented-immigrant-released-from-jail-charged-in-triple-murder

Still do not understand the benefit, if any, of welcoming violent primitives from third world societies. Violence breeds violence?
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6007 on: November 11, 2018, 06:50:33 PM »

MORE SANCTUARY CITIES!!!!!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6008 on: November 11, 2018, 06:56:14 PM »

https://www.newsweek.com/matthew-whitaker-jews-muslim-judges-attorney-general-1210003

Whitaker said that using belief in natural law as a criterion for appointing U.S. federal judgeships did not go far enough.

“As someone that’s interacted with the federal judiciary a time or two, I will tell you that I have a unique perspective on federal judges,” he said.

“And while I agree that I want to understand their judicial philosophy and whether they understand natural law and natural rights and then the founding documents and how they fit together...I don’t think that gets us far enough because natural law oftentfimes is used from the eye of the beholder," he continued. "What I’d like to see is things like their worldview.… Are they people of faith? Do they have a biblical view of justice? I think that is very important.”

The moderator interrupted Whitaker and asked “Levitical or New Testament?” which is an indirect way of asking whether people of the Jewish faith should be banned from serving as federal judges.

“I’m a New Testament,” responded Whitaker to laughter. “And what I know is as long as they have that [New Testament] worldview that they’ll be a good judge.”

Under those guidelines, Whitaker would also question the ability of Muslim-Americans and other non-Christian Americans to sit on the federal bench.

If judges have a “secular worldview,” said Whitaker, “where this is all we have here on Earth? Then I’m going to be very concerned about how they judge.”

Writer took license with what is in bold.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6009 on: November 11, 2018, 06:59:42 PM »

Still do not understand the benefit, if any, of welcoming violent primitives from third world societies. Violence breeds violence?

It’s too late. The Irish are already here.

Or did you mean the Italians?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6010 on: November 11, 2018, 07:29:30 PM »

Writer took license with what is in bold.

No, Kiid. Not when Whitaker specified New Testament in his response. No liberties at all.

Nor would he take a Hindu, a Buddhist, a Jainist, or a Zoroastrian.

But if you merely want him to be a bigot against non-Abrahamic religions and against atheists, I suppose that's your option - you can lie to yourself about just how big a bigot he is.

He's a bigot, regardless.

Itz ME!

• View Profile
« Reply #6011 on: November 11, 2018, 07:46:13 PM »

Sorry to interrupt.

Can someone tell me please if there has been even a little bit of "Say What Now?"  Over the Turks having a recording of Kh's khilling? In the Saudi Embassy.

So Turkey has bugged the Saudi embassy? Isn't that against any international law? I know that when the US hired Soviet builders to construct the US Embassy they were SHOCKED to find the whole place like Swiss cheese with microphones everywhere.

But the embassy is supposed to be sovereign territory of the nation, not the host. I just haven't seen any raised eyebrows so I thought I'd ask here.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6012 on: November 11, 2018, 08:04:35 PM »

"As long as they have that world view they will be a good judge"

Doesn't say anything about others being poor judges.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6013 on: November 11, 2018, 09:48:04 PM »

"As long as they have that world view they will be a good judge"

Doesn't say anything about others being poor judges.

You are resolute in not managing to absorb what you read.

This was his answer to the question, "How do you set the criteria that you will use to block those judges?”

He sets the criteria by whether or not they are New Testament biblical thinkers. As for atheists...

Kiid, he's bigoted against non-Christians. You just don't want to admit it.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 4288