Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583904 times)

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #6060 on: November 12, 2018, 07:20:01 PM »

How about a new poll?

Fla and Ga results, maybe?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: November 12, 2018, 07:36:34 PM »

How about a new poll?

Fla and Ga results, maybe?

or next Mueller indictment?

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: November 12, 2018, 07:38:11 PM »

Has a Nazi that became an eye doctor in the US and stayed on the right side of US law proven his worth?

Or is he always worthless, having been a Nazi?

While I was attending the AADA, which was in Pasadena at the time, I lived in an old motel, it was the Astro Motel on Colorado Blvd, it was a real cheap dive then, and the place was full of prostitutes and drug dealers, etc, and in the three months that I lived at that motel four people died, suicides and over-doses.

There was this old German guy who was my neighbor at the motel. He drank cognac everyday and he had sex with hookers, and he just gave up on life. He was a general contractor in the construction industry, so he could have been wealthy, he did not need to live at that cheap motel, but he just gave up on life.

So, I used to play chess with him, and drink cognac, he was not a drug addict or anything, and for an old drunk he was very polite and gentlemanly. And over time we got to know each other. I found out that he was from Germany, and that he had been there when Hitler was in power, and he felt guilty and ashamed at what Hitler did, and he hated himself for being German at the time of Hitler. But, here was the kicker, he was just a powerless little kid. He was carrying around all of this guilt, and he was just a little child. I told him, you were just a little kid, you need to let that stuff go, it was not your fault, stop carrying that guilt around with you. I got through to him, and he began the process of forgiving himself.

The last time I saw him, he had cut back on the drinking, and he met a woman from Colombia, and she wanted to get married and have children, and so he was going to marry her and buy a home and start a family.

Life is not always pretty, but it was nice to see him redeemed and grateful to be alive, he went from being very sad to being happy.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 07:44:57 PM by FlyingVProd »

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6063 on: November 12, 2018, 07:46:46 PM »

Hasn't Governor Scott proclaimed exactly what Ms Snipes is guilty of?

What is this "where's the evidence" all about?  None of it is in question.

barton

« Reply #6064 on: November 12, 2018, 07:54:00 PM »

My son,  who has not much followed national politics,  did mention in passing the senatorial contest in Arizona as "the one with the hot blonde. "  Baby steps,  I guess. 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #6065 on: November 12, 2018, 07:56:15 PM »

McSally concedes in AZ.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: November 12, 2018, 08:07:05 PM »

The argument is not about lawful immigration it is about illegal aliens and ignoring the laws. Asylum does not mean escape from economic distress. Italy and the UK are not third world countries.
There is nothing in your argument that you 'Still do not understand the benefit, if any, of welcoming violent primitives from third world societies. Violence breeds violence?" that makes any reference to the legality of entry. In fact, you have made it clear that you oppose the legal entry of those you refer to as "violent primitives" as well.

And just as Italians have proven their worth despite the involvement of a narrow sliver of their people in violent.organized crime, Latinos and Muslims have proven their worth here as well, through their hard work, their peaceful assimilation into society, and their civic involvement.

No more mi3 no more bombathons or shootumups, please.  Lets hear the two wrongs make a right argument? Rightwingers kill people so its OK. Yes you should be able to understand the constitution and be willing to assimilate. Just an unneccesary burden to the economy and social safety net. Somehow this became added to the democratic agenda under HRC to lock in the latino vote. Boy did it hit a negative nerve with middle America. Biggest political upset in history.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/28/Deweytruman12.jpg/290px-Deweytruman12.jpg

Luee, if we don't figure out how to solve the bigger problem, the smaller one becomes increasingly irrelevant.

Focus on the bigger picture, because it is America's appetite for drugs that drives the drug trade, not the gangs or the cartels.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6067 on: November 12, 2018, 08:14:06 PM »

Hasn't Governor Scott proclaimed exactly what Ms Snipes is guilty of?

What is this "where's the evidence" all about?  None of it is in question.
There is no evidence of voter fraud. Scott has not presented any. Scott has claimed technical violation of.election law, but nothing that constitutes fraud or any irregularuty in the vote counts. None.

McSally may be Senator before.Sinema. Kyle's appointment was only to the end of the year.

Two percent of the US Senate are named "Kyrsten".
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #6068 on: November 12, 2018, 08:23:28 PM »

I would normally think 13k votes could not be overcome in a recount, but Scott sure seems to think it is possible.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6069 on: November 12, 2018, 08:25:25 PM »

The Krysten caucus will be fun to watch. Much better than the Willards and the Lindseys.

Scott is having an awfully hard time criming his way into another office. He should give up now before things get worse for him.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

oilcan

« Reply #6070 on: November 12, 2018, 09:11:54 PM »

Spelling guide to the K caucus and one cabinet Trump zombiette:

Kristen Gillibrand
Kyrsten Sinema
Kirstjen Nielsen

Kyrsten will become the first woman elected to Senate in AZ,  and the first bisexual (openly) in the Senate.   Good to see the continued shift away from an old men's club.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: November 12, 2018, 09:25:28 PM »

Spelling guide to the K caucus and one cabinet Trump zombiette:

Kristen Gillibrand
Kyrsten Sinema
Kirstjen Nielsen

Kyrsten will become the first woman elected to Senate in AZ,  and the first bisexual (openly) in the Senate.   Good to see the continued shift away from an old men's club.
She will also be the Second Senator to wear a pink tutu.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6074 on: November 12, 2018, 10:34:23 PM »

kiiid or kiid?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 4288