Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1585222 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #6135 on: November 14, 2018, 09:34:53 AM »

You don't write well, Luee.     
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6136 on: November 14, 2018, 09:58:48 AM »

Democrats will also use their majority in the House to conduct Constitutionally mandated oversight of the Executive, to which FOX News will yell "Presidential harassment" and you and Mitch McConnell will say that Democrats are putting partisan politics over the country.

IMPEACH 45!!!

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6137 on: November 14, 2018, 10:04:44 AM »

From CNN
Discussing possible West Wing departures

"Any of these moves could come at any moment..... or not at all..."

Too funny.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6138 on: November 14, 2018, 10:06:29 AM »

Going outside now, as Yankguy has instructed.
Appreciate his guidance.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6139 on: November 14, 2018, 10:09:03 AM »

You won't regret it! Neither will we.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #6140 on: November 14, 2018, 11:20:23 AM »

Democrats will also use their majority in the House to conduct Constitutionally mandated oversight of the Executive, to which FOX News will yell "Presidential harassment" and you and Mitch McConnell will say that Democrats are putting partisan politics over the country.

IMPEACH 45!!!

You prove my point.  You and McConnell will extremize the oppositions position so you can denounce the opposition as partisan and extreme.

Seeking oversight of the Executive is not an extreme position.  Its their job.  Advocating for zero oversight when the “president” has fully maintained financial ties to a global business in an arrangement that is ripe for quid pro quo corruption is the extreme position. 
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #6141 on: November 14, 2018, 11:31:27 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/13/politics/2018-exit-polls/index.html

Lots of interesting tidbits.

My own favorite is the percentage worried some people are being denied the chance to vote vs. the much smaller percentage worried about voter fraud.

My least favorite is the clear evidence that Trump's mantra about a witch hunt resonates with too many people.

10. This was (another) health care election
More than 4 in 10 voters (41%) named health care as the most important issue facing the country. That was almost double the number who named immigration (23%) and the economy (22%) and four times as much as those who said gun policy (10%).

https://twitter.com/TopherSpiro/status/1062521565550665729
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #6142 on: November 14, 2018, 11:52:35 AM »

- Democrats are not silent on the "caravan" they see it as a non-event because it is being over-hyped by Trump and his lick-spittle GOP to scare supporters to the polls.  You know who will be silent about the "caravan?"  Trump and the GOP, post-election.  It will be dropped as an issue as quickly as the Ebola invaders was in 2014.

As predicted...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/13/us/politics/trump-caravan-midterms.html

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6143 on: November 14, 2018, 11:54:16 AM »

IMPEACH 45!!!

You prove my point.  You and McConnell will extremize the oppositions position so you can denounce the opposition as partisan and extreme.

Seeking oversight of the Executive is not an extreme position.  Its their job.  Advocating for zero oversight when the “president” has fully maintained financial ties to a global business in an arrangement that is ripe for quid pro quo corruption is the extreme position.

Kiid’s suggestion has merit in that the man is a dangerous criminal.

Republicans do dirt and evil in bad conscience and constantly project their guilt. It’s both how they live with themselves and even sometimes win.

Investigate him down to 25% popularity, and republicans will be leading his impeachment. There is no love or loyalty on that side, only fear and vengeance. That’s why they did nothing constructive in two solid years of control.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6144 on: November 14, 2018, 12:42:47 PM »

Its not my suggestion, you donk.

oilcan

« Reply #6145 on: November 14, 2018, 01:09:05 PM »

From Fox News today:

“FOX News supports CNN in its legal effort to regain its White House reporter’s press credential. We intend to file an amicus brief with the U.S. District Court. Secret Service passes for working White House journalists should never be weaponized. While we don’t condone the growing antagonistic tone by both the President and the press at recent media avails, we do support a free press, access and open exchanges for the American people.”

Well, well.  Look for Kid to applaud this move, or suffer cognitive dissonance that causes him to add even more "I"s in his moniker. 

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #6146 on: November 14, 2018, 01:10:22 PM »

republicans will be leading his impeachment.
No they won’t. Trump is the only thing that they have going for them. The GOP is dead as a party (have been for some time, thanks to Mitch, Boener and Paul Ryan). They just don’t realize that all those predictions of their imminent demise have finally come true. Trump in the primaries was just the finishing blow. The Pugs demonstrated how feckless they are and were at that time. Few of them wanted Trump, but then all of a sudden he managed to win and then it was “Uh, hold on now…wait minute. Maybe he’s not so terrible after all”. But he was and is just that terrible. Possibly even worse than they imagined. But they are stuck with him now….all the way to the end of the line. What are they going to do, bring back Mr. Mormon?

oilcan

« Reply #6147 on: November 14, 2018, 01:15:25 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/nov/14/earth-death-spiral-radical-action-climate-breakdown

Interesting perspective on the relationship between oligarchy and environmental degradation.  I'm not sure it's quite right about the differential between the interests of the elite and the rest of us - if society collapses, or falters, you can't eat money.  And the producers do need people who can afford to buy things.  But there are grains of truth in there, regarding capitalism in its present form, and the priority of short-term gains over stewardship.  Would be interested in anyone's thoughts on this article.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6148 on: November 14, 2018, 01:47:51 PM »

Its not my suggestion, you donk.

It was by far your best post since you created your account.

You have to get to work on those GOP Senators so that when they see hard evidence they vote to convict. I’m confident that you with your new good sense will find a way.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6149 on: November 14, 2018, 02:51:31 PM »

Richard Branson wants to help the former prisoners to start new lives, he wants people to address the issue on many levels. So, I told him about Prince Albert's grandmother...

Prince Albert of Monaco, Grace Kelly's son, had a Grandmother, Princess Charlotte, Duchess of Valentinois, whom Charlotte Casiraghi was named after, who helped former prisoners, she turned a Grimaldi royal estate in France into a center for released prisoners, and her lover was a former jewel thief. She studied to be a social worker, and she helped former prisoners with her lover at a royal estate. She was a very down to earth royal, whose mother was a cabaret singer, someone should make a movie about her, maybe I will write and produce it, we will see.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Charlotte,_Duchess_of_Valentinois

In Los Angeles there is "Homeboy Industries" to help the former prisoners, and programs like that are great.

https://www.homeboyindustries.org/

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 4288