Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1996434 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #6615 on: November 27, 2018, 12:19:01 PM »

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #6616 on: November 27, 2018, 12:21:09 PM »

No worries,  GOP,  the teargassing children thing should win back plenty of support.   I mean,  how many of have wanted to teargas our children now and then?

The timing is almost perfect, from what I understand photos of the gassed moms and kids will make a wonderful 2018-19 GOP Merry Christmas card

The seasonal symbolism of "no room for you here" is amazing.

Thank God for the decency of the religious right.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6617 on: November 27, 2018, 12:30:56 PM »

They're invaders, Bank. 
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #6618 on: November 27, 2018, 12:42:04 PM »

Silver lining of the disaster that is the Trump Administration is that we can finally put to bed the falsehood that being wealthy or a "businessman" is a qualification for running the nation's economy:

https://www.vox.com/2018/11/27/18114141/trump-wall-street-journal-interview
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

oilcan

« Reply #6619 on: November 27, 2018, 12:59:46 PM »

Almost impossible to refer to DT as a businessman without putting quotes around it.  How many bankruptcies?  loans defaulted on?  contractors refused to pay?  I still wonder what the media was doing when Trump was running that so many people could persist in thinking of Trump as business savvy.  Partly I suppose they were reading troll farm posts on FB instead of actual news.  Partly all those books Trump wrote portraying himself as a wizard of finance, and his general flair for self-promotion. 

oilcan

« Reply #6620 on: November 27, 2018, 01:03:54 PM »

They're invaders, Bank.

Yet, across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6621 on: November 27, 2018, 01:18:07 PM »

Almost impossible to refer to DT as a businessman without putting quotes around it.  How many bankruptcies?  loans defaulted on?  contractors refused to pay?  I still wonder what the media was doing when Trump was running that so many people could persist in thinking of Trump as business savvy.  Partly I suppose they were reading troll farm posts on FB instead of actual news.  Partly all those books Trump wrote portraying himself as a wizard of finance, and his general flair for self-promotion.

“But her emails...”

The NYTimes caped for Trump and should have known better, I mean most in New York knew the guy was a fraud.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #6622 on: November 27, 2018, 01:26:23 PM »

They're invaders, Bank.

Generalismo Trumpo has won a great victory at "The Battle of Tijuana River"

He has recommended himself for a Presidential citation, in part based on his bold strategy in the face of children's sniffles and tears.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #6623 on: November 27, 2018, 02:13:17 PM »

No Collusion!
Witch Hunt!
https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/27/politics/paul-manafort-julian-assange-meetings/index.html

Remember this day when the Guardian permitted a serial fabricator to totally destroy the paper's reputation. @WikiLeaks is willing to bet the Guardian a million dollars and its editor's head that Manafort never met Assange. https://t.co/R2Qn6rLQjn
— WikiLeaks (@wikileaks) November 27, 2018

Note that's not a denial or refutation.  Just bluster.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 08:06:02 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6624 on: November 27, 2018, 04:53:40 PM »

Manafort, Assange, and Stone are smarter than everyone else. They should be able to get away with it. You can tell by the way they all dress.

The running tally on cost to local businesses of the battle of TJ and attendant border closing is $5.3 million. The man can sure throw expensive tantrums. Ritual cruelty writ large for Faux and friends.

Every vote for a republican is another can of gas on the bonfire.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6625 on: November 27, 2018, 05:29:53 PM »

Liberal outrage over gas bombs misdirected.

---Tear gas used once a month at border under Obama
DHS data shows deployments dating back years---

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/26/obama-administration-used-tear-gas-border-once-mon/

Did the Aussies find the perfect solution? A secure temporary island homeland where the primitive hordes can relax and heal their wounds before they are sent back.

(a) I don't trust the Washington Times, though they are better than WND.

(b) I don't care who is doing it. If the United States did it under Obama, then it was wrong then, too, and should have been investigated - given that it was not, I am skeptical that it happened.

(c) Were they gassing children who were present for a protest that was not trying to do more than call attention to the plight?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #6626 on: November 27, 2018, 05:43:03 PM »

Dems decided to win the Latino vote by supporting open borders? Backfired badly, lost the blue collars. Just ask Hil.

---Hillary Clinton’s Call for Europe to Curb Migration---
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6627 on: November 27, 2018, 05:44:07 PM »

Pravda is busy winding up the nation’s Luees and Bambus. Stupid chaos to follow...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/sinclair-forces-local-tv-stations-to-air-segment-defending-tear-gassing-migrants?ref=home
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6628 on: November 27, 2018, 08:41:16 PM »

Truth matters not these days

It's the spin that is important.  Whatever gets Trump's Gallup unfavorable toward 60 and above......truth aside..is at the crux of much of the reporting of US current events

Sad.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6629 on: November 27, 2018, 08:47:57 PM »

Interesting that Morning Joe Scars and the Meekster are OFF this week, as the caravan that was a month away arrives ....ahem....early

This caravan expected to be about 8-10 in number ....I kid you not....he said it....by the time it actually arrived...if it ever did

"Psst....hey honey...if we get MARRIED we don't have to show our lying, mistaken faces for about ten days.....maybe we will be able to talk about Mueller by then"

Heh.

Deutsch invite lost in the mail.  Priceless.
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 4288