Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1606067 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #6705 on: November 29, 2018, 11:27:14 PM »

Gettin it done

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/28/politics/final-bump-stock-ban/index.html

Not what you said when the Obama administration used regulations to cause changes they could not get legislatively.

While I applaud the idea of the new regs, I doubt they will hold up in court.

Which means, "not getting it done," probably.

Yep

And we all know everything Trump does needs to be challenged in court

Country be damned!

Everything? Hardly!

But a bunch of his stuff does, yes.

Kind of like Obama's executive orders that the GOP took to court, repeatedly.

Sauce, goose, gander? Remember those, Kiid?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6706 on: November 29, 2018, 11:29:07 PM »

Heh

Tactics?

Obama was sued by Republicans about 6 times a year on average.

Dems sued Trump 35 times in year 1.

Trump is issuing far more EOs than Obama did, as has been pointed out to you before.

And his are on average far less legal than Obama's on average.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6707 on: November 29, 2018, 11:35:36 PM »

George Washington kept slaves for virtually all of his life...317 on his property when he died.

Upper hypocrisy to tear down statues of Robert E Lee and not tear down statues of George Washington.

If I were a Black man in America with the name Washington I'd be changing it quick smart as soon as I could.

1) Washington did not go to war against the United States. Lee did - that is the problem we have with him, not his slave ownership.

2) Lee's slave ownership is relevant only because in the  (so apt) white-washing of his reputation, people made him out to be a "good" slave owner who hated the institution, when he was mean and he fought to keep his slaves, despite their having been promised freedom.

3) Honestly, I find Washington's and Jefferson's slave ownership pretty problematic and have said so repeatedly. Jefferson's rape of Sally Hennings is awful.

But as already pointed out, not related to the problem with Lee.

I know - hard for you to understand.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6708 on: November 29, 2018, 11:37:54 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2018/11/28/hayhoe-climate-report-interview-ac360.cnn

Good interview with one of the authors of the climate report that Trump doesn't believe and he and Sanders mischaracterize (but which neither has read even close to in its entirety).

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 11:46:16 PM by josh »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6710 on: November 29, 2018, 11:46:55 PM »

Unexpected windfall from the Trump tax cut:
https://www.abcactionnews.com/newsy/outdoor-retailer-will-donate-10m-it-saved-from-trump-tax-cut

Way to go, Patagonia!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6711 on: November 29, 2018, 11:49:47 PM »

Unexpected windfall from the campaign?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/11/29/trump-organization-vladimir-putin-penthouse-suite/2156031002/

During the campaign, the Trump organization discussed giving Putin a $50 million penthouse in their propossed Moscow tower.

Pay for play, anybody?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6712 on: November 29, 2018, 11:51:36 PM »

And this is hilarious in a sad way:

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/two-million-federal-workers-receive-memo-warning-cant-use-word-resist-discuss-trump-impeachment-work/

I wonder how the scientists discussing ohms get around the word "resist."

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6713 on: November 30, 2018, 12:15:45 AM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-trump-administration-is-taking-bold-action-to-combat-the-evil-of-human-trafficking/2018/11/29/3e21685c-f411-11e8-80d0-f7e1948d55f4_story.html

I was very excited to read this headline - I would love a reason to cheer for my president, instead of being angry with him all the time.

Then I saw it was an op-ed.

Then I saw it was written by Ivanka.

barton

« Reply #6714 on: November 30, 2018, 12:30:16 AM »

And this is hilarious in a sad way:

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/two-million-federal-workers-receive-memo-warning-cant-use-word-resist-discuss-trump-impeachment-work/

I wonder how the scientists discussing ohms get around the word "resist."

"V/I" 

Generally,  in any AC circuit we say "Impedance"

Which Trump thinks means a condition you need little blue pills for.   

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #6715 on: November 30, 2018, 12:31:55 AM »

George Washington kept slaves for virtually all of his life...317 on his property when he died.

Upper hypocrisy to tear down statues of Robert E Lee and not tear down statues of George Washington.

If I were a Black man in America with the name Washington I'd be changing it quick smart as soon as I could.

If I didn’t already know you were a stone cold stupid racist fuckwad, I’d think you jump randomly from topic to topic to topic. Fortunately I know better.

It’s not your race that makes you inferior, Bambu. It’s all the terrible choices you make.

Lee, tearing down of his statues and a painting in someone's office were mentioned in this forum the other day.
Not about race and slaves, apparently...but that Lee went to war with the United States.

In my mind anyone who was a slaveowner should not be glorified in statue or in any other way.

I'd still be changing my name if it were Washington and I were Black.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 12:36:34 AM by bambu-wisdom »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6716 on: November 30, 2018, 03:14:15 AM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6717 on: November 30, 2018, 05:24:42 AM »

George Washington is not honored by statues because he led military forces against the United States in a rebellion fraught and designed to perpetuate slavery.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6718 on: November 30, 2018, 09:15:41 AM »

Kid has sold his passport and his stake in social security for a MAGA hat and a trump steak.

If the criminal conspiracy can’t go on, he has nothing left.

Nah

I won't wear the hat

Not my color

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6719 on: November 30, 2018, 09:18:04 AM »

Gettin it done

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/28/politics/final-bump-stock-ban/index.html

Not what you said when the Obama administration used regulations to cause changes they could not get legislatively.

While I applaud the idea of the new regs, I doubt they will hold up in court.

Which means, "not getting it done," probably.

Yep

And we all know everything Trump does needs to be challenged in court

Country be damned!

Everything? Hardly!

But a bunch of his stuff does, yes.

Kind of like Obama's executive orders that the GOP took to court, repeatedly.

Sauce, goose, gander? Remember those, Kiid?

I gave you the numbers

46 times in 8 years.
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 4288