Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583585 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #6750 on: November 30, 2018, 10:20:52 PM »

In which The Traitor to the USA, R. E. Lee shows his true---uh---colors:http://teachingamericanhistory.org/library/document/letter-to-andrew-hunter-on-employing-negro-troops/
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

barton

« Reply #6751 on: November 30, 2018, 10:27:26 PM »

In which The Traitor to the USA, R. E. Lee shows his true---uh---colors:http://teachingamericanhistory.org/library/document/letter-to-andrew-hunter-on-employing-negro-troops/

See my two posts on the previous page.  I don't think Redward read those quotes either.

The second post referenced your letter of 1865. 

I think the value of posting facts here may now be exactly null.   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: November 30, 2018, 10:34:53 PM »

The value to Red and Kid is nil. They can hardly read and cannot learn at all.

I find this forum usefully informative.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: November 30, 2018, 11:59:07 PM »

Are you wrongass mokes still jabbering about Lee?0

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: December 01, 2018, 01:16:22 AM »

George Washington kept slaves for virtually all of his life...317 on his property when he died.

Upper hypocrisy to tear down statues of Robert E Lee and not tear down statues of George Washington.

If I were a Black man in America with the name Washington I'd be changing it quick smart as soon as I could.
George Washington is not honored by statues because he led military forces against the United States in a rebellion fraught and designed to perpetuate slavery.
Neither did Lee.
Fuck revisionism. That is precisely what he did, allowing for my typing/proofing skills that gave us "fraught " instead of "fought." Every ground for southern secession comes down to slavery. Every one.
The revisionism is yours.
Nope. Slavery and the preservation of slavery was the root of.everything and they were clear about it at the time.
I hope you hit the law books harder than you did the history books.
I note the absence of a factual response, because you have none. Slavery underlies everything.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: December 01, 2018, 01:19:44 AM »

I missed this last week: Trump and his hotel saw a suit against them dismissed.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/26/politics/trump-dc-hotel-lawsuit-dismissed/

Only leaves two suits left, about the emoluments, I believe.

Of course, Mr. "I never settle suits" Trump already settled millions of dollars of suits against the hotel's failure to pay contractors, but that's old news. Both the settled suits and Trump's ongoing refusal to honor contracts.

Kind of like treaties or commitments to allies or Congress or the American people!

The Liar-in-Chief.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: December 01, 2018, 02:26:26 AM »

http://www.salon.com/2018/11/30/trump-boosts-alan-dershowitz-as-report-alleges-lawyer-was-involved-in-sexual-encounters-with-minors/

I’m very afraid that by the end of this we are going to find out what Giuliani’s perverse sexual proclivities are as well and that they will run hard to the nasty.

No other reason a lawyer would get within a country mile of the trump morass at this point. 
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6757 on: December 01, 2018, 02:30:53 AM »

Of course, Mr. "I never settle suits" Trump already settled millions of dollars of suits against the hotel's failure to pay contractors, but that's old news. Both the settled suits and Trump's ongoing refusal to honor contracts.

Kind of like treaties or commitments to allies or Congress or the American people!

The Liar-in-Chief.

Must have been a Trump appointed judge

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: December 01, 2018, 03:36:51 AM »

The Liar-in-Chief.

Must have been a Trump appointed judge

I know research is hard for you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_J._Leon
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: December 01, 2018, 07:55:04 AM »

See my two posts on the previous page.  I don't think Redward read those quotes either.

The second post referenced your letter of 1865. 

I think the value of posting facts here may now be exactly null.

Could be. As Don Henley put it, "We got Space Age machinery and Stone Age emotions".
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #6760 on: December 01, 2018, 07:57:55 AM »

"Poppy Bush"  is dead. RIP.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #6761 on: December 01, 2018, 08:04:54 AM »

House Democrats on Friday unveiled more details of their first bill for the new Congress, a good-government package that would limit big money in politics, make it easier for citizens to vote and require presidents to disclose their tax returns.

The legislation, called H.R. 1, sets the tone for Democrats as they take the majority in January, though prospects for passage are murky. Republicans will still be in charge of the Senate and the White House, and it's unlikely they'll sign off on some of the proposals, which are still in the works.

Still, Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi voiced optimism about prospects for the legislation.

"Our best friend in this debate is the public," Pelosi said. "We believe that it will have great support and that message won't get lost on the Senate or on the president of the United States."

The bill would create automatic national voter registration while expanding access to early and online registration. It would increase federal support for state voter systems, including paper ballots to prevent fraud.

Here you go, GOP. Time to prove you are for democracy, and not the oligarchy.

Good move by the Dems.

barton

« Reply #6762 on: December 01, 2018, 09:50:40 AM »

I do thank Poppy Bush for coining the term "voodoo economics" when he was running against Ronnie in the 1980 primary. 

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6763 on: December 01, 2018, 10:02:03 AM »

The term really has no practical use these days. Imagine the idea today of cutting taxes continuously with no thought given to deficit.  Wait....
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #6764 on: December 01, 2018, 11:02:19 AM »

The man had a helluva resume and served his country in many capacities. I didn't always agree with him, but I believe he served with the best of intentions for doing what was he felt was in he best interest of this country.

His greatest fault may have been in not more faithfully practicing birth control.

RIP Mr. President
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 4288