Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583493 times)

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #7005 on: December 07, 2018, 11:34:01 PM »

Right on Tony.

Under a forest of filings, it also comes out that the Russian infiltrated and inflated NRA illegally coordinated with Individual 1 and many other republican office holders and defeated candidates.

The FEC is doing its level best to ignore this, but Mueller has already transmuted this into bricks for the edifice he’s erecting to keep the criminal undesirables (Kiid would call them the first family. First in trade deficit, bigly.) out of contact with the peace loving and prosperous American population. How do you build a baby jail for a 73 year old baby?

Does Grassley wait for a more pliable gop Committee or does he try and get the new AG pick through in the lame duck like a hot potato?

How hot is it going to get in Bambu’s Little Hell hole after the new year? It’s a preview of things to come for us up here.

NJ’s magazine limit has been upheld.

The fundies need to understand the biblical signs they should voting D not R.

Ice ages come and go.
The planet warms up...the planet cools down, all by itself.
Once upon a time, long ago, you could walk from India to Australia...then the seas rose, the land bridge was covered and after that you had to come by boat.
The climate is always changing.

50,000 bushfires [forest fires] in Australia every year...that's before you get to worrying about my old car and fossil fuels.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #7006 on: December 07, 2018, 11:53:28 PM »

All sounds good, Tony.
Except that the moment you start favouring Christian migrants/refugees/asylum-seekers/economic immigrants [call them what you will] the usual suspects will scream "racist" and a dozen other "...………..phobics" at you.

The world changed after 9/11 when NYC was blown up with hijacked planes.

Boston bombings.
People being hacked to death on London Bridge and in Melbourne.

No longer can there be "open borders".
No longer can people be allowed to simply waltz into America over porous borders because they feel like it.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #7007 on: December 08, 2018, 12:58:16 AM »

Tora! Tora! Tora!  like lambs to the slaughter...at Pearl Harbor.

Mistakes were made that allowed it all.

Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq...mistakes...more Americans/allies slaughtered for nothing.

No more Mistakes!
No foot off the throat on the Korean peninsula!  all this lovey dovey stuff could well be a trap!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7008 on: December 08, 2018, 01:14:47 AM »

Right on Tony.

Under a forest of filings, it also comes out that the Russian infiltrated and inflated NRA illegally coordinated with Individual 1 and many other republican office holders and defeated candidates.

The FEC is doing its level best to ignore this, but Mueller has already transmuted this into bricks for the edifice he’s erecting to keep the criminal undesirables (Kiid would call them the first family. First in trade deficit, bigly.) out of contact with the peace loving and prosperous American population. How do you build a baby jail for a 73 year old baby?

Does Grassley wait for a more pliable gop Committee or does he try and get the new AG pick through in the lame duck like a hot potato?

How hot is it going to get in Bambu’s Little Hell hole after the new year? It’s a preview of things to come for us up here.

NJ’s magazine limit has been upheld.

The fundies need to understand the biblical signs they should voting D not R.

Ice ages come and go.
The planet warms up...the planet cools down, all by itself.
Once upon a time, long ago, you could walk from India to Australia...then the seas rose, the land bridge was covered and after that you had to come by boat.
The climate is always changing.

50,000 bushfires [forest fires] in Australia every year...that's before you get to worrying about my old car and fossil fuels.

Ice ages come and go.

The planet warms up and cools down, all by itself.

Sure. All true.

SO FUCKING WHAT?

Nobody disagrees with that, fool.

The point is that this warming up:
a) is not the same as those,
b) threatens humanity, whether or not it is caused by what you think it is.

Talking to you is a bigger waste than reading Redd's posts.

And that is saying something.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7010 on: December 08, 2018, 03:43:46 AM »

Here I am talking about our rights, and I just allowed the cops to search my pad without a warrant. The cops showed up here while I was sleeping tonight, and they said that someone called 911 and hung up, so they said they needed to check my place to make sure that everything was okay. So, I let them in to check my place to make sure that I was alone, and that no one here called the police, and that everything was okay. You are not supposed to allow the cops in without a warrant, but I let them in anyway.

It was impossible that someone placed a call to the police from here, I was alone, and I was asleep. I should have told them to make sure that they have the right address.

No one from here called 911. But, I let them search anyway. And I was kind of mad because they woke me up while I was sleeping and they would not stop pounding on the door. I was polite with them, but at first I was kind of angry that they woke me up.

Now, I need to try to go back to sleep. I was sleeping so sound too, they woke me up from really good sleep.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #7011 on: December 08, 2018, 04:11:36 AM »

Here I am talking about our rights, and I just allowed the cops to search my pad without a warrant. The cops showed up here while I was sleeping tonight, and they said that someone called 911 and hung up, so they said they needed to check my place to make sure that everything was okay. So, I let them in to check my place to make sure that I was alone, and that no one here called the police, and that everything was okay. You are not supposed to allow the cops in without a warrant, but I let them in anyway.

It was impossible that someone placed a call to the police from here, I was alone, and I was asleep. I should have told them to make sure that they have the right address.

No one from here called 911. But, I let them search anyway. And I was kind of mad because they woke me up while I was sleeping and they would not stop pounding on the door. I was polite with them, but at first I was kind of angry that they woke me up.

Now, I need to try to go back to sleep. I was sleeping so sound too, they woke me up from really good sleep.

Salute,

Tony V.

You did absolutely the correct thing.
Correct for your wellbeing that is.
You were very wise...it's always wise to be polite with the police.
Explain things to them "cool, calm and rational".
Seems to me that the cops hate 'smart-asses'.

You can be polite and cooperative with the police without being a 'doormat'.
There's probably some law that the cops can enter your home without a warrant if they suspect a crime could be in progress/someone's life could be in danger.
A 911 call could well give them "reasonable suspicion".

Pity some of these young men being bashed and shot by the cops weren't as polite and cooperate with the police as you were.
When the cops ask them for ID they wanna argue and start WW3 over it...then they find themselves in strife.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #7012 on: December 08, 2018, 04:15:31 AM »

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2018/12/david-lammy-s-speech-commons-britain-did-not-become-great-total-isolation

On the EU, Brexit, and Britain.

The People seemingly want Brexit.
The ruling elite seemingly do not.

My guess is that the ruling elite will get their way.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7013 on: December 08, 2018, 05:45:43 AM »

The people were lied to shamelessly and incessantly about how they would benefit without consequences from Brexit by people who no longer have any credibility on any policy matter and are coming to know how far their credibility and prestige have fallen in the shitter.

I did find one redeeming facet of Australian culture, Aussie ABC has a series called 4 Corners that did a three part series on trump and Russia.

It’s now abundantly clear that the core of the trump campaign and administration is people who sort of fit the jobs through a Bizarro lens of Bizarro logic but more importantly are tied together through being in deals that give them immense personal financial stakes in seeing US sanctions on Russia lifted. Rex, Flynn, Manafort, Cohen, Ross, Individual 1 and his offspring. They filled in any missing pieces with anyone else similarly for sale. Only the corrupted need apply.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #7014 on: December 08, 2018, 11:49:43 AM »

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/dec/07/tucker-carlson-fox-news-trump-interview-turns

When you're Trump and even Tucker Carlson turns on you,  it's time to start locating the exits. 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #7015 on: December 08, 2018, 12:16:38 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/dec/07/tucker-carlson-fox-news-trump-interview-turns

When you're Trump and even Tucker Carlson turns on you,  it's time to start locating the exits.

Speaking of Tucker, I tuned into Faux last night to see what fair and balanced approach they were taking with Mueller/SDNY double sentencing memo bombshells, and was treated to Tucker taking aim on the corrupt Clinton Foundation.

I think we've long past the point where parody is sufficent to explain away the naked complicity Faux has exhibited towards the lawlessness, corruption and perhaps traitorous actions of the Trump Crime family.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7016 on: December 08, 2018, 01:12:56 PM »

Speaking of Tucker, I tuned into Faux last night to see what fair and balanced approach they were taking with Mueller/SDNY double sentencing memo bombshells, and was treated to Tucker taking aim on the corrupt Clinton Foundation.

I think we've long past the point where parody is sufficent to explain away the naked complicity Faux has exhibited towards the lawlessness, corruption and perhaps traitorous actions of the Trump Crime family.

I don't know too much about Tucker Carlson since he was schooled on ethics by Jon Stewart, but I did find this to be excellent reading: https://www.justsecurity.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/20181207-27-sentencing-memo-usa.pdf

Especially interesting is the part about his lying about his "coordination" with Trump...
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #7017 on: December 08, 2018, 03:55:19 PM »

Giuliani says that breaking the law is not a crime.
Well, that’s just Rudy……such a creative and innovative kind of guy. They didn’t call him Mr. 9/11 for no reason. Hard to believe that nobody had any interest in him during the Republican primaries. Fame—it’s fleeting Rudy.

bodiddley

• View Profile
Timing helped Trump
« Reply #7018 on: December 08, 2018, 04:38:57 PM »

Why was all this dumped on Friday?
Would've made for a full week of headlines and follow-up if released on a Monday. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7019 on: December 08, 2018, 04:56:39 PM »

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2018/12/david-lammy-s-speech-commons-britain-did-not-become-great-total-isolation

On the EU, Brexit, and Britain.

The People seemingly want Brexit.
The ruling elite seemingly do not.

My guess is that the ruling elite will get their way.

You have it backwards on who wants what.

It remains to be seen what the result is, though a recent advisory from the EU court system said that the UK does not need the EU's permission to change their mind.
Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 4288