Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583840 times)

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #7080 on: December 10, 2018, 05:52:46 PM »

"There's no way he wouldnt have known about it"

Does this hold up in a  court of law?  Curious.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #7081 on: December 10, 2018, 05:54:28 PM »

We did respond on Koshogi.

True, “We’ll never know who killed Khashoggi” is a response, just not the response that was warranted, and not the response of a great nation.

And now that it has been confirmed by Senators on both sides of the aisle that we do know who killed Khashoggi, there has been no response from the White House.

It’s a response that serves Trump and Kushner’s interests only.  While doing long-term damage to the US’s reputation as a global protector of human rights, and therefore damage to our ability to protect our interests outside of the country.

You havent followed the story very well.   It was investigated thoroughly (not swept under the carpet) and sanctions were issued on individuals PROVEN to have been involved.

You are the one who needs an update on the story, kiiidcarter8.  US Senators reviewed the very same evidence the WH did (before declaring "who knows?") and said that there is proof MBS is involved. 

For those keeping score, since those Senators made their statements (Senators including Trump ally Lindsay Graham) the White House has issued about thirty tweets re: "the witch hunt!" and "The media is the enemy of the people!" and ZERO on an appropriate response to the Crown Prince's killing of a US resident.

And to add to that, story out this weekend is that Jared is giving him advice on how to get away with it.

All in order to make this nation great(!) i'm sure.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7082 on: December 10, 2018, 05:54:52 PM »

Maybe no smocking gun? Just the thing you need for a cover up.

They’ll be for sale soon on the rNC website, with the MAGA logo & presidential seal. All made in China naturally.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #7083 on: December 10, 2018, 05:55:46 PM »

Not the quote kiidcarter8.

“We know he ordered it. We know he monitored it.” - Sen. Bob Corker (R) chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #7084 on: December 10, 2018, 06:04:36 PM »

Conservatives are still talking about the tarmac meeting between Bill and Loretta, and it was a story in the MSM for weeks.

Yet today, how would you even know that Kushner (who is an actual subject of Mueller's investigation) met with Matt Whitaker on Marine 1?

Itz ME!

• View Profile
« Reply #7085 on: December 10, 2018, 06:09:58 PM »

Zooey Deschanel could crack Leon Redbone like a dry stick.
She is the she in She and Him, isn't she? She must like the song.

Need to find my Leon Rebone Christmas album. Only version of Frosty the Snowman I can listen to without wanting to self harm.

Heh.   There's precious little store Christmas music that doesn't lead me to the razor blade aisle.  Or the pahrumpapum rum. 

Kid - so the intelligence community was just wrong about mbs?  Enlighten us.

Barton, you FUCK!

I'm out, but you're out too! (actually I might be ok, except that I'm probably ...) There's that song. The winner manages to get through the season without hearing it or of it. Or speaking of it.

You spoke of it. So I'm (maybe) out.

Which is a fine lead into why I'm transported in here like I'm Dr. Mc Coy or something. Hey everybody, How are you doing?

So the SCOTUS wants to look at Auer v. Robbins where agencies are given "deference" when it comes to interpreting their regulations.

Is this a question of degree or a "Yes/No" sort of decision?

IMHO the idea sounds sound to me at the basis. Language is imperfect. Activities are often best understood by those that are involved in the process. So it makes sense to give some deference. Perhaps not total deference, if they don't have a policy against murder they don't have the leeway to excuse the murderer. (Whether with a gun or chemicals that "appeared" in the ground water.)

Maybe the word needs to be respect, or regard?

Thank you.

Good seeing you.

PLAU
IM

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7086 on: December 10, 2018, 06:13:14 PM »

Is he being charged criminally?
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #7087 on: December 10, 2018, 06:15:27 PM »

The UNICEF workers are all women, and they are raising the boys to be nerds and sissies. One worker just showed a photo of a boy who was bullied, and they enrolled him in an academics club which promoted healthy self esteem and "dignity." And they showed a picture of a 13 year old boy dressed like a little nerd. UNICEF needs more men to volunteer and work with the children. I told them to teach the boys boxing, and martial arts, and I told them to show the boys old Bruce Lee movies, and the "Rocky" movies, etc.

When a school bully picked on me as a child, my Uncle Dennis taught me how to box, and I beat up the bully. And over the years I have been able to defend other people. I hate it when some children bully other children, and I always stood up against the bullies.

It is great that the children are learning academics, and teach them Shakespeare as well, etc, but also teach the boys the manly things, men are expected to be providers and protectors, and God made man bigger so that he can defend women and children. I do not mean to be sexist, but a man needs to be able to protect his family, etc, and it all begins as a child when he learns to defend himself against the bullies, and as he learns how to defend his friends, and as he learns to defend his little brother, and little sister, etc.

UNICEF is great, but they need to employ more men to teach the boys the manly stuff, and the boys need to learn boxing, and martial arts, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Punch someone today, they fall down and hit their head on a hard surface and die [or just die from the power of the punch] you'll likely be tossed in prison for the rest of your life.
The boys need to learn to have powerful minds...so they can withstand with ease and wisdom verbal abuse all day and all night at school and in greater society.
...and carry guns when adults.

Defending one's friends?
They get to live happy lives..."wine. women and song", while you the good Samaritan rot in prison.

When being choked to death [me] by a big fat f-wit in the crowd at the end of a football game, his big fat sweaty hands around my neck, I really needed a gun to get his "hangman's noose" hands to let go. I was to the stage that I didn't know how much longer I would be able to breathe.
People were hitting him with folding chairs and punches but it made no difference, his eyes of fire were determined to see me dead.
Luckily I got back far enough from him that I managed to kick him in the abdomen...which made him let go.
He was furious that someone had kicked him, and said to the crowd surrounding him "WHO WAS THAT? WHO kicked me?"  … he was so crazy he didn't even know it was me...so I said "It wasn't me". Then I took the opportunity to 'run away'.

One punch can kill.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 06:34:27 PM by bambu-wisdom »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #7088 on: December 10, 2018, 06:32:04 PM »

Is he being charged criminally?

Another case of a Trumpist using the criminal standard only when it suits him.

Which is particularly funny in this case, after a Republican Senator said it would take a jury 30 minutes to convict MBS.

Itz ME!

• View Profile
« Reply #7089 on: December 10, 2018, 06:32:37 PM »

Kavanaugh's first day of the rest of his life? They served him up a hot meatball hero sandwich, there.

Swing and a miss. Kav goes with Ken (KenKav, dibs, Likewise KavKenaughedy) and ducks.

Interesting?

Is Kennedy actually going to be the moderate now? And the mentor? Glass half full?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7090 on: December 10, 2018, 06:43:50 PM »

“When being choked to death [me] by a big fat f-wit in the crowd at the end of a football game, his big fat sweaty hands around my neck, I really needed a gun to get his "hangman's noose" hands to let go. I was to the stage that I didn't know how much longer I would be able to breathe.”

I’m not at all surprised that even your own countrymen have this reaction to you. Everything else in your post is rubish, but it goes a long way to explain why you wind up on the wrong ends of chokings and why you should never be permitted to hold let alone own a gun.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7091 on: December 10, 2018, 06:47:44 PM »

Kavanaugh's first day of the rest of his life? They served him up a hot meatball hero sandwich, there.

Swing and a miss. Kav goes with Ken (KenKav, dibs, Likewise KavKenaughedy) and ducks.

Interesting?

Is Kennedy actually going to be the moderate now? And the mentor? Glass half full?

Maybe Bart has aspirations to be something more than the piece of shit we all saw through his hearing process. If that’s the goal, have at it, though it may take a couple of decades to turn the ship around.

Richard P. Feynman

Itz ME!

• View Profile
« Reply #7092 on: December 10, 2018, 06:50:44 PM »

While I'm asking. How is it possible that Kelly didn't set up a list of his replacements? Isn't that the Chief Of Staff's job?

But how is it is it that Mr. Long Coat's Rolodex is about as big and powerful as his Mr. Wiggles? How did he not know there was going to be an opening? And what about the vast right wing cabal? Where is the Heritage Foundation, or the Tri Lateral Commission?

The world was comfortable with the illusion that the US Democracy was an illusion. Now it seems that those Illuminati should have bought a Duracell, because that flashlight is OUT!

Itz ME!

• View Profile
« Reply #7093 on: December 10, 2018, 06:51:27 PM »

Interesting?

Maybe Bart has aspirations to be something more than the piece of shit we all saw through his hearing process. If that’s the goal, have at it, though it may take a couple of decades to turn the ship around.

Glass half full.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7094 on: December 10, 2018, 07:24:08 PM »

Well alright now this is getting good

CHRIS CHRISTIE now on the Chief of Staff short list.
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 4288