Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475 476 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583624 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #7095 on: December 10, 2018, 07:32:47 PM »

It’s, I take that as a subtle Felix Sater reference. Let’s not forget that guy.

Chris would eat donuts all day and tell everyone he saw “you’re so fucked”. He can do that on TV without the expense of having to mount his own criminal defense.

Nick Ayers has loudly rendered his verdict on this administration. A bigly “no thanks.” He’s also indicated that the splash zone will cross multiple state lines. He’ll keep taking the money, but he’s getting far away from trump and pence by retreating to the bussom of his family.

Mick mulveney and steve the munchkin, as two of the hollowest suits and emptiest barrels in the Unitied States, are reportedly being considered.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7096 on: December 10, 2018, 07:44:59 PM »

Ayers will be running Trump's Super Pac.  Doesn't seem like he will be too "far away"

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7097 on: December 10, 2018, 07:53:13 PM »

So he’ll still be needing that personal legal defense fund. Someone should let him know before he spends it all. Young kids are expensive.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7098 on: December 10, 2018, 08:49:13 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7099 on: December 10, 2018, 08:56:13 PM »

Well alright now this is getting good

CHRIS CHRISTIE now on the Chief of Staff short list.

Christie put Kushner’s dad in jail... I don’t see it.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Itz ME!

• View Profile
« Reply #7100 on: December 10, 2018, 09:31:06 PM »

WAIT!

There's a Reality Game Show here, "Who Wants to be a Billionaire ('s Bitch)?"

The Apprief Of Staff.

Writes itself. POC, SOP. Bing Bang boom.

This could anchor a Thursday Night, Solid! 10-11...Into the news.

If there's a way to make money. You almost hate to put the idea in print. Shots of Agent Overcoat talking outside for no particular reason. But now what he's talking about is the assignment he gives the candidates  (anncay ullermay)

Itz ME!

• View Profile
« Reply #7101 on: December 10, 2018, 09:42:45 PM »

I'll lose this soon...

It seems to me that Mueller is throwing a head fake. He has the two women and trump is denying there was campaign $ used.

But the real problem Trump has is the Enquirer. Because his records are Mueller's records. Those are the campaign contributions that are Trump's flank.

Because if they weren't, then they were gifts to Donald that Donald did not report on his Income taxes.

Because we have to be sure that if they weren't gifts then they were bills due. The monetary value of which was not disclosed as his companies were entering into financial contracts. That's fraud.

(Keep Dreaming)

OK I will...

He should ask Michael Bloomberg!

No way Bloomberg would turn that down! That is a tear down turnaround project. Bloomberg would love to pull it off, and Save America at the same time!

Bloomberg might actually be able to do it. It might be enough to keep Trump out of JAIL! In office Trump can hide under the desk for two years. Shit, he's had people sitting in his waiting room for two years. "Today might be the day!"

Solves Trump's other problem... the one with the Nazis. Trump is going to have to go home someday. You better do something if you're coming to do business in NYC and naming Bloomberg would go a long way towards that. Maybe not as much as Kavanaugh helped you with the hillbilly crowd.

Hey that's a legitimate name now. Now the Wisconsin has decided that the votes of the landed gentry are more valid and important than the votes of the city dwellers.

Something has to restore sanity. The market is dead, Why? Oh well tariffs and brexit ... No. The president tweeted that there was a deal with China and the market touched 26,000 (in a Bear market, so it's aided by the short squeeze) Then it came out that there was no deal... and the world said, "this fucking guy is really a fucking moron!" Let couldn't let themselves believe it prior. But there is no getting around it. And now the Kelly thing (I do lay that on Kelly though. He owed US that much. Maybe he has a plan, he's a mili...tary ...guy... ruh roh rorge!  Good news is I think most military men honor the Constitution and would not be in favor of military rule.)

(Dream on...)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 09:59:55 PM by Itz ME! »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7102 on: December 10, 2018, 09:50:52 PM »

Gordon Smith of Oregon would be a good Chief Of Staff for Trump, Gordon is a good, honest guy, and he is a hard worker, and he would bring statesmanship and class to the job.

Link for his Wikipedia page...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_H._Smith

The Oregonians love Gordon Smith.

Salute,

Tony V.

Itz ME!

• View Profile
« Reply #7103 on: December 10, 2018, 10:02:03 PM »

I would be a ....YOU would be a good chief of staff for Trump.

Better than who he planned in any case.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7104 on: December 10, 2018, 10:19:56 PM »

To quote Senator Blutarski...

HOLY SHITH!

“We are at an inflection point in which the foundational principles of our democracy and our national security interests are at stake, and the rule of law and the ability of our institutions to function freely and independently must be upheld...”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/44-former-senators-urge-senate-to-defend-democracy-amid-constitutional-crisis

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7105 on: December 10, 2018, 11:11:01 PM »

If you need to correspond with an expert on Constitutional Law, there is Douglas Kmiec, he is brilliant, and if you are lucky he will respond to your emails and answer questions.

https://law.pepperdine.edu/faculty-research/douglas-kmiec/

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7106 on: December 11, 2018, 01:01:03 AM »

So a 74 years old song( Oscar winner to boot) Baby It’s Cold Outside now somehow  promotes “ date rape” to some in the @# metoo crowd?
In the PC world running amok is the only way to run.

I’m ok with people “running amok” when the intention is to combat sexism, sexual harassment, and assault.  However that effort may overreach, I can live with that.

I cannot live with politicians whose running amok entails criminal actions that are only part of their efforts to weaken our Democracy so that they may be elected with the purpose of further self-enrichment and corrupt alignment of what was once a beacon for good in the world with the likes of Russia and Saudi-Arabia.  That is the kind of running amok that concerns me.  Partly, but not only because, the leader of that effort is himself a confessed sexual assaulter.

I can understand why, for purely partisan reasons, your priorities are different.

BONK

Trump is a patriot.  He acts in direct line with what he feels is best for AMERICA

BUNK

Kiiiiid is a gullible twit. He acts in direct line with what Trump wants him to.

Trump acts in direct line with what he feels is best for Trump, with little ability to consider what is good for America.

He is too busy undoing anything Obama did that was well received to consider its value in its own rights. He is too busy enriching himself with his $83 million spent on golf trips to consider whether those are good for America. He is too enamored of strongman dictators to be able to see if embracing them serves us, not just them.

Sometimes, Kiiiiid, you make Bambi-wisdom seem comparatively real.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7107 on: December 11, 2018, 01:02:58 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7108 on: December 11, 2018, 01:12:25 AM »

It’s, I take that as a subtle Felix Sater reference. Let’s not forget that guy.

Chris would eat donuts all day and tell everyone he saw “you’re so fucked”. He can do that on TV without the expense of having to mount his own criminal defense.

Saw a suggestion.

Trump should run a reality show to choose his next Chief of Staff.

They could call it The Accomplice.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7109 on: December 11, 2018, 01:14:19 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475 476 ... 4288