Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1580320 times)

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #7200 on: December 12, 2018, 11:40:18 PM »

Hillary thew a cool $ 1 billion or so, (much of it donations to Clinton Foundation to help children)
You are a liar Red. And that is a bald faced, bold faced lie. There is no evidence of any financial intermingling between the CF and Hillary's campaign.  That is a lie, pure and simple.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 11:42:09 PM by whiskeypriest »
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7201 on: December 12, 2018, 11:59:27 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/12/politics/mark-green-vaccines-autism-town-hall/index.html

GOP Rep-elect tries to have it both ways.

Scum, feeding on the fears of the public about autism.

He'll fit right in with his party.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7202 on: December 13, 2018, 12:49:22 AM »

http://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/12/national-enquirers-deal-imperil-trump-1061792

Trump has lost his Pecker.

His administration has gone limp.

He can’t erect even the slightest defense.

His inability to perform is causing noticeable shrinkage in his popularity.

This is what comes from fooling around with pros without any real protection.

His loss is incurable and the symptoms will only progress.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7203 on: December 13, 2018, 12:51:41 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7205 on: December 13, 2018, 02:01:12 AM »

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2018/12/trump-quietly-shuts-hiv-cure-research-appease-religious-right/

I can hear the excuses, now, but that is all it will be, boys, is excuses.

This is Trump. That is why.

Be proud, Redd.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #7206 on: December 13, 2018, 08:03:47 AM »

Hillary thew a cool $ 1 billion or so, (much of it donations to Clinton Foundation to help children)
You are a liar Red. And that is a bald faced, bold faced lie. There is no evidence of any financial intermingling between the CF and Hillary's campaign.  That is a lie, pure and simple.

This is true and needed to be said, but I was mostly shocked that someone can be so ignorant of current events that they think the extent of Russian interference in the 2016 election was an ad buy on Google.

FOX rots the brain.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #7207 on: December 13, 2018, 08:29:02 AM »

This is true and needed to be said, but I was mostly shocked that someone can be so ignorant of current events that they think the extent of Russian interference in the 2016 election was an ad buy on Google.

FOX rots the brain.
Yep. People are always better off getting their information from their number one radio host.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #7208 on: December 13, 2018, 08:40:15 AM »

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2018-12-12/markets-conclude-u-s-treasuries-are-riskier-than-chinese-debt?srnd=opinion

China still pays a little more on benchmark securities. But that historic advantage, which coincided with the embrace of the multilateral alliances that made America great and that Trump disdains, may disappear altogether as investors lose confidence in the full faith and credit of the U.S.

They would be pricing in various economic realities: the slowing rate of U.S. economic growth, the U.S. government’s exploding debt, the diminished Treasury revenue caused by the 2017 tax cuts, and the Fed’s pursuit of a monetary policy keeping rates well above their average for the decade.

Investors see growth slowing, and it shows. Extreme fluctuations in the stock and bond markets the past month reflect investor anxiety over the transition from a brightening economy to the creeping sense that the best of this cycle has come and gone.

Well that was $1.5 Trillion spent on tax cuts for the rich well spent!
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

barton

« Reply #7209 on: December 13, 2018, 09:58:50 AM »

FOX rots the brain.

Also interesting that Red neglected to compare "earned media" spending between Trump and HRC as well.   

Clinton's unsuccessful campaign ($768 million in spending) outspent Trump's successful one ($398 million) by nearly 2 to 1. The Democratic National Committee and left-leaning outside groups also outspent their Republican counterparts by considerable margins.

But Trump benefited immensely from “earned media” — the free TV time he got by virtue of being an unconventional candidate who frequently said outlandish and offensive things. Trump received about $5 billion in free media, according to an estimate by media analysis firm MediaQuant, compared with only $3.24 billion for Clinton...   
  -- WaPo

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #7210 on: December 13, 2018, 10:01:36 AM »

Donations to the Foundation are now at a trickle. Quid without quo, you know, will do that.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #7211 on: December 13, 2018, 10:04:21 AM »

You calling Google CEO Sundar Pichai a liar?
How racist of you.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #7212 on: December 13, 2018, 10:06:52 AM »

The leader of Red''s party is going to be impeached.

Clinton Foundation!!!!!!
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7213 on: December 13, 2018, 10:20:59 AM »

JARED is party leader.

oilcan

« Reply #7214 on: December 13, 2018, 11:16:22 AM »

You calling Google CEO Sundar Pichai a liar?
How racist of you.

It's pretty clear you are a full-on troll.  That is one fucking disgustiing distortion of a comment that you know perfectly well was a sound rebuttal.  And you know that Russian meddling went far beyond Google.  And you know that Sundar didn't claim otherwise.  Either acknowledge and respond to actual arguments made here, or get the fuck out of here.

Nor do you reply to facts rebutting your insinuations (I won't even call them arguments).  Like the figures that Bart quoted on 2016 campaign spending. 

All your obsession with isolated factoids from 2016's scoreboard gets you is drawing everyone's attention to all the shit that Trump did back then, the slander, the lies, the voter suppression, the Russian hacking....pretty much everything that helped 26% of Americans get the retarded sociopathic mobster in the White House they thought would act out their dreams of America with a giant moat around it.
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 4288