Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584108 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #7500 on: December 20, 2018, 11:40:03 AM »

That Charlie Brown analogy works.  Expect some crickets chirping from Redstate's direction.  Trump doesn't seem to grasp that isolationism is an ideology that can't be implemented overnight.  If he were a Boy Scout, he would be the one that helps old ladies halfway across the street and then leaves them there. 
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 12:28:29 PM by Barton »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #7501 on: December 20, 2018, 12:11:39 PM »

I have understood for some time that Trump was a greedy fucking pig, and was only motivated by self-interest, and very narrowly defined self-interest.

So viewing his decision to leave Syria and fucking up the balance in the middle-east, tilting the field towards Russia and our enemies, and weakening the US, probably means the Trump Towers Russia project is back on.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7502 on: December 20, 2018, 12:42:13 PM »

How much you wanna bet this ends with some dumb fuck or group in jail...

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7503 on: December 20, 2018, 05:23:17 PM »

Big day on the forum

Heh.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7504 on: December 20, 2018, 05:29:31 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/20/health/healthiest-states-2018-study/index.html

Healthiest states in an annual review.

Affluence continues to have an important role in the discussion, but not the only one.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7505 on: December 20, 2018, 05:32:07 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #7506 on: December 20, 2018, 05:34:11 PM »

So now even Mattis has had enough. Surprised it took him so long to realize who is the real boss at the White House.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #7507 on: December 20, 2018, 06:26:59 PM »

My views on treating allies with respect and also being clear-eyed about both malign actors and strategic competitors are strongly held and informed by over four decades of immersion in these issues.  We must do everything possible to advance an international order that is most conducive to our security, prosperity, and values, and we are strengthened in this effort by the solidarity of our alliances. 

Because you have the right to have a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects, I believe it is right for me to step down from my position.

Kind of amazing that Mattis articulates what should be a straightforward and given view on international policy and then basically says that Trump does not share that view.

Well sure.  This is what happens when your "President" is in Putin's pocket and honestly could not give two shits about the importance of America maintaining its standing in the world order.  The only interests Trump is interested in advancing are his own.

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #7508 on: December 20, 2018, 07:10:52 PM »

Big day on the forum

Heh.

Mattis-with 40 years of defense and national security expertise, resigns as Sec of Defense, as he can't work with a treacherous and dangerous idiot as commader in chief.

Discuss.

barton

« Reply #7509 on: December 20, 2018, 07:12:19 PM »

The self interest of Trump has never seemed more obvious than it does today.   And I just caught Whiskey's Wallace Stevens reference.  Ha.  If the emperor of ice cream wants to visit Trump,  I'm okay with that.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7510 on: December 20, 2018, 07:17:59 PM »

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/veterans-affairs-private-care-program

The VA’s Private Care Program Gave Firms Billions And Vets Longer Waits

Let's expand it!

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7511 on: December 20, 2018, 07:26:16 PM »

My views on treating allies with respect and also being clear-eyed about both malign actors and strategic competitors are strongly held and informed by over four decades of immersion in these issues.  We must do everything possible to advance an international order that is most conducive to our security, prosperity, and values, and we are strengthened in this effort by the solidarity of our alliances. 

Because you have the right to have a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects, I believe it is right for me to step down from my position.

Kind of amazing that Mattis articulates what should be a straightforward and given view on international policy and then basically says that Trump does not share that view.

Well sure.  This is what happens when your "President" is in Putin's pocket and honestly could not give two shits about the importance of America maintaining its standing in the world order.  The only interests Trump is interested in advancing are his own.

Has nothing at all to do with Putin.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #7512 on: December 20, 2018, 07:30:42 PM »

Hopefully the Joint Chiefs will just tell him, "yes sir" and ignore the crazy and treacherous Russian puppet in the White House.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #7513 on: December 20, 2018, 07:50:48 PM »

You couldn’t connect the dots if they were numbered, kiidcarter8.

All those props you thought Trump deserved because he didn’t instantly trash the country...how’s that position looking right now?

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #7514 on: December 20, 2018, 07:52:04 PM »

You couldn’t connect the dots if they were numbered, kiidcarter8.

All those props you thought Trump deserved because he didn’t instantly trash the country...how’s that position looking right now?

"Defense secretary quits in protest over Trump Middle east policy as government shutdown looms and financial markets tank"

#MAGA
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 4288