Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583563 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #7545 on: December 21, 2018, 08:33:56 AM »

Bro!
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #7546 on: December 21, 2018, 09:06:48 AM »

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-1999-campaign-finance-expert-1267364

Well, of course he knows more about campaign finance than anyone else. He's a stable genius!

barton

« Reply #7547 on: December 21, 2018, 09:57:29 AM »

Anyone notice that when the forum was discussing Trump's Putin-friendly NATO-fucking Kurd-sacrificing foreign policy and resignation of Mattis,  Red was completely silent...and then resurrected a week-old topic,  already thoroughly discussed,  of Kavanaugh's ethics panel?   

barton

« Reply #7548 on: December 21, 2018, 10:10:40 AM »

Josh,  major spam attack in Business and Tech thread.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #7549 on: December 21, 2018, 10:20:23 AM »

Anyone notice that when the forum was discussing Trump's Putin-friendly NATO-fucking Kurd-sacrificing foreign policy and resignation of Mattis,  Red was completely silent...and then resurrected a week-old topic,  already thoroughly discussed,  of Kavanaugh's ethics panel?

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/12/defense-secretary-james-mattis-leaving-trump-administration/569746/

“Mattis is the last brake on a president that makes major life-and-death decisions by whim without reading, deliberation, or any thought as to consequences and risks,” said a senior U.S. national-security official on Thursday, who spoke on the condition of anonymity in order to talk freely. “The saving grace is that this president has not been tested by a major national-security crisis. But it will come, and when it does, we are fucked.”

...But REDSTATEWARD got his Supreme Court Judge so "We're number one!"

He is a poster who is the perfect embodiment of the GOP's major malfunction.

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #7550 on: December 21, 2018, 10:23:58 AM »

Didn't instantly trash the country?

Bro, I thought you had a college degree.  Bring some of it to this forum on occasion, please.

Sorry, sorry.  Yes, you should have known it would take him two years to do that.  But maybe in your heart of hearts you didn't think he would get that much time to do it?
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7551 on: December 21, 2018, 10:27:18 AM »

"....hasn't been tested by a major national security crisis.."

Heh.

Recall....

"How can we have this nut with his finger on the (nukes) button...?

Aren't we supposed to be in WW3 by now?

Too bad we can't access all the pre '16 election posts.  Would be fun.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #7552 on: December 21, 2018, 10:39:14 AM »

Heh.

Recall....

And then you prove my point…

Like I said, YOU give him credit for not instantly trashing the country.  The smart ones here, with or without college degrees, knew his malign influence on our Democracy would be far more insidious.  But also knew it would, eventually, reach a point where anyone still willing to defend this guy is either a complete and total idiot, or a traitor to the US and its values.

So which is it for you, kiidcarter8?

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7553 on: December 21, 2018, 10:46:06 AM »

Trump tweets he no longer owns the shutdown. Democrats do.

Drama.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7554 on: December 21, 2018, 10:48:06 AM »

Heh.

Recall....

And then you prove my point…

Like I said, YOU give him credit for not instantly trashing the country.  The smart ones here, with or without college degrees, knew his malign influence on our Democracy would be far more insidious.  But also knew it would, eventually, reach a point where anyone still willing to defend this guy is either a complete and total idiot, or a traitor to the US and its values.

So which is it for you, kiidcarter8?

Defend what, in particular?

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #7555 on: December 21, 2018, 10:50:03 AM »

As expected.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ethics-complaints-against-kavanaugh-dismissed-11545179488?mod=cx_picks&cx_navSource=cx_picks&cx_tag=undefined&cx_artPos=1#cxrecs_s

Yes.

Not because he was innocent of them, but because of lack of jurisdiction.

Picky, picky, picky.
LOL
The wisdom of Josh, the 4th grader.

The reading ability of somebody a ton smarter than you choose to present yourself as being:

A panel of judges said the complaints were filed under a federal law that doesn’t apply to Supreme Court justices

From another (non-paywall) article:
The judges concluded that while the complaints "are serious," there is no existing authority that allows lower court judges to investigate or discipline Supreme Court justices.

They lacked jurisdiction over a SCOTUS Justice. What part of that are you failing to grasp, DimWard?

They didn't find him not guilty. They found themselves not bothering to investigate the serious allegations.
Serious!
I can make any charge I want but if I don’t have the jurisdiction to do so it is useless.
But I can always say my baseless charge was “ serious “.

It was the COURT that said the charge was serious. Not the accusers.

Duh.

DUH!
LOL

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #7556 on: December 21, 2018, 12:23:05 PM »

Trump tweets he no longer owns the shutdown. Democrats do.

That's weird.  Trump said he would be "proud" to own the shutdown.  So unlike him to lie.

barton

« Reply #7557 on: December 21, 2018, 01:01:16 PM »

Heh.

Recall....

Aren't we supposed to have N. Korea dismantling all its nukes and missile launch sites by now? 

No college degree required to understand facts that don't fit with Trump's vanity-driven self-image. 

The argument that you essentially make, "the fact that we have not had a global thermonuclear war shows that Trump is doing okay as President," is possibly the least persuasive one I've read here. 

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #7558 on: December 21, 2018, 01:14:42 PM »

Defend what, in particular?

No idea what you are trying to say here.  There has been no Trump-related critique that you have not argued against, while you applaud his every little move and have his kids penned in as future Presidents.  If there is any evidence at all that you are not 100% Trumpist, if that is what you are trying to argue, the onus is on you to present it.   

If you want something specific, let’s go with just the (latest) issue of the day:

My views on treating allies with respect and also being clear-eyed about both malign actors and strategic competitors are strongly held and informed by over four decades of immersion in these issues.  We must do everything possible to advance an international order that is most conducive to our security, prosperity, and values, and we are strengthened in this effort by the solidarity of our alliances. 

Because you have the right to have a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects, I believe it is right for me to step down from my position.

Kind of amazing that Mattis articulates what should be a straightforward and given view on international policy and then basically says that Trump does not share that view.

Well sure.  This is what happens when your "President" is in Putin's pocket and honestly could not give two shits about the importance of America maintaining its standing in the world order.  The only interests Trump is interested in advancing are his own.

Has nothing at all to do with Putin.

First, you have no idea if this has “nothing at all to do with Putin.”  If you don’t think it does, make the argument.  But note, Mattis’ resignation letter calls out Trump’s approach to Russia specifically.  So saying it has “nothing at all to do with Putin” is provably wrong.

Second, read the fucking letter.  Mattis comes as close as he possibly can to saying that we should view the degree to which Trump acts against our national interest with suspicion.  Then he had 50 copies of the letter distributed throughout the Pentagon.  It was a warning.  One that should be downright chilling to anyone with any interest at all in the future of this country and the values it represents.

Instead, best you could do is “Trump hasn’t started WW3 yet, so…honk, honk.”

We’re past the point of no return on your defense of Trump, kiidcarter8.  You are either a gullible moron or not a patriot.  Choose.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7559 on: December 21, 2018, 01:46:52 PM »

Kid is just making the point that Obama is 4 times the president Trump is. Obama went 4 times as long without starting WW III.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506 ... 4288