Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1595098 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #7605 on: December 22, 2018, 12:37:57 PM »

Unprecedented because chain immigration has never been the issue it is now.

Do you even know what "chain migration" is?

---Put simply, "chain migration" is a term used to describe the ability of U.S. citizens and green card holders to bring their extended family into the country.

A majority of the roughly one million foreigners who are allowed to enter the U.S. to become permanent residents each year are approved because they're related to Americans.

A U.S. citizen from New York City, for example, can sponsor her husband in Nepal for a green card. A green card holder from San Francisco can sponsor his daughter in Senegal. An American in Illinois can sponsor her niece in Israel.---

Melania can sponsor her parents...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7606 on: December 22, 2018, 01:34:25 PM »

It shouldn't be one cent and the Democrats need to keep reminding people of that.

You're an idiot

Blatant failure to see a problem.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #7607 on: December 22, 2018, 02:10:46 PM »

The problem was Trump's promise to have Mexico pay for the wall. You're too stupid to know you've been lied to.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7608 on: December 22, 2018, 02:19:49 PM »

It shouldn't be one cent and the Democrats need to keep reminding people of that.

You're an idiot

Blatant failure to see a problem.
No, seeing the issue in perspective. And not being fooled by a demagogue proposing 14th century technology for 21st century issues.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7609 on: December 22, 2018, 02:46:11 PM »

Trump tweets he no longer owns the shutdown. Democrats do.

He was a liar when he said he would own it.

Nobody believed him. Except maybe you and Bambi.

Doesn't matter to me who is blamed.  If you know the process and the stance of each side you can chose to lay blame if you wish.  I won't quibble.

But when the man says 5 nil and you stand firm at 1.6 and he doesn't bend, you maybe shouldn't be so surprised or alarmed.

The alarm is at his uncaring attitudes.

But given that he has bent every other time he has pretended to take a stand, I see no reason not to be surprised on the rare occasion when he shows (misplaced) spine.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7610 on: December 22, 2018, 02:48:23 PM »

https://www.timesofisrael.com/belgian-soccer-fans-sing-chant-about-burning-jews/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Bambi, you asked what the Jewish people of Europe had done to cause the violence against them.

I told you then and tell you now, it is by their existence.

You then turned the discussion to the Muslims.

It's not about the Muslims. It is about the right wing, white supremacist, antisemites.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7611 on: December 22, 2018, 02:51:58 PM »

Here are some thoughts on how to save Puerto Rico....

Puerto Rico needs to create some Puerto Rican billionaires to create jobs in Puerto Rico, and to do the things that Puerto Rico wants done. 

The people of Puerto Rico can have contests, etc, to choose the best people to own new factories in Puerto Rico, and to be Puerto Rican billionaires, and then they can be given business loans, etc.

Governments can only do so much, and many things need to be done by business-people.

In Anaheim Walt Disney created Disneyland, and now tourism creates over one hundred and sixty thousand jobs in Orange County. Wealthy people with vision need to be able to do their part for the community. Puerto Rico needs for some people with vision like Walt Disney to rise to the top and to do projects in Puerto Rico.

Private sector jobs will help Puerto Rico, and they need to find and support the people to help to create new jobs in Puerto Rico. I am sure out of all of the people of Puerto Rico they have some people who will be good business leaders, and they need to put some smart business people into power as contributors to their society, they need to set them up to help to employ their people. 

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #7612 on: December 22, 2018, 03:40:50 PM »

Obviously the vast majority of Americans don't want Trump's wall...and instead want 'open borders' 'sanctuary cities', immigrants both legal and illegal from anywhere and everywhere pouring in, including from 'terrorism-central' countries...walking right in, no thorough background checks etc.

Oh well, Trump tried his best to show them the way to secure borders/border integrity, an orderly immigration system, non-overwhelmed hospitals, schools and districts etc...but they rejected him/his ideas and policies.

If I were him I wouldn't bother with it all anymore...and would just go play golf, watch movies, and relax at resorts for the rest of my term...and leave them to it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 04:23:52 PM by bambu-wisdom »

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #7613 on: December 22, 2018, 04:03:27 PM »

https://www.timesofisrael.com/belgian-soccer-fans-sing-chant-about-burning-jews/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Bambi, you asked what the Jewish people of Europe had done to cause the violence against them.

It's not about the Muslims. It is about the right wing, white supremacist, antisemites.

"Have done, if anything" I wrote.

It's about lots of things;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Jews#Western_and_Christian_antisemitism

https://www.quora.com/Why-have-Jews-been-persecuted-throughout-history

« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 04:12:02 PM by bambu-wisdom »

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #7614 on: December 22, 2018, 04:22:50 PM »

Now it's persecution of White males...which is being cheered on by more than a few people;

https://www.news.com.au/news/white-men-can-go-jump/news-story/98b5ec7fc83f0b845a1623d274ed58ec

Discrimination against white males will soon be encouraged

DISCRIMINATION against dominant white males will soon be encouraged in a bid to boost the status of women, the disabled and cultural and religious minorities.

The first raft of changes to the Equal Opportunity Act were introduced into Parliament last week.

#####

Recently on my tv a panel of women was bemoaning that "chivalry is dead".

LOL

barton

« Reply #7615 on: December 22, 2018, 04:31:42 PM »

Just want to wish Ruth BG a speedy recovery and a healthful future life of CoQ-10, Omega-three fatty acids,  vitamin K2, rich antioxidant shakes,  and the special transfusions at the Swiss longevity clinic are on me.   

"14th century technology for 21st century issues...."

Pithy.   I may want to borrow that phrase.   And where's that moat full of alligators* that Edward III promised us?   

* crocodiles - the new world was undiscovered at that timep

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7616 on: December 22, 2018, 05:07:12 PM »

Everyone wants to be tough these days, instead of wanting to be smart, but it is not enough to just be tough.

The Greek motto is "Strong mind, strong body, strong spirit."

If you have just a bunch of tough meatheads in the world, with no intelligence, you end up with lame stuff like the cartels in Mexico, and the FARC and ELN in Colombia, and you end up with stuff like what happened with the nazis in Germany. You need to be guided by intelligence, and with a good moral compass, and with compassion.

Salute,

Tony V.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7617 on: December 22, 2018, 05:45:09 PM »

Obviously the vast majority of Americans don't want Trump's wall...and instead want 'open borders' 'sanctuary cities', immigrants both legal and illegal from anywhere and everywhere pouring in, including from 'terrorism-central' countries...walking right in, no thorough background checks etc.
Only an addle-pated, weak brained drooling idiot of a fool would think that rejecting a proposed policy solution equates with a complete rejection of the underlying issue. For instance, I can support the idea that we should have immigration control without thinking we need the most extreme and impractical "solution" to the issue.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7618 on: December 22, 2018, 05:58:36 PM »

Now it's persecution...

Because so many stadia have fans chanting about killing men.

Because so many cemetaries have anti-men symbols being scrawled on them.

Because such a high percentage of murderers of men are their female secual partners.

Because men get paid less than women for equivalent work.

Because so few men hold top executive positions in major corporations.

Because men are not the overwhelming majority of road rage instigators and pedophiles and mass murderers.

Cry me a river, Bambi.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7619 on: December 22, 2018, 06:04:22 PM »

"Have done, if anything" I wrote.

It's about lots of things;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Jews#Western_and_Christian_antisemitism

https://www.quora.com/Why-have-Jews-been-persecuted-throughout-history

"It's about lots of things," you wrote, as if you did not bother reading the links you provided.

Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 4288