Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1608903 times)

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #8131 on: January 08, 2019, 12:33:13 AM »

Theoretical notion.

Exactly.

You don't wait for it to happen.

The shoe bomber was theoretical.

Try to follow the discussion, kiidcarter8.  You are free to discuss the theoretical merits of the wall.  But it is FACT that the Trump Administration has not used the "theoretical" to justify spending tens of billions of dollars on building a wall.  They have used lies.

Disagree

It is EXACTLY the "What if?" that worries Trump.  And just his mantra to minimize drug availability is admirable, before even mentioning illegals killing US citizens and MS13 terrorizing townships.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8132 on: January 08, 2019, 12:36:33 AM »

Its about the drugs as well.  And the criminal element that you would conveniently not lump in with names on terrorist lists.

When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best...They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists.

Nope, we haven't forgotten Trump's true reasons for advocating for a wall.  Nor yours for supporting him.

I have given no money to the Trump campaign.  Nor have I lobbied anyone to vote for him.  My vote was my only support.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8133 on: January 08, 2019, 12:36:50 AM »

Go ahead - someone say it

Say, "we are not at ALL vulnerable at our southern border"

We are not our MOST vulnerable at our southern border and our anti-terrorism forces do not view it as a threat.

What the fuck is your problem with simply admitting that Trump and Sanders are trying to blow it out of proportion to defend the Wall concept?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8134 on: January 08, 2019, 12:37:48 AM »

Its about the drugs as well.  And the criminal element that you would conveniently not lump in with names on terrorist lists.

When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best...They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists.

Nope, we haven't forgotten Trump's true reasons for advocating for a wall.  Nor yours for supporting him.

I have given no money to the Trump campaign.  Nor have I lobbied anyone to vote for him.  My vote was my only support.

No, you lying P.o.S., your support continues in these fatuous posts you make.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8135 on: January 08, 2019, 12:39:37 AM »

Theoretical notion.

Exactly.

No, neither the shoe bomber nor the underwear bomber were theoretical.

Let me help: Theoretical is when nobody has done it. Reality is when they have done it.

What did we do in response to the shoe bomber? We instituted shoe removal.

What have we done in response to repeated school and other mass-shootings?

Thoughts and prayers.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8136 on: January 08, 2019, 12:41:18 AM »

You need to stop.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8137 on: January 08, 2019, 12:48:59 AM »

The wall will not even slow down drugs.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8138 on: January 08, 2019, 12:49:45 AM »

Theoretical notion.

Exactly.

No, neither the shoe bomber nor the underwear bomber were theoretical.

Let me help: Theoretical is when nobody has done it. Reality is when they have done it.

What did we do in response to the shoe bomber? We instituted shoe removal.

What have we done in response to repeated school and other mass-shootings?

Thoughts and prayers.

Yes

Shoe bomber was theoretical.

People died

Then we acted

There is so much ISIS already residing in the US.  That number growing is not what this president is about

But again- the wall is not just .about terrorists.  Not evenPRIMARILY about them.

And border security/assembling, caretaking asylum seekers is not just about having more miles of wall.  The wall is seen as greatly helping what we are setting out to accomplish

I think those against Trump's views on the matter are now charged with explaining why this picture doesn't suit them.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8139 on: January 08, 2019, 12:51:06 AM »

Not on its own

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8140 on: January 08, 2019, 12:54:51 AM »

You need to stop.

Stop what?

Calling you out for your lies and distortions?

Paying attention to the FACTS?

"She just got the year wrong."

That was bullshit, Kiiid, and you knew it when you wrote it. You want me to stop pointing out your crap?

Sure - you stop crapping all over the forum and I will stop calling you out on it and saying you are lying or a lying P.o.S.

Deal?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8141 on: January 08, 2019, 12:57:41 AM »

Not on its own

Kiiid, that's not where the vast bulk of drugs come from.

It won't slow them down. It might require the drug providers to ship more in other ways, but more likely just dig deeper tunnels.

And the methods to stop the other paths are not even under discussion from Mr. Trump. Just the non-existent terror threat from the South, while he ignores the white supremacist terror threat (kind of like you do).

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #8142 on: January 08, 2019, 01:44:17 AM »

---while he ignores the white supremacist terror threat (kind of like you do).---

The ugly two wrongs make a right argument. Right wing natives blow things up so why not illegal aliens following their primitive dreams and beliefs? You don't like funny talking minorities?
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8143 on: January 08, 2019, 02:00:28 AM »

---while he ignores the white supremacist terror threat (kind of like you do).---

The ugly two wrongs make a right argument. Right wing natives blow things up so why not illegal aliens following their primitive dreams and beliefs? You don't like funny talking minorities?

Because the second group does not include those coming across the southern border, Luee.

Remember?

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #8144 on: January 08, 2019, 04:09:10 AM »

I cannot see a good reason for not putting up a fence-wall. Good for the economy and workers. Does prevent illegal migration and FDR is remembered for public building.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 4288