Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 548 549 [550] 551 552 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584661 times)

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #8235 on: January 09, 2019, 10:36:35 PM »

A hostile foreign power interfered with the US election in an intelligence operation that helped to successfully install their preferred candidate.
In reality the " hostile foreign power" is more likely the democrat party machine.

Lie, deny, and obfuscate.

That is the truth   
And no democrat can prove otherwise
Of course it is the truth. Why would we want to prove you DON'T lie, deny and obfuscate when even you admit it is true you do it?
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8236 on: January 09, 2019, 10:38:19 PM »

A hostile foreign power interfered with the US election in an intelligence operation that helped to successfully install their preferred candidate.
In reality the " hostile foreign power" is more likely the democrat party machine.

That is the truth   

That the democrat party machine colluded?

Yes, it is true - no democrat party machine can prove the negative.

Fortunately, the Trump folks seem pretty good at providing Mueller with the evidence that they colluded with the Russians - the hostile foreign power.

And... for all your brave talk about proof, you have zip, zero, nada, none of it about your bogus allegation.

Like I said, all you do is lie, deny, and obfuscate.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8238 on: January 10, 2019, 12:30:33 AM »

https://twitter.com/themouthmatusow/status/1082920657078210560

Over the last several years, I’ve met with dozens of families whose loved ones were stolen by fiirearms. I’ve held the hands of the weeping mothers and embraced the grief-stricken fathers. So sad. So terrible. I will never forget the pain in their eyes, the tremble in their voices, and the sadness gripping their souls.

How much more American blood must we shed before Congress does its job?

To those who refuse to compromise in the name of gun safety, I would ask: Imagine if it was your child, your husband, or your wife whose life was so cruelly shattered and totally broken?

To every member of Congress: Pass a bill that ends this crisis.

To every citizen: Call Congress and tell them to finally, after all of these decades, secure our firearms.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #8239 on: January 10, 2019, 04:08:42 AM »

Notice Mitch McConnell was invisible after the GOP Senate meeting?
It’s been rumored that Mitch has signed himself into the witness protection program. You’ll be able to see him from time to time if he can catch a flight into Washington from Wyoming.

barton

« Reply #8240 on: January 10, 2019, 10:35:37 AM »

That is the truth   
Of course it is the truth. Why would we want to prove you DON'T lie, deny and obfuscate when even you admit it is true you do it?

Heh.

Meanwhile, while we are distracted by various dumpster fires and prison yard face-offs, the administration continues to erode the laws that protect citizens...

The Trump administration is considering a far-reaching rollback of civil rights law that would dilute federal rules against discrimination in education, housing and other aspects of American life, people familiar with the discussions said.

A recent internal Justice Department memo directed senior civil rights officials to examine how decades-old “disparate impact” regulations might be changed or removed in their areas of expertise, and what the impact might be, according to people familiar with the matter. Similar action is being considered at the Education Department and is underway at the Department of Housing and Urban Development....   

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/trump-administration-considers-rollback-of-anti-discrimination-rules/2019/01/02/f96347ea-046d-11e9-b5df-5d3874f1ac36_story.html?utm_term=.57046f7e482e

barton

« Reply #8241 on: January 10, 2019, 10:41:15 AM »

https://twitter.com/themouthmatusow/status/1082920657078210560

I feel it's important to alert you that a semi-literate halfwit has been posting here,  under a slightly altered version of your screen name. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8242 on: January 10, 2019, 11:15:30 AM »

Notice Mitch McConnell was invisible after the GOP Senate meeting?

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/01/trump-aides-fear-the-wall-will-be-his-alamo

“The ship be sinking!”

Achtung, y’all.

Really?  Were they looking for him?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #8243 on: January 10, 2019, 12:24:42 PM »

Its about the drugs as well.  And the criminal element that you would conveniently not lump in with names on terrorist lists.
The wall will not even slow down drugs.
On the contrary;
H.W. and Bill Clinton saw to it that a fence AND a wall were built along the California/Mexico Border and since then illegal trafficking is down over 90 per cent.The same result followed Clinton's wall in El Paso.  A wall sector outside Tuscon and another in Yuma reduced drug trafficking by 95%.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8244 on: January 10, 2019, 12:38:28 PM »

Its about the drugs as well.  And the criminal element that you would conveniently not lump in with names on terrorist lists.
On the contrary;
H.W. and Bill Clinton saw to it that a fence AND a wall were built along the California/Mexico Border and since then illegal trafficking is down over 90 per cent.The same result followed Clinton's wall in El Paso.  A wall sector outside Tuscon and another in Yuma reduced drug trafficking by 95%.
Yuma ain't Organ Pipe. Barriers in urban areas make sense - though note drugs now move through tunnels in places like Nogales. But a wall across the Sonoran desert makes no practical sense and will have no effect on drugs because that is not how drugs enter the country.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #8245 on: January 10, 2019, 01:11:17 PM »

On the contrary;
Yuma ain't Organ Pipe. Barriers in urban areas make sense - though note drugs now move through tunnels in places like Nogales. But a wall across the Sonoran desert makes no practical sense and will have no effect on drugs because that is not how drugs enter the country.
LOL

barton

« Reply #8246 on: January 10, 2019, 01:32:25 PM »

On the contrary;

So (assuming the drop in drug traffic is a result of those fences and not other concurrent measures taken*) you're saying that the fencing already in place is doing its job and therefore why should we build more fencing.  I completely agree!

* you offered no context for your figures

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #8247 on: January 10, 2019, 01:32:37 PM »

On the contrary;

And those local reductions in trafficking led to an overall decrease in the supply of drugs to the US?  Or were alternate routes found after obvious holes were plugged early in the war on drugs?
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

barton

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #8249 on: January 10, 2019, 01:36:28 PM »

Classic Trump statement:

When during the campaign, I would say 'Mexico is going to pay for it,' obviously, I never said this.

Obviously I never said something that I admit that I said earlier in this very same sentence.

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020
Pages: 1 ... 548 549 [550] 551 552 ... 4288