- 0 (0%)
No
- 5 (100%)
I don't know what that word means and cannot be bothered to look it up
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closes: March 29, 2019, 11:59:24 PM

Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 779

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 81141 times)

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #8310 on: January 12, 2019, 01:59:11 PM »

The Russian bomb in the Oval Office is doing a superstorm worth of damage a week with his shutdown. We will have to eject him to fully reopen government.

Is the shutdown just the latest overt act of sabotage by this Russian agent?

Barton

• View Profile
« Reply #8311 on: January 12, 2019, 06:48:00 PM »

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. "

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #8312 on: January 12, 2019, 07:32:20 PM »

MAKING AMERICA WHITE AGAIN

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/01/10/donald-trump-border-wall-birtherism-racial-resentment-column/2526917002/

More like securing the borders and stopping people just walking in and setting up 'shop' because they feel like it, feel they're entitled.

If I were rich...I'd like to have a 'holiday home' in a penthouse overlooking Central Park.
US Govt would probably deny me permanent residency.
I couldn't just rock up in a row boat, step ashore and set myself up in said penthouse....so why should other people be allowed to do it uninvited?

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #8313 on: January 12, 2019, 07:40:10 PM »

"Australia was too slow with the paperwork" for case of Saudi teen who was seeking asylum...so she was accepted by Canada.

"Once bitten [well actually many times bitten], twice shy".
Australia was obviously taking a long and thorough look at the situation before doing anything...sent the Foreign Minister to Thailand to investigate.
Wouldn't want to open any floodgates.

"Not everyone online is who they say they are" - Aussie state cop top cop.
Yes, and as Australia has found out over time...not every asylum-seeker is who they say they are.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #8314 on: January 12, 2019, 07:52:52 PM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/01/10/donald-trump-border-wall-birtherism-racial-resentment-column/2526917002/

More like securing the borders and stopping people just walking in and setting up 'shop' because they feel like it, feel they're entitled.

If I were rich...I'd like to have a 'holiday home' in a penthouse overlooking Central Park.
I couldn't just rock up in a row boat, step ashore and set myself up in said penthouse....so why should other people be allowed to do it uninvited?
Do you think this is how it's happening? People just "waltzing " in as you've claimed?
Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #8315 on: January 12, 2019, 08:19:49 PM »

Do you think this is how it's happening? People just "waltzing " in as you've claimed?

Yes, I saw it on tv.

Illegal immigrants from one end of America to the other...just climbing/walking over the Mexican border at will.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/illegal-immigrants-us-jobs-economy-farm-workers-taxes/

A snapshot of who they are

Pew Research Center estimates that about 11.3 million people are currently living in the U.S. without authorization, down from a peak of 12.2 million in 2007. More than half come from Mexico, and about 15 percent come from other parts Latin America.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/11/us/undocumented-immigrant-workers.html

8 Million People Are Working Illegally in the U.S. Hereís Why Thatís Unlikely to Change.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #8316 on: January 12, 2019, 08:30:23 PM »

Yes. I saw it on TV.
Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8317 on: January 12, 2019, 09:13:13 PM »

Fogerty.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8318 on: January 12, 2019, 11:13:05 PM »

Yes, I saw it on tv.

Illegal immigrants from one end of America to the other...just climbing/walking over the Mexican border at will.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/illegal-immigrants-us-jobs-economy-farm-workers-taxes/

A snapshot of who they are

Pew Research Center estimates that about 11.3 million people are currently living in the U.S. without authorization, down from a peak of 12.2 million in 2007. More than half come from Mexico, and about 15 percent come from other parts Latin America.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/11/us/undocumented-immigrant-workers.html

8 Million People Are Working Illegally in the U.S. Hereís Why Thatís Unlikely to Change.
Just walking in through the Tohono O'odham res and the Sonoran desert. People die on that trip all the time.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8319 on: January 13, 2019, 01:43:25 AM »

Sorry Bambu. With Red and Kid we have already met our dangerous idiot quota as a nation. There is simply no room for you unless you can arrange some kind of swap.

Stan4377

• View Profile
« Reply #8320 on: January 13, 2019, 09:42:51 AM »

Thought I'd stop by and see what was happening in here. I think I can sum it up.

Us (us, us, us, us) and them (them, them, them, them)
And after all we're only ordinary men ..

And

Same as it ever was ...

Continue to have at it, but it is an illusion. An exercise in futility.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #8321 on: January 13, 2019, 09:45:06 AM »

Thanks, Stan!!!!

Barton

• View Profile
« Reply #8322 on: January 13, 2019, 10:20:36 AM »

The best way to establish social status is to drive by and deliver a lofty and wisely philosophic blanket dismissal!   Everyone in the room is instantly gobsmacked.   "Who was that mystic master of discourse? " they ask each other.   "Who was that sage with his eye on the ever-shifting needle of man's absurdity?" 

Was it the Dos Equis Man?  Or perhaps an eminent alien anthropologist. 

15 quatloos on the human!
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. "

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #8323 on: January 13, 2019, 11:52:02 AM »

I vaguely remember a "stan" in the NYT forum.

vaguely

I'm thinking not many kids today, outside of Poland, are named Stan.

Oilyboyd

• View Profile
« Reply #8324 on: January 13, 2019, 01:14:30 PM »

Are you Afghani, Stan?   Just remember:  cynicism is just idealism for lazy people.   Meanwhile,  the non-lazy people try and figure out how to remedy the problems and glitches of civilization.  And how to contribute. It's more work than just calling it all futile,  but there are great rewards.   Read Stephen Pinker on what ordinary life was like in earlier centuries - it puts things in perspective. 

Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 779