Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 577 578 [579] 580 581 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584055 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #8670 on: January 19, 2019, 12:39:14 PM »

Somewhere editors are toying with headlines like "Mueller issues buzzkill to Buzzfeed buzz...  "
All news out of DC now carries the automatic tag of *IT

* If True

You mean like every single post you make?

Except yours get *ITUETTIT

*In the unlikely event that this is true.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8671 on: January 19, 2019, 12:39:25 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8672 on: January 19, 2019, 12:46:52 PM »

Somewhere editors are toying with headlines like "Mueller issues buzzkill to Buzzfeed buzz...  "
All news out of DC now carries the automatic tag of *IT

* If True

MEDIA, as horribly misguided and biased as they often are, do not deserve what BuzzFuck - and one writer in particular -  has done to its collective rep.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8673 on: January 19, 2019, 01:00:40 PM »

Then again......

https://twitter.com/KellyannePolls/status/1086643599935266816

Your job is to get the story,
not get the President.

If you dove into #buzzfeed headfirst yesterday, you own it, too. “If true” was a faint murmur

“Impeach” was said 200x on CNN & MSNBC

The 3 networks devoted 27 minutes  to it

Maybe just apologize?

4,495 replies 6,674 retweets 21,259 likes
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 01:02:23 PM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8674 on: January 19, 2019, 01:01:02 PM »

Buzzfeed is a clod of debris. Fox is the bomb crater. Clearchannel and Sinclair are the aftershocks.

When you parade propaganda for truth, you also open the barn door.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8675 on: January 19, 2019, 01:03:53 PM »

You’ll soon look back and wish for days when calls to impeach Individual 1 were only in the hundreds.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8676 on: January 19, 2019, 01:24:32 PM »

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5c432e80e4b027c3bbc22a68

#Trumpshutdown is giving congressional investigators lots of time to get their ducks in a row in preparation for the countless witnesses for the one long long hearing that will be the rest of trump’s term.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8677 on: January 19, 2019, 02:30:26 PM »

The Hostage-Taker-in-Chief has a new offer to make:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/19/politics/house-democrats-border-security-funding-trump/index.html

"If you yield to my US Government hostage-taking, I will throw in these Dreamer hostages and these refugee hostages I am threatening!"

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8678 on: January 19, 2019, 02:37:42 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/18/politics/eminent-domain-texas-doj-shutdown/index.html

The feds are paying litigators in land grab cases in Texas - not 2018-19 cases, but 2008 cases for an 18 foot fence. Oddly enough, the land owner doesn't want this fence on her land!

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8679 on: January 19, 2019, 04:31:44 PM »

Under 2 billion for wall, additional personnel and facilities money at another 2 billion, no fucking with asylum laws, for 5 years of DACA and TPP protections, wrapped up by Jan 26.

At least there is an offer on the table, unless some of the Russian agents pretending to be republicans move the goal posts.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8680 on: January 19, 2019, 05:42:18 PM »

Under 2 billion for wall, additional personnel and facilities money at another 2 billion, no fucking with asylum laws, for 5 years of DACA and TPP protections, wrapped up by Jan 26.

At least there is an offer on the table, unless some of the Russian agents pretending to be republicans move the goal posts.

And assuming the Hostage-taker-in-Chief doesn't just flat change his mind again, as he did the last time he agreed to almost this exact deal, last year!

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #8681 on: January 19, 2019, 06:05:32 PM »

And assuming the Hostage-taker-in-Chief doesn't just flat change his mind again, as he did the last time he agreed to almost this exact deal, last year!
*IT

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #8682 on: January 19, 2019, 10:18:55 PM »

Jan 26...Australia Day.

Australia Day is the official national day of Australia. Celebrated annually on 26 January, it marks the anniversary of the 1788 arrival of the First Fleet of British ships at Port Jackson, New South Wales, and the raising of the Flag of Great Britain at Sydney Cove by Governor Arthur Phillip. Wikipedia

#####

They first arrived in Botany Bay ...and when they sailed into Botany Bay likely said: "O my god this is a dump, we can't stay here...we can't start a colony here, we'll have to find somewhere else" and sailed north...hitting the jackpot after 5 miles...Sydney Harbour.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #8683 on: January 19, 2019, 10:50:50 PM »

The Australian national anthem, one of the great anthems

last stanza for brevity

Tie me kangaroo down, sport,
Tie me kangaroo down.
Tie me kangaroo down.

Tan me hide when I'm dead, Fred,
Tan me hide when I'm dead.
So we tanned his hide when he died, Clyde,

And that's it hanging on the shed.

All together now!
Tie me kangaroo down.
Tie me kangaroo down.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8684 on: January 19, 2019, 11:35:12 PM »

*IT

Which part, bullshit artist?

The part where he changed his mind last year was well documented and very public.

The offer on the table was just made publicly by the Hostage-Taker-in-Chief.
Pages: 1 ... 577 578 [579] 580 581 ... 4288