Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 579 580 [581] 582 583 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583489 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #8700 on: January 20, 2019, 02:59:33 PM »

Under 2 billion for wall, additional personnel and facilities money at another 2 billion, no fucking with asylum laws, for 5 years of DACA and TPP protections, wrapped up by Jan 26.

At least there is an offer on the table, unless some of the Russian agents pretending to be republicans move the goal posts.

And assuming the Hostage-taker-in-Chief doesn't just flat change his mind again, as he did the last time he agreed to almost this exact deal, last year!
*IT

Which part, bullshit artist?

The part where he changed his mind last year was well documented and very public.

The offer on the table was just made publicly by the Hostage-Taker-in-Chief.

Media leads Josh by nose....

The usual non-specific attack pretending to be meaningful critique.

It must be hard for you, learning everything without using any media, Kiiid.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8701 on: January 20, 2019, 03:00:40 PM »

You will be nowhere til you stop with the name calling.  Respect the Presidency.

I'll start when Trump starts.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8702 on: January 20, 2019, 03:33:49 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/01/20/sotu-cohen-obstruction.cnn

In which Rudi Giuliani explains that Trump's threats to Michael Cohen's father prior to Cohen's testimony doesn't qualify as obstruction of justice.

How about witness tampering, Rudi?!

barton

« Reply #8703 on: January 20, 2019, 04:31:21 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jan/20/government-shutdown-trump-tax-cuts-trumponomics

Straightforward factual piece on why Trumponomics doesn't work.  By former secretary of labor.   
Wait a minute. Barton opined earlier that economic growth was akin to a “ cancerous growth”. So if it slows down why would that be bad?
As to Reich’s assessment if the economy he has it all wrong.

Not what I "opined. "  I compared growth for its own sake, without regulations, to the philosophy of a cancer cell.   And,  obviously, it was in context of a different topic.   Your false attribution is the definition of trolling.   

Reich points out the inconsistency between Trump's growth ideology and his policies.   Your argument is "he's wrong, " i. e. an assertion unaccompanied by an argument. 

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8704 on: January 20, 2019, 05:02:27 PM »

In which Rudi Giuliani explains that Trump's threats to Michael Cohen's father prior to Cohen's testimony doesn't qualify as obstruction of justice.

Heh.

No.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #8705 on: January 20, 2019, 05:35:28 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jan/20/government-shutdown-trump-tax-cuts-trumponomics

Straightforward factual piece on why Trumponomics doesn't work.  By former secretary of labor.   
Wait a minute. Barton opined earlier that economic growth was akin to a “ cancerous growth”. So if it slows down why would that be bad?

Not what I "opined. "  I compared growth for its own sake, without regulations, to the philosophy of a cancer cell.   
No you didn’t.

Growth is the philosophy of a cancer cell.   I have not heard a compelling argument for growth,  when economic growth is generally accompanied by greater deterioration of the environment.  Capitalism is an amoral system.

It is not surprising you would now disown such idiocy
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 05:52:04 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8706 on: January 20, 2019, 05:37:33 PM »

Heh.

No.

So, you think it's more mundane obstruction of justice, but without any reason.

Okay.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8707 on: January 20, 2019, 05:39:28 PM »

Not what I "opined. "  I compared growth for its own sake, without regulations, to the philosophy of a cancer cell.   
No you didn’t.

Growth is the philosophy of a cancer cell.   I have not heard a compelling argument for growth,  when economic growth is generally accompanied by greater deterioration of the environment.  Capitalism is an immoral system.

It's not surprising that you would simultaneously accurately quote Barton and totally fail to understand what he wrote and that they align.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #8708 on: January 20, 2019, 05:55:28 PM »

No you didn’t.

Growth is the philosophy of a cancer cell.   I have not heard a compelling argument for growth,  when economic growth is generally accompanied by greater deterioration of the environment.  Capitalism is an immoral system.

It's not surprising that you would simultaneously accurately quote Barton and totally fail to understand what he wrote and that they align.
I understood perfectly what he wrote. That’s why I reprinted it.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8709 on: January 20, 2019, 06:10:25 PM »

No you didn’t.

I understood perfectly what he wrote. That’s why I reprinted it.

Ah, you're just lying then?

That makes sense.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8710 on: January 20, 2019, 06:29:19 PM »

Red is no cancer. Recognize the man for what he is. Syphilis.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #8711 on: January 20, 2019, 08:28:19 PM »

No you didn’t.

Growth is the philosophy of a cancer cell.   I have not heard a compelling argument for growth,  when economic growth is generally accompanied by greater deterioration of the environment.  Capitalism is an amoral system.

Didn't disown it.  The statements are consistent when growth is considered in terms of a planet where more people want more stuff and a level of consumption that is driven by an American Dream model of consumerism.  Limiting certain kinds of growth is this planet's only hope.   When we as a species expand out onto the galaxy,  then a different model will be needed.   You need to learn to understand what people say in context and not just strain to score troll points.   

barton

« Reply #8712 on: January 20, 2019, 08:31:50 PM »

And still no counter argument or evidence to refute Reich's analysis.   You just possess a secret truth box and stop by to tell us what it has ruled today.  Bo.  Ring.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #8713 on: January 20, 2019, 09:08:10 PM »

And still no counter argument or evidence to refute Reich's analysis.   You just possess a secret truth box and stop by to tell us what it has ruled today.  Bo.  Ring.
LOL Reich simply ignores the real economic numbers.
You can’t even own up to your original post.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8714 on: January 20, 2019, 09:17:18 PM »

LOL Reich simply ignores the real economic numbers.
You can’t even own up to your original post.

Pretty funny hearing you complain that somebody won't admit a prior post, given that you do that all the time. But in this case, you are simply lying (or wrong when you said you understood his original post).

And somehow, I trust Reich's ability to read economic numbers better than your claims.

Not to mention that Reich is hardly along - a ton of economists feel as he does.
Pages: 1 ... 579 580 [581] 582 583 ... 4288