Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 583 584 [585] 586 587 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583777 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #8760 on: January 22, 2019, 07:13:49 PM »

Some good news out of a South Carolina committee:

https://www.thestate.com/news/politics-government/article224556525.html?fbclid=IwAR20Y0uZHqwDXVYP8BTWRVPb-gwKB8hACKoqwKPfSDrJjeqEhy_cMb8xCRY

The "pro-life" lobbyist tried to argue that women were unfit to be legislators and therefore their picture should not be hung.

His testimony got shut down after 3 minutes.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #8762 on: January 22, 2019, 09:16:52 PM »

I bet #conservmillen provides wise and insightful commentary on matters of great importance to Kid.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8763 on: January 22, 2019, 09:31:29 PM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #8764 on: January 22, 2019, 09:37:40 PM »

Profit incentives in prisons seems to lead towards a system akin to slavery.
Sure. Just like economic growth is akin to cancer.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8765 on: January 22, 2019, 09:47:19 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8766 on: January 22, 2019, 09:57:07 PM »

Very good child. You are learning.

Here’s one more for you;

Reganomics is voodoo economics. Top marginal income tax rates are less than half of what they should be in a healthy economy.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8767 on: January 23, 2019, 12:05:44 AM »

Unbridled growth.

And yes, exactly.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8768 on: January 23, 2019, 12:09:01 AM »

.....and not so bad lookin

https://twitter.com/conservmillen/status/1066164884528918528

Ah, the "compassion" of conservatives.

Got any more children to tear away from their families, while refusing to keep track of them?

Got any more poor folks you can deny food stamps to?

Any more Trans folks you can kick out of the military?

Any more folks you can poison with your mercury and your coal sludge?

Any more people you can have kicked out of jobs or housing?

SUCH compassion I have never seen.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8770 on: January 23, 2019, 01:43:16 AM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #8771 on: January 23, 2019, 02:43:14 AM »

There can't be continual growth .one day countries will have to stop massive immigration, stop construction of new towers for housing, put up the 'House full' sign...and live a normal life.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #8772 on: January 23, 2019, 02:53:33 AM »

As for that struggle, nearly everything you espouse works directly against it. You embody man’s inhumanity to man and especially to woman. I’m glad you are half way around the world trapped in your burning shithole.

It was burning Serena off the court today.
She led 5-1 in the 3rd set...only one more game to win the match...but I could see she was never going to get there...so hot was the sun and so high the humidity.
The middle of summer in Australia...no time to be playing tennis in the middle of the day.
UV rays, sunburn, searing heat..."East Coast heatwave".
Spectators must be getting fried every day too.
I was puffing and panting just hanging out the washing at about 11am...that hot sun and humidity are 'murder'.
They should close the roof during in the day.

Point by point she was being sapped of energy, ..rolled her left ankle, could hardly walk at the end...let alone run.
She kept hitting the ball into the net, no strength left to even hit the ball over the net.

IMO, she'd be better off wearing a white cotton dress than the dark green lycra playsuit she's been wearing all tournament.
Wouldn't surprise me if she retired soon...she doesn't need to be putting herself thru that kind of torture.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 05:35:53 AM by bambu-wisdom »

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #8773 on: January 23, 2019, 03:13:51 AM »

As for that struggle, nearly everything you espouse works directly against it. You embody man’s inhumanity to man and especially to woman. I’m glad you are half way around the world trapped in your burning shithole.

Woman/women?
What like the lying women falsely accusing men of rape etc?
Like those lying women in colleges who falsely accuse men of raping etc them? [50% of accusers alleged by the cops to be lying...for revenge, to get an alibi, and seeking attention]?

The "All men are bastards" women?
The "toxic masculinity" women?

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/rendezview/war-on-masculinity-is-disarming-our-society-from-the-inside/news-story/bf8e34088964e2fd1ec471cdade39768

Included in the Gillette backlash was a flood of images on social media showing brave, competent men doing heroic things: firefighters carrying women and children safely out of a burning house, a soldier running into gunfire to rescue a small girl, the off-duty British SAS trooper in Nairobi last week who saved dozens of lives after storming the building single-handedly.

How’s that for toxic masculinity.

Grown men can defend themselves, but the real victims of the war on masculinity are little boys being raised in a soup of negative messages telling them their intrinsic nature is diseased. Their rowdiness, adventurousness and biological inability to behave like girls is deemed a pathology.

In primary school they are banned from playing rough and tumble games and then doped up with attention deficit drugs.

As they get older, their interest in the opposite sex is damned as “rape culture”.

Laying the groundwork for an escalation of hostilities, the American Psychological Association last week issued an extraordinary call to arms, declaring “traditional masculinity is psychologically harmful”.

In its “Guidelines for Psychological Practice With Boys and Men”, the APA claimed “traditional masculinity — marked by stoicism, competitiveness, dominance and aggression — is, on the whole, harmful”.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 03:16:10 AM by bambu-wisdom »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8774 on: January 23, 2019, 03:38:04 AM »

Maybe this explains the erratic behavior of Giuliani:

Some of Trump’s allies have suggested that Giuliani be barred from evening interviews because of concerns that he was going on TV after drinking, according to three Republicans close to the White House.

Giuliani has previously insisted he does not have an issue with drinking, denying to Politico last May that it affected his interviews. He added: “I may have a drink for dinner. I like to drink with cigars.”

This is good Rudy weirdness (and his penchant for immediately contradicting himself):
“I am afraid it will be on my gravestone. ‘Rudy Giuliani: He lied for Trump.’ Somehow, I don’t think that will be it,” Giuliani told The New Yorker. “But, if it is, so what do I care? I’ll be dead. I figure I can explain it to St. Peter.”
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 583 584 [585] 586 587 ... 4288