Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1597404 times)

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #9960 on: February 15, 2019, 03:09:18 PM »

For all my friends and family concerned that I am a mere 90 crow flight miles from the great consuming national emergency that is our southern border, don't worry, we are still safe! We are converting our lawn shed to a safe room just in case. Pray for us!
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9961 on: February 15, 2019, 03:29:24 PM »

14 miles from said emergency, the city would like me to turn my shed into a rental unit.

The little man’s spectacle was already damaging enough to be the platform on which his first GOP primary challenger steps up.

It will sure be funny watching dementia man dodging his own party’s debates as he loses further control of his best words.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9962 on: February 15, 2019, 03:45:38 PM »

14 miles from said emergency,
Thoughts and prayers!
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

barton

« Reply #9963 on: February 15, 2019, 04:02:31 PM »

Pfft.  I live 40 crow miles from the border of WYOMING. 

barton

« Reply #9964 on: February 15, 2019, 04:05:13 PM »

In Nebraska we used to have a joke:  if the panhandle ever secedes, and joins Wyoming, it will raise the average  IQ of both states.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #9965 on: February 15, 2019, 04:17:58 PM »

For all my friends and family concerned that I am a mere 90 crow flight miles from the great consuming national emergency that is our southern border, don't worry, we are still safe! We are converting our lawn shed to a safe room just in case. Pray for us!

Nothing says National Emergency like "I didn't need to do this.  But I'd rather do it much faster."

The guy is truly not very smart.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9966 on: February 15, 2019, 04:35:59 PM »

Nothing says National Emergency like "I didn't need to do this.  But I'd rather do it much faster."

The guy is truly not very smart.

The guy is truly a Russian agent.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9967 on: February 15, 2019, 05:12:50 PM »

This motherfucker is stark raving mad...

25th. Article IV.

Said MFer reportedly didn't know what the 25th was, when an aide first mentioned it to him.  That's incompetence right there.

25th amendment is not for perceived incompetence.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9968 on: February 15, 2019, 05:16:39 PM »

ACLU

Tony — 

President Trump declaring a phony national emergency demonstrates how willing he is to undermine the Constitution — and how eager he is to keep escalating his cruel, cynical and politically-motivated attack on immigrant families. We're not going to let him get away with it. 

We will be taking Trump to court and challenging this dangerous threat to our democracy. 

Donald Trump and his administration have made clear just how far they are willing to go — how many barriers of law, democratic norms, and human decency they are willing to barge through — just to build the wall at the center of their attack on immigrants. But we're going to keep fighting back: Since Trump came to office, we've filed 207 legal actions against his administration and we filed two other lawsuits in just the past 24 hours. 

Yesterday, we filed a lawsuit challenging Trump's new policy of forcing asylum seekers from Central America back into Mexico, stranding them in dangerous and difficult conditions indefinitely while their claims are processed. And next week, we'll be back in court, working to force the administration to account for potentially thousands of family separations they enforced and didn't bother to document. 

Declaring a bogus national emergency for political gains is a new low for the Trump administration. There is no crisis at the southern border other than the humanitarian crisis this administration has created by tear gassing families and children, locking up asylum seekers, tearing apart families, letting children die on their watch — the list of abuses goes on. That is the crisis. 

And as long as Trump continues to show blatant disregard for the rule of law, then we'll keep fighting back. 

We're fighting for the country we want to live in — and it's not one that wages fabricated, Constitution-defying national emergencies out of hate, fear and ignorance. 

Sincerely, 

Anthony D. Romero 
Executive Director, ACLU

-------------

I still support having a WOODSTOCK concert on our southern border, to show support for our neighbors to the south, and to help to raise money for lawyers, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9969 on: February 15, 2019, 05:38:26 PM »

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/02/william-barr-son-in-law-white-house

William Barr's son-in-law just got a job at the White House, advising the president on legal matters.

Yeah, no conflict of interest there at all!
Must be a slow at the Josh ranch.

Nothing from REDSTATEWARD about an imperial President subverting the Constitution?

Ah right. He’s got an (R) next to his name.
And at the Needs ranch.

Oh, look - the amoral hypocrite has spoken.

Hasn't said anything of substance, of course, but he spoke.

Nothing about mistreatment of thousands of children.

Nothing about the fake emergency.

Just personal attacks from the man who decries personal attacks.

SOSO.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9970 on: February 15, 2019, 05:39:04 PM »

Mitch's last-minute flip from democracy to dictatorship is remarkable.

But unsurprising.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #9971 on: February 15, 2019, 05:42:27 PM »

Hmmm, Dr Romero and ACLU.

ACLU = American Civil Liberties Union.

The American Civil Liberties Union is a non-profit organization whose stated mission is "to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to every person in this country by the Constitution and laws of the United States."

Questions I would ask Dr Romero, ACLU and any supporters of theirs, are:

1. "Do you think there should be any physical border at all between the US and Mexico, US and Canada?"

2. "Do you think anyone and everyone around the globe who wishes to seek asylum in the US should just be able to walk in, sail in, fly in over US borders and apply for said asylum once on US soil?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 05:50:33 PM by bambu-wisdom »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9972 on: February 15, 2019, 05:44:17 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/feb/15/the-beginning-of-great-change-greta-thunberg-hails-school-climate-strikes?CMP=fb_gu

Change may just be coming.

The governments of the world cannot hold up against a strike by the children.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9973 on: February 15, 2019, 05:45:39 PM »

Gov. Newsom Says California Will Sue Trump Admin Over National Emergency Declaration

POSTED 11:29 AM, FEBRUARY 15, 2019, BY LOS ANGELES TIMES, UPDATED AT 12:34PM, FEBRUARY 15, 2019

Gov. Gavin Newsom said Friday that California will sue the Trump administration over its declaration of a national emergency on the southern border with Mexico, delivering on a promise state Atty. Gen. Xavier Becerra made last week “to reject this foolish proposal in court the moment it touches the ground.”

https://ktla.com/2019/02/15/gov-newsom-announces-california-to-sue-trump-administration-over-national-emergency-declaration/

________

Other states need to join in.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9974 on: February 15, 2019, 05:47:23 PM »

Hmmm, Dr Romero and ACLU.

ACLU = American Civil Liberties Union.

The American Civil Liberties Union is a non-profit organization whose stated mission is "to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to every person in this country by the Constitution and laws of the United States."

Questions I would ask Dr Romero and ACLU are:

1. "Do you think there should be any physical border at all between the US and Mexico, US and Canada?"

2. "Do you think anyone and everyone around the globe who wishes to seek asylum in the US should just be able to walk in, sail in, fly in over US borders and apply for said asylum once on US soil?

The questions I would ask you are:

1. Why the fuck do you think anybody cares what you think?

2. Given how expensive the proposed wall with Mexico is, how expensive do you think it would be to build one along the Canadian borders? (Plural borders)

3. How expensive do you think it would be to eliminate the physical borders that already exist along those borders? (Hint: It makes erecting additional ones look cheap.)
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 4288