Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584319 times)

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #10035 on: February 17, 2019, 05:46:39 PM »

Bambu, I hope that your wife has a great visit to the USA.

I hope that she does not plan to visit Disneyland, more rain is on the way.

Salute,

Tony V.

Thanks.

She visited Disney-Tokyo and Disney-Hong Kong last year...not the 'real thing' like in America, but good enough to get the idea.
She had the chance to go to USA with a group, in US winter, probably her only chance to ever go, so she took it.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 05:53:52 PM by bambu-wisdom »

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #10036 on: February 17, 2019, 05:51:34 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/15/world/europe/student-climate-protest-europe.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

One day won't do it.

But a week or two might. And a children's strike in the US would crush this country.

Me to my kids after day 1 -

"Get your ass in school"

To which they reply,

“You’re not my real dad”

"True...but I have the money and the car keys".

And if their mom thinks it's a good idea for her kids to be truanting from school to attend some stupid climate change protest [that could possibly turn violent], she not knowing their whereabouts, then I'd be having a serious discussion with her about it.
I've seen that "You're not my real dad" stuff in the movies, but have never encountered it among my relatives or friends.

Hmmm, "you're not my real dad".
I'd be wanting to know exactly what the go was within the family as regards me.
"Not your real dad"? "No worries, I'll be like your mom's drop-in-sometimes boyfriend from now on, no care no responsibilities".
"I've seen the error of my ways, I should've said nothing about the climate change protest, and left what you do and what happens to you for your mom to worry about."
"Aaah, I feel less stressed already, without you brats of kids to worry about".
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 06:20:18 PM by bambu-wisdom »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #10037 on: February 17, 2019, 05:55:55 PM »

https://www.ecowatch.com/bill-melinda-gates-climate-change-2629057461.html

It's more than just CO2 and soot.  Helping people understand the science, and that the facts don't care about politics or partisan posturing, should be a priority in solving the environment problems. 

Depends on the environmental problem in need of a solution.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 06:36:02 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #10038 on: February 17, 2019, 05:58:50 PM »

Here's Bambi's hero:

https://www.theroot.com/professor-files-civil-rights-complaint-against-black-gi-1832663186?rev=1550270182150&utm_medium=socialflow&utm_source=theroot_facebook

Got to protect the poor beleaguered white male.

White males have and will support equality, but not unfair discrimination against them.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 06:20:54 PM by bambu-wisdom »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #10039 on: February 17, 2019, 06:42:57 PM »

Rubio in Colombia to push for delivery of humanitarian aid to Venezuela

BY BRETT SAMUELS - 02/17/19 01:55 PM EST

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) arrived Sunday in Colombia to meet with officials as humanitarian aid intended for the people of Venezuela arrived in the neighboring South American country.

Rubio's trip came days after the Pentagon said an initial shipment of supplies meant to aid Venezuelan migrants was delivered to Colombia. The senator said another shipment is set to arrive on Sunday.

"Today another huge delivery of humanitarian aid for #Venezuela will arrive," Rubio tweeted.

"I will be meeting with officials leading the effort to store this at the border & prepare it for delivery to the suffering people of #Venezuela."

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/430413-rubio-in-colombia-to-push-for-delivery-of-humanitarian-aid-to-venezuela

---------

Marco Rubio is doing good, he is in Colombia with a shipment of food destined to feed the hungry people in Venezuela.

Enough is enough, the people in Venezuela need to eat, and a free and fair election needs to happen so that they can elect a new President whom they can all support.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 06:50:34 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #10040 on: February 17, 2019, 09:36:03 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Thanks.

She visited Disney-Tokyo and Disney-Hong Kong last year...not the 'real thing' like in America, but good enough to get the idea.
She had the chance to go to USA with a group, in US winter, probably her only chance to ever go, so she took it.

Bambu, hopefully someday you can take your wife to Disneyland yourself, in the Springtime when the weather is nice. 

Right now is good weather to go to the museums, and to plays, and stuff like that, indoors, Las Vegas would be cool for her, unless she wants to snow ski in Colorado or something. And I am sure that a Broadway play in New York City would be awesome. I hope that your wife has a great visit wherever her travels take her. 

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #10041 on: February 17, 2019, 11:31:49 PM »

Richard Branson
February 15 at 5:15 AM · 

The humanitarian crisis in Venezuela worsens every day. Join Venezuela Aid Live, support the cause to help the country’s suffering people https://venezuelaaidlive.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjwxSJXTgAQ 

--------------------

Richard Branson is supporting a concert to benefit the people of Venezuela. The concert will be held in Colombia.

(And Remember that the President of Colombia,  President Ivan Duque Marquez, is an ally who studied at Harvard.)

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10042 on: February 18, 2019, 03:19:38 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10043 on: February 18, 2019, 03:20:29 AM »

An example of why it is important to change what we are doing, quickly:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/feb/15/toxic-black-snow-covers-siberian-coalmining-region

We?

Just keep pissing in the creek, Deliverance banjo boy.  Your pain receptors are in an unthinkably advanced state of decay.  How bout Foggy Mountain Breakdown?
Was that an answer?

Oui.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10044 on: February 18, 2019, 09:19:51 AM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Thanks.

What is hilarious is you actually believed that story. If she comes back you will probably believe that the muscular handsome and toothy Antonio was a "tour guide".
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #10045 on: February 18, 2019, 01:47:56 PM »

It's Presidents' Day. They're celebrating in Russia.

barton

« Reply #10046 on: February 18, 2019, 02:12:03 PM »

No doubt because the current one seems unfamiliar with the first amendment.

"Nothing funny about tired Saturday Night Live on Fake News NBC! Question is, how do the Networks get away with these total Republican hit jobs without retribution? Likewise for many other shows? Very unfair and should be looked into. This is the real Collusion!"

RETRIBUTION!

It's interesting times when a POTUS is so bad that you don't have to do anything but print his own words in order to critique. 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #10047 on: February 18, 2019, 02:14:05 PM »

Retribution for satire?

Happy Presidents Day.

barton

« Reply #10048 on: February 18, 2019, 02:16:00 PM »

Last time we saw that was Nixon pulling strings to cancel the smothers bros.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10049 on: February 18, 2019, 02:20:44 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/16/tech/stockton-universal-basic-income/index.html

Stockton, CA is implementing a $500/month payment to 100 people for 18 months as an experiment in the direction of Universal Basic Income.

I applaud the effort, while recognizing that the limits on it make it not really a UBI experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 4288