Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 680 681 [682] 683 684 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584627 times)

Itz ME!

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #10215 on: February 22, 2019, 04:11:25 PM »

Hello people that live in my computer and are reliably holding forth the political debates of the day.

It's nice to see all of you again.

I'm involved in a project to grow 1,000 acres of high grade CBD Hemp. We have already sold three years worth of production (there's a contract, but it is not without risks)

The result is that I have entered into the most manic stage of my entire life. When it's over, if you're interested, I'll be glad to tell the tale.

In the meanwhile, hello everyone, I'm gladdened by the static nature of your presence.

PLAU,
ItzME

Itz ME!

• View Profile
« Reply #10216 on: February 22, 2019, 04:12:56 PM »

Red,

Buy when nobody wants it, sell when everybody wants it.

Good luck.

PLAU
ItzME

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10217 on: February 22, 2019, 04:41:26 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #10218 on: February 22, 2019, 04:43:50 PM »

Itzme, you mean when you were posting here earlier, that WASN'T the most manic stage?

JK.  Want to hear the tale when the time is ripe.  CBD is the medicinal non-psychoactive oil, right?   

barton

« Reply #10219 on: February 22, 2019, 04:57:50 PM »

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2019/02/22/cant-believe-your-lying-eyes-it-depends-on-the-beholder/

It bothers me the way videos are often edited, so that viewers don't really see what was before and after.  It's bad enough when the viewer's vision is already clouded by someone else's narrative and their own preconceptions.  Where I live, I've witnessed enough mocking behavior towards Lakotas to recognize that dynamic... I'm an insecure teen, I need to be a smartass, it's no longer cool to show open disrespect to other people of color, but hey there's still that old squaw on that bench over there.  Here's my old squaw accent I learned from an old B western. 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #10220 on: February 22, 2019, 05:00:03 PM »

Red,

Buy when nobody wants it, sell when everybody wants it.

Good luck.

PLAU
ItzME
Thanks.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #10221 on: February 22, 2019, 05:02:39 PM »

Trump getting ready to pardon Kraft.

The President also pushed back against the solicitation allegations, emphasizing that the 77-year-old widower “denies” any wrongdoing. But authorities said the franchise owner, who has a residence in Palm Beach, was twice caught on video paying women for sexual favors at the Orchids of Asia Day Spa in Jupiter.

“We’re equally as stunned as everyone else,” Jupiter Police Chief Daniel Kerr said, adding that the footage includes prostitutes involving the NFL billionaire.
Kraft has long been a frequent visitor to Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, located about 30 minutes away from the massage parlor he’s accused of visiting.
The pair met more than 20 years ago, when the President invited him to play a round of golf at his Florida club.

“Loyalty is important to me, and he has been a wonderful friend,” Kraft previously told the New York Times.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-news-trump-surprised-robert-kraft-prostitution-florida-charged-20190222-story.html

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #10222 on: February 22, 2019, 05:05:09 PM »

Trump can't pardon Kraft. 
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #10223 on: February 22, 2019, 05:07:47 PM »

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #10224 on: February 22, 2019, 05:53:38 PM »

Maybe Trump will have his boy Alex Acosta look into Kraft's case. He did a great job helping out Jeffrey Epstein.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10225 on: February 22, 2019, 05:54:13 PM »

Just as I suspected...they had good reason.

Before interning 120,000 Japanese-American citizens and alien residents in World War II, President Roosevelt and some of his top advisers may have seen decoded Japanese diplomatic cables boasting that ethnic Japanese had been ''utilized'' for espionage, according to a former intelligence official.

David Lowman, a retired special assistant to the director of the National Security Agency, said the diplomatic cables intercepted and decoded by American cryptanalysts in 1941 might not have justified the relocation and internment for more than two years in grim internment camps of Japanese-American citizens and resident Japanese aliens living on the West Coast.

''I doubt that it does justify it,'' Mr. Lowman said. But he said he believed the evidence cast doubt on the fairness and judgment of the recently established Commission on Wartime Relocation and Internment of Civilians.
''Anyone reading this flow of messages during 1941 could easily conclude that thousands of resident Japanese were being organized into subversive organizations,'' Mr. Lowman said. ''Today we know that the Japanese Government misjudged the loyalty of Japanese Americans completely. But at that time no one knew for certain.''

The thing you keep struggling with in your racist, bellicose, anti-American bullshit is "innocent until proven guilty." These United States citizens were treated as if they had been tried and convicted, with no right of appeal.

You uttered the bullshit line that they should not have had their property taken from them, but if they ran a business how could it not have been taken from them?! There was no way to allow them to keep running it. No way to put a substitute manager/owner in place. And leaving their homes vacant wasn't good, either (as was discovered).

So, add painfully naive or delusional onto the litany of descriptions you merit.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10226 on: February 22, 2019, 05:57:18 PM »

Hello people that live in my computer and are reliably holding forth the political debates of the day.

It's nice to see all of you again.

I'm involved in a project to grow 1,000 acres of high grade CBD Hemp. We have already sold three years worth of production (there's a contract, but it is not without risks)

The result is that I have entered into the most manic stage of my entire life. When it's over, if you're interested, I'll be glad to tell the tale.

In the meanwhile, hello everyone, I'm gladdened by the static nature of your presence.

PLAU,
ItzME

Moe, Larry, Curly, and Hemp!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10227 on: February 22, 2019, 06:00:33 PM »

Trump getting ready to pardon Kraft.

The President also pushed back against the solicitation allegations, emphasizing that the 77-year-old widower “denies” any wrongdoing. But authorities said the franchise owner, who has a residence in Palm Beach, was twice caught on video paying women for sexual favors at the Orchids of Asia Day Spa in Jupiter.

“We’re equally as stunned as everyone else,” Jupiter Police Chief Daniel Kerr said, adding that the footage includes prostitutes involving the NFL billionaire.
Kraft has long been a frequent visitor to Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, located about 30 minutes away from the massage parlor he’s accused of visiting.
The pair met more than 20 years ago, when the President invited him to play a round of golf at his Florida club.

“Loyalty is important to me, and he has been a wonderful friend,” Kraft previously told the New York Times.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-news-trump-surprised-robert-kraft-prostitution-florida-charged-20190222-story.html

Trump's surprise is that he thought the tapes were destroyed.

Now he wonders if he is on them, too.

As for Kraft, if as it seems the charges are accurate, I sure hope the judge throws the book at him.

I am heartened by the Accosta case to believe that could actually happen.

And I hope they reopen the Epstein plea deal, too.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10228 on: February 22, 2019, 06:20:43 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/22/politics/family-separations-case-whats-next/index.html

The judge is not impressed by the government's arguments for why they should not have to document what they did to/with these children.

Separately, it came out that the Trump administration separated more children  after the court case was already running.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10229 on: February 22, 2019, 10:21:32 PM »

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/2019/02/20/david-byrd-tennessee-allegations/2927612002/

GOP voters reelected him and leadership gave him a promotion. So what if he admitted it before. After all, he denies it now!
Pages: 1 ... 680 681 [682] 683 684 ... 4288