Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 754 755 [756] 757 758 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1585226 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #11325 on: March 15, 2019, 03:28:22 PM »

Instead of bending over backwards to find some sort of justification, wouldn't it be easier, Bambu, if you came out and said that you were okay with the terrorism that took place in New Zealand?

I was waiting for that from someone here, it happens to be you.
Of course I'm not ok with what took place in NZ, as I'm not ok with all the terror attacks by Muslims and others.
Shooter's justification is written in his manifesto.
His actions cannot be justified in any way.
Then stop trying to justify them.

Is that what authorities are trying to do in NZ and here in US?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #11326 on: March 15, 2019, 03:29:15 PM »

Instead of bending over backwards to find some sort of justification, wouldn't it be easier, Bambu, if you came out and said that you were okay with the terrorism that took place in New Zealand?

Of course I'm not ok with what took place in NZ, as I'm not ok with all the terror attacks by Muslims and others.

I hope not. 
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #11327 on: March 15, 2019, 03:29:47 PM »

"Of course."

Yes, of course.
I thought that would go without saying.
You've made clear your belief that all Muslims are terrorists (ban them all from the U.S. has been your argument; correct me if I'm wrong).  So why not take your argument to its logical conclusion?  The shooter acted in self-defense.   

Gee it's difficult.
One more time..."Not all Muslims are terrorists, but most terrorists are Muslims"...the saying goes.
Seems correct?

The IRA does some of them, claimed responsibility for 'letter bombs' [didn't explode] sent to england recently.

Trump wanted a ban on certain people from certain countries ..."national security".
Many people in the Christian west agreed with him.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11328 on: March 15, 2019, 03:29:53 PM »

People are dead.  This is the reason he did it.

Not this is the VALID reason.....

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11329 on: March 15, 2019, 03:33:44 PM »

I hope not.

Of course not.  Not justifying anything - just looking for - and possibly stating - a reason.

Like Bambu.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #11330 on: March 15, 2019, 03:40:11 PM »

I hope not.

Of course not.  Not justifying anything - just looking for - and possibly stating - a reason.

Like Bambu.
His long-standing hatred of Muslims has been noted.   
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #11331 on: March 15, 2019, 03:41:13 PM »

Not sure what this is about;

https://www.newshub.co.nz/nznews/christchurch-mosque-linked-to-alqaida-suspect-2014060417

A Christchurch mosque has been linked to the drone killing of New Zealand al-Qaida suspect Daryl Jones.

The parents of an Australian killed alongside Jones say their son was taught radical Islam in Christchurch, where he also met Mr Jones.

Christopher Havard was killed alongside Mr Jones by a US drone in Yemen last year.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #11332 on: March 15, 2019, 03:46:04 PM »

I hope not.

Like Bambu.
His long-standing hatred of Muslims has been noted.   

Make that 'hatred of Muslim terrorists and their enablers/supporters'.
You know...9/11, Ft Hood, Boston bombers, Washington sniper, terror attacks in Britain, Australia, Europe everywhere.
You on the other hand don't seem able to even say "Muslim terrorists" let alone criticise them.

Hosted a nice Muslim lady at our home for lunch recently.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 03:52:36 PM by bambu-wisdom »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #11333 on: March 15, 2019, 03:53:05 PM »

Your definition of "enablers" and "supporters" has long been all Muslims. Which is why you supported the ban. Because of your belief that all Muslims are terrorists. You can admit it. 

I have never had any problem using the term "Muslim terrorist." 

Some of your best friends are Muslims.  I get it.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 03:55:17 PM by Yankguy1 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11334 on: March 15, 2019, 03:54:14 PM »

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/111313938/live-terror-attack-video-christchurch-mosque-shooting-muslims-new-zealand?cid=facebook.post.111313938

40 dead in a mosque in Christchurch, NZ. A second mosque was shot at. IEDs were found outside the first one. The shooter streamed the attack.

The US under Trump has become a country whose primary ideological export is hate over freedom, but kiidcarter8 will keep tweeting about how Beto was once in a band.

Hate over freedom?

I think Mr Trump greatly favors freedom for US citizens.

Some of them.

But with his threats against us, it is clearly not all of us and not the freedom that the bulk of us mean.

All CITIZENS

He is tough on those seeking citizenship, perhaps, yes.

All citizens except those who are transmen and transwomen.

All citizens except  those who are naturalized.

All citizens except children, whom he is trying to restrict in their choices for the future, while also okaying things that poison them.

All citizens except college students, who will have fewer opportunities to get their loans forgiven.

All citizens except those who live along the border of Mexico, whose land he wants to take away.

All citizens except those who live near water, which he is permitting to return to being polluted.

All citizens except for those relying on Social Security and Medicare.

All citizens except for those who get food stamps.

All citizens except for Veterans and current service men and women and their families.

All white citizens above a certain income level.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11335 on: March 15, 2019, 03:55:00 PM »

I think Bambu brings a unique life history to this forum and to his posts - not unlike someone like Needs.

Not sure why he is treated differently.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #11336 on: March 15, 2019, 03:55:59 PM »

He's treated the same as you Kid.  As a bigot. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11337 on: March 15, 2019, 03:58:38 PM »

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/111313938/live-terror-attack-video-christchurch-mosque-shooting-muslims-new-zealand?cid=facebook.post.111313938

40 dead in a mosque in Christchurch, NZ. A second mosque was shot at. IEDs were found outside the first one. The shooter streamed the attack.

The US under Trump has become a country whose primary ideological export is hate over freedom, but kiidcarter8 will keep tweeting about how Beto was once in a band.

Hate over freedom?

I think Mr Trump greatly favors freedom for US citizens.

Unless they want a free press or are the free press.   Or want protection from various parts of the Constitution he doesn't like.  Or want to VWB.  Or want to legally challenge selloffs of national park lands and monuments to mining and logging.  Or want to protect our air, water, and soil.  Etc. 

Today's horror in NZ is where Bambu's mindset leads.

LOL

bambu's mindset [and the mindset of bambu-ilk] is one of obeying the law, lobbying govt for change, and demanding that the govt and society do things differently.

If you think there are not millions of bambu-ilk in Australia [and possibly elsewhere in the Christian West, then you are seriously mistaken.]

We're sure there are millions of you, Bambi.

It does not make sleeping at night easier - you could as easily have been the shooter as anybody else.

Total bulldust!

You and others here seem to think the persecution of White males, and attacks on White people in the Christian west today and for many years past will have no consequences, that it's all just fine and deserved, that no White male/person will snap and do such attacks. [a woman is one of the 4 arrested in NZ.]
I tell y'all differently, but you take no notice.

You and "bambi-ilk" seem to think that persecution BY white males and attacks BY white people and BY the Christian west have not been going on for CENTURIES and that YOU will see no consequences for your actions.

You pretend all the animosity toward you (us) has come out of nowhere. The indigenous peoples of North and South America, of New Zealand, of Australia, of Africa, of India did nothing to white people until invasions and colonization happened. War. Genocide. Enslavement.

You pretend that all the rules preventing women from owning property, from being sexually assaulted without penalty, from voting... that these and more come without consequences, because MEN HAVE THE RIGHT TO RULE or some other bullshit.

You're whining now because the playing field is [beginning to become even. You cite one or two phrases from folks that make "bambi-ilk" nervous, without regard for the fact that you and your ilk have been making the same kinds of statements and taking actions of that sort for as long as there has been a Europe.

Poor, poor pitiful you.

"Oh, but treat us better than we treated you, or we will get back at you and you will deserve it!"

You are a self-centered, amoral, hypocritical bigot.

The sins of the past have been acknowledged, and as best as possible so far, treaties made/compensation paid/restitution made...'land rights' etc.

"as best as possible," huh? Boy do you have a small view of what is possible.

Things today are supposed to be equal...yet it bas been 'decreed' by the usual suspects that White males must be sacked from boards for no good reason other than the boards must be "50% women"...and White males must be shown on national television [MAFS] being verbally abused and disrespected to the max by women. Why else were they?

"Supposed to be" according to whom?

It sure isn't in practice, Bambi.

We live in a society in which blacks are discriminated against in housing, medicine, employment, and justice, among others.

Just one set of examples of ways in which things are not equal. Nor do I see any signs that people like you can admit that it is still unequal against them, while you bleat about your suffering.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11338 on: March 15, 2019, 04:00:43 PM »

"Of course."

Yes, of course.
I thought that would go without saying.

No, you already acknowledged that you would need to say something.

But rather than saying it on your own, you waited until prompted.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11339 on: March 15, 2019, 04:01:48 PM »

"Good people on both sides."
Pages: 1 ... 754 755 [756] 757 758 ... 4288