Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 762 763 [764] 765 766 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584971 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #11446 on: March 17, 2019, 07:07:59 PM »

What's frustrating is that it seems like it wouldn't be that excruciating for Bambu to renounce bigotry, to further extend a tendril of open mindedness that sprouted with having that Muslim lady over for lunch.  If he and Ms Bambu managed that, and a real conversation where you are faced with someone's humanity, then it's not impossible to have more tete-a-tete like that and nourish the understanding that 13 year old Anne Frank achieved with "I still believe most people are good."

Renounce bigotry?

But what is bigotry?

Bigotry - intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11447 on: March 17, 2019, 07:12:30 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11448 on: March 17, 2019, 07:13:05 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11449 on: March 17, 2019, 07:13:41 PM »

What's frustrating is that it seems like it wouldn't be that excruciating for Bambu to renounce bigotry, to further extend a tendril of open mindedness that sprouted with having that Muslim lady over for lunch.  If he and Ms Bambu managed that, and a real conversation where you are faced with someone's humanity, then it's not impossible to have more tete-a-tete like that and nourish the understanding that 13 year old Anne Frank achieved with "I still believe most people are good."

Renounce bigotry?

But what is bigotry?

The thing that you and many of your brethren are confused by is that intolerance towards bigots is not what is meant by bigotry.

barton

« Reply #11450 on: March 17, 2019, 07:37:55 PM »

......or that something published or spoken publicly is FAKE NEWS

Glad we agree.

When did anyone say that anyone can't question the veracity of a news story??  Not the issue.  The issue has been the right to factcheck what any politician says, and if it proves to be a lie, call him on it.  Without fear of reprisals, slanderous attacks against the reporter, physical threats, or blocking access to a public press conference. 

And, this should be obvious, if you accuse a news outlet of fake news, you must provide EVIDENCE if you want to be taken seriously. 

Glad we agree. 

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #11451 on: March 17, 2019, 07:40:30 PM »

Renounce bigotry?

But what is bigotry?

The thing that you and many of your brethren are confused by is that intolerance towards bigots is not what is meant by bigotry.

Confused?
Not us...basic English and basic comprehension we can manage.

"intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself" is crystal clear to us.

barton

« Reply #11452 on: March 17, 2019, 07:49:03 PM »

Renounce bigotry?

But what is bigotry?

Way to duck and cover. 

Us questioning your attitude toward, and treatment of, people of different creeds and ethnicity is not bigotry.  It's the same freedom of speech and critical thinking that you enjoy here.  I will tolerate your prejudiced remarks about Muslims and blacks and liberals in that you are free to make them.  But I will exercise my freedom of speech to critique what you say.  Tolerance doesn't mean feigning agreement or acceptance of views I find to be wrongheaded. 

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #11453 on: March 17, 2019, 07:51:06 PM »

Bravo, Thomas Cook Airlines

http://www.cnn.com/travel/article/thomas-cook-airlines-female-passenger-cover-up-intl-scli/

When they asked if anyone was offended, who was going to put up their hand?   a man?  in this day and age?  LOL

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #11454 on: March 17, 2019, 07:55:39 PM »

Renounce bigotry?

But what is bigotry?

Way to duck and cover. 

Us questioning your attitude toward, and treatment of, people of different creeds and ethnicity is not bigotry.  It's the same freedom of speech and critical thinking that you enjoy here.  I will tolerate your prejudiced remarks about Muslims and blacks and liberals in that you are free to make them.  But I will exercise my freedom of speech to critique what you say.  Tolerance doesn't mean feigning agreement or acceptance of views I find to be wrongheaded.

All good.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #11455 on: March 17, 2019, 08:03:25 PM »

https://clarionproject.org/obama-says-islam-needs-modernist-reformation-2/

Obama Says Islam Needs Modernist Reformation

#####

Obama says.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11456 on: March 17, 2019, 08:11:18 PM »

Renounce bigotry?

But what is bigotry?

Confused?

"intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself" is crystal clear to us.

Does that mean that you understand basic things like "Australia is..." second only to Canada being flat wrong?

Can you admit it? Or do you feel compelled to just pretend not to have seen it so you can avoid admitting how wrong you were?

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #11457 on: March 17, 2019, 08:33:22 PM »

Renounce bigotry?

But what is bigotry?

Confused?

Does that mean that you understand basic things like "Australia is..." second only to Canada being flat wrong?

Can you admit it? Or do you feel compelled to just pretend not to have seen it so you can avoid admitting how wrong you were?

It's not wrong.

I wrote; "Australia resettles more refugees via the UN per capita besides Canada than any other country."
Which is correct.

You posted some figures about 'refugee densities' in Lebabon etc.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11458 on: March 17, 2019, 08:45:33 PM »

Renounce bigotry?

But what is bigotry?

Confused?

It's not wrong.

I wrote; "Australia resettles more refugees via the UN per capita besides Canada than any other country."
Which is correct.

You posted some figures about 'refugee densities' in Lebabon etc.

WTF do you think "refugee densities" means, Bambi?

Those are the per capita figures.

Like I said, you are sooooo dense.

Provide support for your claim, if you would.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11459 on: March 17, 2019, 08:54:07 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 762 763 [764] 765 766 ... 4288