- 1 (11.1%)
No
- 8 (88.9%)
I don't know what that word means and cannot be bothered to look it up
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: March 29, 2019, 11:59:24 PM

Pages: 1 ... 775 776 [777] 778 779 ... 1119

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 127180 times)

Barton

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #11640 on: March 20, 2019, 09:14:14 PM »

....or until contraception and reproductive care and counseling achieve the social status of sacraments.
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. "

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11641 on: March 20, 2019, 09:18:11 PM »

SCOTUS  again overturned the 9th Circuit yesterday, this time  on an Immigration question.
The five conservative Justices read the law as written by Congress. The Liberals made up their own version.
Understandable that the Clown Car democrats running for President want to pack the Court with those who would make up other laws.

It isn't the job of our Supreme Court to decide cases on the law as written by Congress, but to decide on the constitutionality of the law as written by Congress.
Wanna try that one again?

No.  Knowing that there isn't any way you would acknowledge the obvious flaw in your analysis.  And Whiskeypriest has it covered, I think.

Generally, for your info, SCOTUS is not required to take the lead from Congress in the cases they consider.  Their job is not to rule on the law as written by Congress.  Their job is to evaluate the constitutionality of said law, and by their ruling, require that any portion of said law that runs afoul of the Constitution be amended.

If you did not intend, through your analysis, to demonstrate a lack of understanding of this basic role of the highest court, you are free to "try that one again."
I don’t have to.
You explained your ignorance of our Checks and Balances all by yourself.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
“To be led by a fool is to be lead by the opportunists who control the fool." - Octavia Butler

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11643 on: March 21, 2019, 01:14:18 AM »

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/CBP-Detains-US-Citizen-9-Accuses-Her-of-Being-Someone-Else-507394941.html

Take a 9 year old and a 14 year old, both US citizens, and detain them, trying to force them into admitting they are not citizens.

Pretty scummy.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11644 on: March 21, 2019, 09:33:42 AM »

User error.

Or do you think they shouldnt check the passport photos at all?  Just that the age matches?  Though even that could trip up an agent - as some kids look older/younger that their real age.

This US citizen lives in Tijuana and goes to school in US?  I didnt get this part.
Rest in peace, Pernell Whitaker

Barton

• View Profile
« Reply #11645 on: March 21, 2019, 10:00:38 AM »

Let the record show, I replied to Kid's twitter link on Beto, and made a good faith attempt to engage in a real discussion of the issues raised. 

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11646 on: March 21, 2019, 10:27:39 AM »

I just.spent 40 minutes playing with the Bach Generator on Google.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

Barton

• View Profile
« Reply #11647 on: March 21, 2019, 12:53:38 PM »

Jackie Treehorn : Interactive erotic software. The wave of the future, Dude. One hundred percent electronic!

The Dude : Yeah well, I still jerk off manually.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11648 on: March 21, 2019, 12:55:47 PM »

User error.

Or do you think they shouldnt check the passport photos at all?  Just that the age matches?  Though even that could trip up an agent - as some kids look older/younger that their real age.

This US citizen lives in Tijuana and goes to school in US?  I didnt get this part.

Like most issues, too complex for trump lackeys to fathom.
“Utter obsequiousness and craven boot licking by trump” - M. Nance

oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #11649 on: March 21, 2019, 01:24:39 PM »

From WaPo today....

Trump has regularly railed about McCain in the nearly seven months since his death, complaining about the dossier and the senator’s vote against repealing the Affordable Care Act. Exasperated advisers have encouraged him repeatedly to drop the issue, but his grudge against McCain is particularly visceral, according to current and former aides.

Some of McCain’s supporters said the criticism would amuse McCain, who would have appreciated that the president was still tormented by his legacy. Mark Salter, McCain’s longtime friend and co-author, said that at first he was angered by the president’s mischaracterizations.

“It’s reaching a point of boredom for all of us. McCain is getting some kind of amusement out of it that he’s still in the guy’s head somewhere,” Salter said. “It doesn’t help him, but he can’t control himself. He obviously resents John. He obviously craves the admiration that John received in life. He may excoriate the establishment and fake news and everything else, but he craves its approval.”

To me, Trump always wanted to be the Most Important Voice in the room.  Which is a desire almost guaranteed to make you blind, deaf, and idiotic.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #11650 on: March 21, 2019, 07:15:48 PM »

Sabrina Cervantes met with a delegation from Spain today, to expand trade and partnership between California and Spain. She is doing a great job. And she is providing more tax breaks for small businesses. She is awesome.

Salute,

Tony V.

Assemblymember Sabrina Cervantes is with Assemblymember Tim Grayson and Assemblymember Jim Frazier at California State Capitol.

1 hr · Sacramento, CA ·  

As Chair of the Assembly Jobs Committee, I joined Transportation Committee Chair Assemblymember Jim Frazier & my legislative colleagues in welcoming a trade delegation from Spain to our State Capitol! We had a productive discussion on international trade & investment, & strategic global partnerships. Many thanks to California Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz) for facilitating this collaborative effort. #AD60  

-------------- 

Assemblymember Sabrina Cervantes is in Corona, California.

5 hrs · 

#AD60: The California Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz) is now accepting applications for the California Competes Tax Credit. There are at least $74 million in tax credits available during this application period. For more information & to apply, visit bit.ly/2nxiNGc

---------------------------
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 08:16:37 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #11651 on: March 21, 2019, 08:47:59 PM »

The King of Spain is a Bourbon...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monarchy_of_Spain

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11652 on: March 21, 2019, 10:26:18 PM »

User error.

Do you truly not get the difference between checking passports and keeping the kids for 36 hours and hectoring one of them until he signs a "confession" that his sister is not his sister?

You would make a fine storm trooper.

Not A US citizen, Kiiid, but two US citizens.

Their (the brother's and sister's) mother is not a US citizen. They live with their mother. They go to a Catholic school in the United States.

It's terribly complicated.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11653 on: March 21, 2019, 11:04:04 PM »

User error.

Do you truly not get the difference between checking passports and keeping the kids for 36 hours and hectoring one of them until he signs a "confession" that his sister is not his sister?

You would make a fine storm trooper.

Not A US citizen, Kiiid, but two US citizens.

Their (the brother's and sister's) mother is not a US citizen. They live with their mother. They go to a Catholic school in the United States.

It's terribly complicated.

“Now, this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down...”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/american-born-citizen-sues-sheriff-after-he-was-nearly-deported-n943486
“To be led by a fool is to be lead by the opportunists who control the fool." - Octavia Butler

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11654 on: March 21, 2019, 11:18:26 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/21/politics/republican-senators-john-mccain/index.html?utm_term=link&utm_source=fbCNNp&utm_medium=social&utm_content=2019-03-21T22%3A40%3A04

The GOP members of Congress are overall a bunch of gutless wonders. They have the cowardice of their convictions. I'm not a big John McCain fan, but Trump's attacks on him are stupidly vicious, as well as both lies and pointless.

Trump is feuding with a dead man. It makes the old Bush v. Murphy Brown battle seem logical.
Pages: 1 ... 775 776 [777] 778 779 ... 1119