Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 778 779 [780] 781 782 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584054 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #11685 on: March 22, 2019, 04:07:30 PM »

User error.   Is this what you don't understand?

It's the same with Larry's post about the guy from Philly.  He was treated quite poorly by Florida jailers who likely have sub 100 IQs.  You dont get great people in those jobs.

User error.

The border patrol may have mishandled this by being so extreme - and following letter of the law rather than using what understandably is not the brains of our best and brightest.

Yes.  I agree - a system without fuckups is a beautiful thing.  But you go to lengths to suggest it is intentional and promoted.

"She's just a kid - let her go" works, I guess.  Until it doesnt.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11686 on: March 22, 2019, 04:47:25 PM »

The border patrol may have mishandled this by being so extreme - and following letter of the law rather than using what understandably is not the brains of our best and brightest.

Yes.  I agree - a system without fuckups is a beautiful thing.  But you go to lengths to suggest it is intentional and promoted.

You're fucked in the head, Kiiid.

You asked what they should have done. I made some suggestions, which might as well have been in invisible ink, for all the time you gave them.

No, I don't think they followed the letter of the law. I would be shocked if "the law" dictates that they interrogate the older brother and intimidate him into signing a false confession.

So, eat shit, Kiiid, and let us know if you ever grow a heart.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11687 on: March 22, 2019, 04:49:39 PM »

http://time.com/5554996/epa-chief-climate-change-threat/

The Environmental Protection Agency’s new administrator says unsafe drinking water is “probably the biggest environmental threat” the world faces.

Andrew Wheeler told CBS News in an interview airing Wednesday that climate change is “an important issue,” but most of the threats it poses are “50 to 75 years out” and it’s “unreasonable” for the 2020 Democratic candidates to focus so much on it.

Climate scientists see the necessity for broad and immediate action to address global warming. The United Nations says “now is the defining moment to do something about it.”

Wheeler was nominated by President Donald Trump and was confirmed last month. He acknowledges human behavior “certainly contributes to” climate change, and says the U.S. is working to reduce carbon dioxide emissions.

Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off for 50 years. "I'll be dead by then. Not my problem!"
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11688 on: March 22, 2019, 04:55:24 PM »

It's the same with Larry's post about the guy from Philly.  He was treated quite poorly by Florida jailers who likely have sub 100 IQs.  You dont get great people in those jobs.

User error.

Yeah, what the hell... they’re just brown people, right?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11689 on: March 22, 2019, 04:57:07 PM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11690 on: March 22, 2019, 04:59:22 PM »

http://time.com/5554996/epa-chief-climate-change-threat/

The Environmental Protection Agency’s new administrator says unsafe drinking water is “probably the biggest environmental threat” the world faces.

Andrew Wheeler told CBS News in an interview airing Wednesday that climate change is “an important issue,” but most of the threats it poses are “50 to 75 years out” and it’s “unreasonable” for the 2020 Democratic candidates to focus so much on it.

Climate scientists see the necessity for broad and immediate action to address global warming. The United Nations says “now is the defining moment to do something about it.”

Wheeler was nominated by President Donald Trump and was confirmed last month. He acknowledges human behavior “certainly contributes to” climate change, and says the U.S. is working to reduce carbon dioxide emissions.

Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off for 50 years. "I'll be dead by then. Not my problem!"

IBG/YBG was a common phrase among hedge fund managers in 2007-08 when they created investment mechanisms THEY KNEW would fuck over everyone while they made out like bandits.

I’ll Be Gone Youll Be Gone...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11691 on: March 22, 2019, 05:16:51 PM »

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11692 on: March 22, 2019, 05:39:00 PM »

See, if I saw this I would point out that there was no National income tax until after the Emancipation Proclamation. But taking memes seriously is one of my more annoying social networking traits.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11693 on: March 22, 2019, 05:45:37 PM »

You asked what they should have done. I made some suggestions, which might as well have been in invisible ink, for all the time you gave them.

No, I don't think they followed the letter of the law. I would be shocked if "the law" dictates that they interrogate the older brother and intimidate him into signing a false confession.

Doesnt seem to be an issue now - except for you

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11694 on: March 22, 2019, 06:10:08 PM »

Doesnt seem to be an issue now - except for you

What am I, wood?

User error.

Yeah, what the hell... they’re just brown people, right?

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11695 on: March 22, 2019, 06:12:26 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/cbp-defend-decision-to-detain-girl-9-for-more-than-30-hours-despite-being-a-u-s-citizen?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A%20foxnews%2Fnational%20%28Internal%20-%20US%20Latest%20-%20Text%29

CBP has maintained that they prioritize the "safety of the minors we encounter" and that it is critical to "positively confirm the identity of a child traveling without a parent or legal guardian."

Maybe I was too quick.  May not have been user error at all.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 06:14:41 PM by kiidcarter8 »

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #11696 on: March 22, 2019, 06:26:14 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/19/donald-trump-jr-may-should-have-taken-my-fathers-brexit-advice

Donald Trump Jr and John Bolton berate UK leaders over Brexit

Donald Trump Jr and the US national security adviser, John Bolton, spoke out over Brexit on Tuesday in what appeared to be a coordinated intervention by the White House into British domestic politics.

Both the US president’s son and Bolton attacked British political leadership after Theresa May said she would ask the EU for a delay to the UK’s exit from the European Union; in line with parliament’s wish.

Democracy.

George W Bush was big on democracy.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 06:42:24 PM by arafura »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11697 on: March 22, 2019, 06:28:55 PM »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/9-year-old-u-s-citizen-detained-for-32-hours-after-crossing-the-border-to-go-to-school/ar-BBV6LqH

According to an official familiar with the situation, the reason for the length of the girl’s detention was to ensure and ascertain that she was not a victim of human trafficking.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11698 on: March 22, 2019, 06:33:07 PM »

But Larry thinks it is OK for "brown people" to be trafficked, I suppose.

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #11699 on: March 22, 2019, 06:49:29 PM »

Why do I have to;

"Type the letters shown in the picture" [I can't read half of them and have to keep requesting a new picture]

and type in a box

"What newspaper shutdown it's forums which resulted in this site"

with every post, and every modification of a post?

including this post.
Pages: 1 ... 778 779 [780] 781 782 ... 4288