Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 779 780 [781] 782 783 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584114 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #11700 on: March 22, 2019, 06:52:47 PM »

Well.....

Mueller investigation complete.  No new indictments for now

The Barr report to be made public.

barton

« Reply #11701 on: March 22, 2019, 06:57:48 PM »

So we see soon what "transparency" means to Barr. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11702 on: March 22, 2019, 08:26:13 PM »

Doesnt matter

Dems want the entire thing - including the making of the sausage - released.

barton

« Reply #11703 on: March 22, 2019, 08:40:54 PM »

Dems?? Have you forgotten the 420-0 House vote already? 

The key thing to bear in mind is that there could be sealed indictments already passed to DOJ, which will eventually be made known outside of the Mueller report and purview.

And that part of the sausage may remain out of our view for quite a while. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11704 on: March 22, 2019, 08:46:16 PM »

Sealed ind.

That's the Dem line for now.

What else do they have?

heh

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11705 on: March 22, 2019, 09:06:59 PM »

Sealed ind.

That's the Dem line for now.

What else do they have?

heh

The end of the beginning. Tit in the wringer, balls in a vise or any metaphor you want this will not end well for the GOP and the Trump Organization.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11706 on: March 22, 2019, 09:13:04 PM »

But Larry thinks it is OK for "brown people" to be trafficked, I suppose.

Me: “Another Black person with a cellphone killed by police and blamed for his own death.”

kiidcarter8: “But what about CHICAGO?”

« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 11:53:28 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11707 on: March 23, 2019, 01:28:09 AM »

The border patrol may have mishandled this by being so extreme - and following letter of the law rather than using what understandably is not the brains of our best and brightest.

Yes.  I agree - a system without fuckups is a beautiful thing.  But you go to lengths to suggest it is intentional and promoted.

"She's just a kid - let her go" works, I guess.  Until it doesnt.

You're fucked in the head, Kiiid.

You asked what they should have done. I made some suggestions, which might as well have been in invisible ink, for all the time you gave them.

No, I don't think they followed the letter of the law. I would be shocked if "the law" dictates that they interrogate the older brother and intimidate him into signing a false confession.

So, eat shit, Kiiid, and let us know if you ever grow a heart.

Doesnt seem to be an issue now - except for you

I never really thought it would be an issue for you, Kiiid.

I suppose it is kind of you to confirm it.

And that you think those 30 hours had no cost for either of the children or for their family is emblematic of just how clueless and heartless you are.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11708 on: March 23, 2019, 01:30:03 AM »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/cbp-defend-decision-to-detain-girl-9-for-more-than-30-hours-despite-being-a-u-s-citizen?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A%20foxnews%2Fnational%20%28Internal%20-%20US%20Latest%20-%20Text%29

CBP has maintained that they prioritize the "safety of the minors we encounter" and that it is critical to "positively confirm the identity of a child traveling without a parent or legal guardian."

Maybe I was too quick.  May not have been user error at all.

Duh.

And their statement is so full of bullshit that it is a wonder they are not among the conservative posters here.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11709 on: March 23, 2019, 01:32:35 AM »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/9-year-old-u-s-citizen-detained-for-32-hours-after-crossing-the-border-to-go-to-school/ar-BBV6LqH

According to an official familiar with the situation, the reason for the length of the girl’s detention was to ensure and ascertain that she was not a victim of human trafficking.

Of course they claim that.

Heaven forfend that they simply call the school she was going to.

And if their concern was human trafficking, then what's with the bullshit of pressuring the older brother to say she was his cousin and not his sister.

Your willingness to swallow whatever line the Border Patrol and/or administration utters and then to repeat it as if it were THE TRUTH is legendary.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11710 on: March 23, 2019, 01:35:12 AM »

Why do I have to;

"Type the letters shown in the picture" [I can't read half of them and have to keep requesting a new picture]

and type in a box

"What newspaper shutdown it's forums which resulted in this site"

with every post, and every modification of a post?

including this post.

Absolutely no idea.

The first time was presumably in an effort to keep out spammers (not that it seems to do that), but repeatedly?

And I don't remember any other new members reporting that they have had to do that!

I'll poke around a bit and see what I can find. No promises - I have very limited oversight.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11711 on: March 23, 2019, 01:54:28 AM »

Meanwhile, the Trump Administration's competence continues to be the gift that keeps on giving:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/22/politics/fema-shared-information/index.html

FEMA shared private information with one of their contractors, including bank transfer numbers, for more than TWO MILLION individuals.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11712 on: March 23, 2019, 01:59:16 AM »

And on Friday, President Trump announced that he was cancelling two new sanctions on North Korea that were announced on Friday.

The problem? They weren't announced on Friday.

Well, one of the problems, I suppose.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11713 on: March 23, 2019, 02:02:11 AM »

And Steve King (R-Iowa) continues to demonstrate that he is all class, knocking the victims of Katrina vs. those of the non-hurricane caused flooding in his state.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/22/politics/steve-king-hurricane-katrina/index.html

As you can imagine, there are many places that took umbrage at his words.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/22/politics/steve-king-hurricane-katrina/index.html

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #11714 on: March 23, 2019, 02:34:03 AM »

Why do I have to;

"Type the letters shown in the picture" [I can't read half of them and have to keep requesting a new picture]

and type in a box

"What newspaper shutdown it's forums which resulted in this site"

with every post, and every modification of a post?

including this post.

Absolutely no idea.

The first time was presumably in an effort to keep out spammers (not that it seems to do that), but repeatedly?

And I don't remember any other new members reporting that they have had to do that!

I'll poke around a bit and see what I can find. No promises - I have very limited oversight.

Hello
Pages: 1 ... 779 780 [781] 782 783 ... 4288