Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 787 788 [789] 790 791 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1596199 times)

arafura

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #11820 on: March 26, 2019, 05:38:03 AM »

A Bambu by any other name sounds just as dumb.

LOL

Maybe so, but what I posted is true...NYC officials have indeed decided to introduce congestion pricing/tolls in Manhattan.
Coming soon.
It was argued that poor people without access to public transport should not have to pay...but it fell on deaf ears.

Look it up, you'll find it is true.
City needs more money to fix/renovate/do something to...the subway system.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11821 on: March 26, 2019, 05:59:27 AM »

The cost of driving is much higher than the cost of public transportation in NYC. Parking for a day can cost as much as a week of unlimited bus & subway travel. The transit system is vast and well developed with outer borough and NJ locations where you can park for free or cheap and ride in. Congestion pricing just further incentivizes what is already a smart idea for the benefit of millions. The shame is that more cities never invested in infrastructure to the point where real mass alternatives to driving are there to incentivize.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11822 on: March 26, 2019, 08:46:47 AM »

The Mea Culpas begin.

Former CIA Director John Brennan:

Well, I don’t know if I received bad information but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” Mr. Brennan told MSNBC. “I am relieved that it’s been determined there was not a criminal conspiracy with the Russian government over our election.”

barton

« Reply #11823 on: March 26, 2019, 09:37:29 AM »

The Mea Culpas begin.

Well, I don’t know if I received bad information but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” Mr. Brennan told MSNBC. “I am relieved that it’s been determined there was not a criminal conspiracy with the Russian government over our election.”

Many, like Brennan, are relieved.   Which underscores the value of any such investigation.  Determining the presence of a threat to the republic is part of the normal function of government.   Whenever NORAD fails to detect missiles coming over the pole, we don't say "Gosh that was a waste of time and money, let's scrap all that fancy radar and satellite equipment!" 

As I posted a year or two ago, now deleted, I doubted Trump had the brains or the attention span to actually conspire.  He might react to an idea, but it's left his head five minutes later.   

« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 09:39:04 AM by Barton »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Campaign Trail
« Reply #11825 on: March 26, 2019, 09:55:26 AM »

Pence/Huckabee

But 2024.

But there may be better top of ticket options.

Like any Democrat, from Jimmy Carter to AOC.

Even Uncle Joe or Bernie or Tulsi.

A Dem for top of the Republican ticket?

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11826 on: March 26, 2019, 10:03:41 AM »

The Mea Culpas begin.

Many, like Brennan, are relieved.   Which underscores the value of any such investigation.  Determining the presence of a threat to the republic is part of the normal function of government.   Whenever NORAD fails to detect missiles coming over the pole, we don't say "Gosh that was a waste of time and money, let's scrap all that fancy radar and satellite equipment!" 

As I posted a year or two ago, now deleted, I doubted Trump had the brains or the attention span to actually conspire.  He might react to an idea, but it's left his head five minutes later.
Mea Culpa # 2

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #11827 on: March 26, 2019, 10:13:01 AM »

The Mea Culpas begin.

All we have seen so far is a "summary" provided by a Trump appointee.  We haven't seen the report, so its premature to draw conclusions from it.

Trump said often, and loudly, that he expected his Attorney General to protect him from scrutiny.  Barr is doing just that.  Release the report.  Then we will know what Trump and his campaign actually did and did not do.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

barton

« Reply #11828 on: March 26, 2019, 10:16:53 AM »

Red, 

Came to troll, eh?  Good luck to you.  Too bad you couldn't grasp what i actually posted, or the analogy in the first paragraph. 

barton

« Reply #11829 on: March 26, 2019, 10:19:26 AM »

All we have seen so far is a "summary" provided by a Trump appointee.  We haven't seen the report, so its premature to draw conclusions from it.

Trump said often, and loudly, that he expected his Attorney General to protect him from scrutiny.  Barr is doing just that.  Release the report.  Then we will know what Trump and his campaign actually did and did not do.

For sure.  But I've long felt that Trump could only be an unwitting tool, at best.  If they found any real evidence of him as a conspirator, my respect for him would actually rise.  :-)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #11830 on: March 26, 2019, 10:21:43 AM »

We know now after three investigations , most recently by Mueller who concluded “ Despite multiple offers” from Russia-affiliated individuals to help their campaign they got no takers from the Trump people.
Where that leaves us is with four former intelligence big-wigs, James Clapper, John Brennan, James Comey, and Andrew McCabe who led us down the path of the Russian conspiracy that was just exposed by Mueller as a theory with not one shred of evidence to support it.

So much wrong to unpack here.

1) "Despite multiple offers" is a line from Barr's letter.  Not a quote from the Mueller report.  That is a distinction you (and other Trumpists) are purposefully not making.  But thankfully, Trump says we should all see the full report, so we should be seeing it soon!

2) Trump's campaign manager, according to Mueller, shared internal polling data with a Putin go-between.  An advisor of Trump's was in contact with Wikileaks, and a high level Trump Campaign official asked him to keep that communication open.  Another member of Trump's campaign knew about the stolen DNC emails before the Democrats did.  You want to argue that this does not amount to a "shred of evidence" to support conspiracy, that is your delusion.  But we have no idea if Mueller does until we see the report.  Thankfully, Trump says he is all for that!

3) "If its what you say I love it"...The Campaign received multiple offers but turned them all down?  Doesn't look like it.  And the Trump campaign knew what was stolen and who stole it, and said nothing to the FBI about those efforts, or their knowledge that Russia was, more generally, seeking to influence the election.  If You know someone is going to rob a bank to give you a million bucks, you say nothing, then take the money once the heist is complete, you aren't blameless.  It would be interesting to know how Mueller contextualizes the Trump campaigns silence here.  Thankfully, Trump says he is all for us seeing the report!

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11831 on: March 26, 2019, 10:27:03 AM »

Heh

Good stuff, Needs.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11832 on: March 26, 2019, 10:27:25 AM »

Red, 

Came to troll, eh?  Good luck to you.  Too bad you couldn't grasp what i actually posted, or the analogy in the first paragraph.
Oh I got it just fine despite all the apples and oranges. Thanks for your concern.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11833 on: March 26, 2019, 10:27:58 AM »

Needs - do you have a preferred candidate yet for 2020?

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11834 on: March 26, 2019, 10:36:30 AM »

We know now after three investigations , most recently by Mueller who concluded “ Despite multiple offers” from Russia-affiliated individuals to help their campaign they got no takers from the Trump people.
Where that leaves us is with four former intelligence big-wigs, James Clapper, John Brennan, James Comey, and Andrew McCabe who led us down the path of the Russian conspiracy that was just exposed by Mueller as a theory with not one shred of evidence to support it.

So much wrong to unpack here.

1) "Despite multiple offers" is a line from Barr's letter.  Not a quote from the Mueller report.
Did you notice the (“) (“ ) on either side of Despite multiple offers? They signify the remark  was quoted from the report, authored by Mueller.
2) Trump's campaign manager, according to Mueller, shared internal polling data with a Putin go-between.  An advisor of Trump's was in contact with Wikileaks, and a high level Trump Campaign official asked him to keep that communication open.  Another member of Trump's campaign knew about the stolen DNC emails before the Democrats did.  You want to argue that this does not amount to a "shred of evidence" to support conspiracy, that is your delusion.  But we have no idea if Mueller does until we see the report.  Thankfully, Trump says he is all for that!

3) "If its what you say I love it"...The Campaign received multiple offers but turned them all down?  Doesn't look like it.  And the Trump campaign knew what was stolen and who stole it, and said nothing to the FBI about those efforts, or their knowledge that Russia was, more generally, seeking to influence the election.  If You know someone is going to rob a bank to give you a million bucks, you say nothing, then take the money once the heist is complete, you aren't blameless.  It would be interesting to know how Mueller contextualizes the Trump campaigns silence here.  Thankfully, Trump says he is all for us seeing the report!
Are the second two points your summary?  Looks like you don’t need to see the whole report.
Pages: 1 ... 787 788 [789] 790 791 ... 4288