Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 798 799 [800] 801 802 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2006695 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #11985 on: March 29, 2019, 06:38:43 PM »

Many farmers here own water cannon - they're called center-pivot irrigators. 

Still don't picture vegans getting beyond the yelling and placard waving stage.

Just tell me Ms. Bambi didn't hit both Tombstone AND Deadwood.   I'm 30 minutes from the latter, and it's definitely a third rate tourist trap.  All the restaurants serve supersalty food so you'll drink more and then gamble more.   

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #11986 on: March 29, 2019, 06:43:17 PM »

"Deadwood" was a great show.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #11987 on: March 29, 2019, 06:44:14 PM »

Just tell me Ms. Bambi didn't hit both Tombstone AND Deadwood.   I'm 30 minutes from the latter, and it's definitely a third rate tourist trap.  All the restaurants serve supersalty food so you'll drink more and then gamble more.   

She stayed with a nice lady in Tucson, who took her to see Tombstone, a Mission church, other sights of Tucson and attended a Native American Pow Wow.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 06:53:38 PM by arafura »

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #11988 on: March 29, 2019, 06:52:35 PM »

Speaking of guns, and gun laws...
There's been drama...

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/thats-the-truth-why-australias-gun-laws-matter-to-the-nra/ar-BBVm8C8?li=AAgfLCP&OCID=AVRES000

"That's the truth." Why Australia's gun laws matter to the NRA.

© socialOne Nation members James Ashby and Steve Dickson were filmed discussing weakening Australia’s gun laws with funding from the NRA.

After every mass shooting in the United States, the narrative plays out the same way.

Many people cry out for changes to America’s gun laws.
Many others shout that guns don’t kill people, people kill people. Oh, and have you heard of the second amendment?

Those who want gun laws say that change can make a difference. Without the guns, there would be less opportunity to kill in such large numbers. They point to another country that successfully transformed its gun legislation: Australia.

And it is that example that may be the reason powerful American gun lobby the National Rifle Association (NRA) bothered to meet with One Nation’s James Ashby and Steve Dickson – a meeting that rocked Australian politics when it was revealed by an Al Jazeera investigation this week.

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #11989 on: March 29, 2019, 07:34:20 PM »

When I hear 'Deadwood' the first thing I think of is 'Calamity Jane'.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11990 on: March 29, 2019, 07:45:35 PM »

She stayed with a nice lady in Tucson, who took her to see Tombstone, a Mission church, other sights of Tucson and attended a Native American Pow Wow.
They sell great fry bread outside of San Xavier del Bac.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11991 on: March 29, 2019, 07:49:50 PM »

Attacking vegans?

Stop with the tofullery.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11992 on: March 29, 2019, 07:50:21 PM »

Seemed like real history.

They did their jobs, then.

But while the west was wild, wild, the movies are not a good depiction of it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11993 on: March 29, 2019, 07:51:55 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11994 on: March 29, 2019, 08:36:32 PM »

News Item

U.S. stocks notched their biggest quarterly gains in nearly a decade, lifted by bets that central banks would hold interest rates at low levels as global growth slows.

barton

« Reply #11995 on: March 29, 2019, 08:53:42 PM »

Attacking vegans?

Stop with the tofullery.

haha!  Both sides will meat in the middle when they stop lamb-asting each other. 

oilcan

« Reply #11996 on: March 29, 2019, 09:01:03 PM »

Meat ranchers won't be doing a brisk(et) business, soy they say.  I ham pretty certain that we all have a steak in a future with less meat.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11997 on: March 29, 2019, 09:31:25 PM »

News Item

U.S. stocks notched their biggest quarterly gains in nearly a decade, lifted by bets that central banks would hold interest rates at low levels as global growth slows.

And as US growth slows.

But why mention that?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11998 on: March 29, 2019, 10:33:35 PM »

News Item

All is fine...

A senior White House official has called on the Federal Reserve to slash rates by half a percentage point, citing low inflation and slowing growth overseas.

Larry Kudlow, the director of the president’s National Economic Council said the US central bank had tightened policy too much and should act on rates immediately, adding that it should also cease shrinking its balance sheet.

“The economy looks fundamentally quite healthy; we just don’t want that threat,” Mr Kudlow told CNBC. “There’s no inflation out there, so I think the Fed’s actions were probably overdone.”

https://www.ft.com/content/5262b234-5254-11e9-b401-8d9ef1626294
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #11999 on: March 29, 2019, 10:37:55 PM »

Meat ranchers won't be doing a brisk(et) business, soy they say.  I ham pretty certain that we all have a steak in a future with less meat.

Pig farmers will likely be next .. the vegan protesters are global.
'Terrorists' they could be called.

An Australian animal activist gaining global attention has slammed farmers for labelling trespassing vegans as terrorists.
This is despite a farmer who was targeted last week saying he feared for his life.

“Some people that we have spoken to term it as almost a form of terrorism,” activist Joey Carbstrong said.

“The word terrorism implies someone is being terrorised and those activists are trying to stop animals from being literally butchered against their will, so who is the real terrorist here?”

#####

US pig and cattle farmers got a plan?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 10:39:37 PM by arafura »
Pages: 1 ... 798 799 [800] 801 802 ... 4288