Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 823 824 [825] 826 827 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1595311 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #12360 on: April 08, 2019, 12:47:06 AM »

But still no fence around your toilet. Strange.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12361 on: April 08, 2019, 12:50:28 AM »

You're trying to tell me that CO2 is destroying the planet...when it's not a pollutant, is only 0.04% of the atmosphere, and only 3% of that CO2 is man-made.
No1 radio host and arafura-ilk are not buying what you're selling.
We reckon [man-made] "climate change" is a hoax.

Thank you for illustrating my point perfectly.

Try breathing CO2 and telling me whether it's healthy for you.

Where something is determines what level of hazard it represents. There are many things with a concentration lower than CO2's that can do a lot more harm to you than that.

You and your ilk, in your aggressive ignorance, have a good chance of destroying human civilization more than the CO2 will. You're so sure that the thousands of scientists who disagree with your position are trying to pull one over on your plucky billionaires and the oh-so-wise radio hosts of the world.

The reasoning about man's contribution to the total CO2 being too small to matter has been smashed flat for more than a decade. Here's one approachable article on the topic, but I doubt you will believe it - like I said, if it disagrees with your beloved ex-radio host, you cannot accept it.
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn11638-climate-myths-human-co2-emissions-are-too-tiny-to-matter/

It's a wonder you ever take a vaccine.

I have every vaccine going.

But why?

Why do you think the atmospheric scientists are engaged in a hoax/conspiracy, but the vaccine scientists aren't? Or the flight scientists? Or the elevator folks or the automobile folks?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #12362 on: April 08, 2019, 03:10:38 AM »

You're trying to tell me that CO2 is destroying the planet...when it's not a pollutant, is only 0.04% of the atmosphere, and only 3% of that CO2 is man-made.
No1 radio host and arafura-ilk are not buying what you're selling.
We reckon [man-made] "climate change" is a hoax.

Thank you for illustrating my point perfectly.

Try breathing CO2 and telling me whether it's healthy for you.

Where something is determines what level of hazard it represents. There are many things with a concentration lower than CO2's that can do a lot more harm to you than that.

You and your ilk, in your aggressive ignorance, have a good chance of destroying human civilization more than the CO2 will. You're so sure that the thousands of scientists who disagree with your position are trying to pull one over on your plucky billionaires and the oh-so-wise radio hosts of the world.

The reasoning about man's contribution to the total CO2 being too small to matter has been smashed flat for more than a decade. Here's one approachable article on the topic, but I doubt you will believe it - like I said, if it disagrees with your beloved ex-radio host, you cannot accept it.
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn11638-climate-myths-human-co2-emissions-are-too-tiny-to-matter/

It's a wonder you ever take a vaccine.

I have every vaccine going.

But why?

Why do you think the atmospheric scientists are engaged in a hoax/conspiracy, but the vaccine scientists aren't? Or the flight scientists? Or the elevator folks or the automobile folks?

Maybe not a deliberate hoax/conspiracy...but it could be...why?  to push their beliefs onto everyone else.
"It will never rain again, we must build a desalination plant." for example.
The science is not settled...many scientists don't believe in it all.
"A climate emergency"! "We must close down all the coal-fired power stations now!"
"We must have electric cars, 50% by 2030!"

My Prime Minister; "You can't tow your boat with them", "You can't tow your caravan with them", "Put them all on chargers and the power grid will close down and we'll all be in the dark"

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #12363 on: April 08, 2019, 03:14:01 AM »

But still no fence around your toilet. Strange.

Given a chance I'd build one around my home in the complex...let's see the bad people rob me [or worse] then.
Gotta love physical barriers.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 03:25:11 AM by arafura »

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #12364 on: April 08, 2019, 03:20:19 AM »

A Vegan young woman just rang the FM radio and said [FM station was taking a poll on vegans, meat lovers, and protests];

"Doing nothing would be like a bystander at the Holocaust".

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12365 on: April 08, 2019, 08:53:14 AM »

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/immigration/article228933679.html

The Trump administration refused three US Reps - Congresswomen - IMMEDIATE admission to a child detention center, illegally.

Fixed.

"Lawmakers are a regular presence at the Homestead facility....."

Yes.  After they give proper notice.

barton

« Reply #12366 on: April 08, 2019, 09:29:29 AM »

vegan - one who doesn't eat animal-derived protein

Vegan - extraterrestrial whose homeworld orbits the star known as Vega, in the constellation of Lyra

Case choice is important!

barton

« Reply #12367 on: April 08, 2019, 10:04:37 AM »

NEW YORK (AP) — Not everyone was amused by the John Oliver send-up of a picture book by the wife and daughter of Vice President Mike Pence.

“Last Week Tonight With John Oliver Presents A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo,” in which the Pence’s family bunny turns out to be gay, was among the books most objected to in 2018 at the country’s public libraries. The best-selling parody ranked No. 2 on the list of “challenged” books compiled by the American Library Association, with some complaining about its gay-themed content and political viewpoint.   

https://apnews.com/1fc1924b054549c3894335fde180f856

oilcan

« Reply #12368 on: April 08, 2019, 01:36:44 PM »

“The Senate grappled with this question in the very first Congress when it ordered George Washington to send nominations to the Hill at a reasonable pace,” said Paul Light, a professor of public service at New York University who has written extensively on the appointment process. “Senators rightly worried that presidents might use acting appointees to evade oversight and institutional prerogatives. Yet, we haven’t heard a word from the Senate on the Trump administration’s abuse of its acting authority.”

Justice Clarence Thomas argued in a concurring opinion in a 2017 case that there was seemingly no constitutional basis for having “acting” cabinet members and that there needed to be limits on a president’s power to fill the highest positions without Senate confirmation.
  - NYT, "Another Day, Another Acting Cabinet Secretary...."

Once in a while, ol' Clarence surprises me.  Maybe people do grow into those robes.

oilcan

« Reply #12369 on: April 08, 2019, 01:39:41 PM »

NEW YORK (AP) — Not everyone was amused by the John Oliver send-up of a picture book by the wife and daughter of Vice President Mike Pence.

“Last Week Tonight With John Oliver Presents A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo,” in which the Pence’s family bunny turns out to be gay, was among the books most objected to in 2018 at the country’s public libraries. The best-selling parody ranked No. 2 on the list of “challenged” books compiled by the American Library Association, with some complaining about its gay-themed content and political viewpoint.   

https://apnews.com/1fc1924b054549c3894335fde180f856

The problem with these shrill prigs who object to library books like that is that a lot of people like me are then way more interested in reading the "challenged" book than previously.  To try and censor something is basically to promote it. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12370 on: April 08, 2019, 02:12:05 PM »

Pretty sure they are not concerned with "people like you" reading this book.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12371 on: April 08, 2019, 02:29:46 PM »

Pretty sure they are not concerned with "people like you" reading this book.

Yeah Kid. They are more concerned that reading the book will stop readers from turning into people like you. They are worried about being left with no constituency for their bad ideas.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #12372 on: April 08, 2019, 02:34:53 PM »

Vegan...
Veganism is the practice of abstaining from the use of animal products, particularly in diet, and an associated philosophy that rejects the commodity status of animals. A follower of the diet or the philosophy is known as a vegan.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/vegans-hit-queensland-abattoir-as-major-day-of-protests-begins/news-story/12bffb34cc01f00997021055c8c6d79c

Placards;

'SOS
Animal Emergency
Climate Emergency'

Nice leather boots some of the protesters were wearing.
They could've been plastic [oh dear], but they looked like leather.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/money/consumer/2019/04/08/vegan-animal-activists-protest/

Melbourne’s Sea Life aquarium was also targeted on Monday, with more than 50 protesters gathered outside the popular tourist spot.
Some chained themselves together to show their objection to what they described as a for-profit business imprisoning animals for entertainment.

#####

Then they mentioned something about "fish being better off in the wild", and "dogs and cats" or "domestic pets" I just missed exactly what they said..."should be in the wild".
Enough anyway for mrs arafura to turn to our dog and say "what about that, ………, would you like to be out there in the wild"?

What next, Vegans invading my home, kidnapping my dog and releasing it into the wild?
They kidnapped a goat of calf off a farm ..tv showed video of it all, two of them carried it away and put it in the back of an SUV.

Where are my Colt 45s?
A sitting duck again.

American men would be able to protect their dogs from being kidnapped.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 02:41:56 PM by arafura »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12373 on: April 08, 2019, 03:04:58 PM »

Yeah, that's you all over, Bambi.

Condemning people for hypocrisy on the basis of your judgment alone, rather than any facts.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #12374 on: April 08, 2019, 03:23:39 PM »

Yeah, that's you all over, Bambi.

Condemning people for hypocrisy on the basis of your judgment alone, rather than any facts.

Oh and they arrived in petrol or diesel driven vans etc...then held up 'Climate Emergency' signs.
Plastic is now 'evil'.
They should've walked, or cycled, barefoot.
Rubber thongs [flip flops] would've been acceptable.
Pages: 1 ... 823 824 [825] 826 827 ... 4288