Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 852 853 [854] 855 856 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1596116 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #12795 on: April 19, 2019, 12:12:07 PM »

I still think a huge issue is the Moscow Trump Tower deal.  Trump lied about not having business contacts with Russia, Putin and the Russkies knew the US President was lying, and therefore had something on him.  Trump was hoping to make well over $100M on such a Moscow deal, so was conciliatory towards Russia and constantly praised Putin.  Some underlings were even contemplating giving Putin a $50M bribe apartment gratis.  When US foreign policy is being run so that the President can cash in, that is Huge Corruption.  As well as letting a foreign enemy country have blackmail info on the President.

I know there's lots to muell over right now, but I wouldn't lose track of the Russian Trump Tower negotiations.

Mueller on the Moscow Tower deal:

Under these terms, the Trump Organization stood to earn substantial sums over the lifetime of the project, without assuming significant liabilities or financing commitments

In other words, it was a bribe.  And Mueller comes as close as he can to say that here, without making an outright declaration because he didn't connect every dot he would have needed to do so.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12796 on: April 19, 2019, 12:35:24 PM »

It has nothing to do with Trump.  It is about the absolute stupidity of the democrats.

Forget the multiple indictments (and 12 of 14 referred criminal prosecutions still sealed), attempted criminality (if not successful) and the lie after lie the Mueller Report exposed...after Benghazi(!) Fast and Furious(!) Solyndra(!) and the Nunes Memo(!) even if the Mueller Report had come up empty REDSTATEWARD, Republicans are in no position to point fingers at anyone else's "stupidity."

10 instances of Obstruction of Justice committed by Donald Trump.  10.  But "it has nothing to do with Trump."

The ability of the Trumpists to warp their own perceived reality so that the man they worship may remain angelic is actually impressive.  The one thing about their intellectual capacity that is.
Your response had no relevance to my post. You might want to go back and read it.

He was probably still responding to me

We look alike to him

heh

barton

« Reply #12797 on: April 19, 2019, 12:41:24 PM »

Kristol. like so many others, doesnt like this president as a person.  Thinks he is a crass, bullying blowhard.

That's fine.

But maybe Bill should start opining on the job performance rather than the appearance of our leader.

I like Bill.  I am tolerating him, waiting on him at this time.

The Mueller Report documents multiple instances of attempted obstruction and collusion with a hostile foreign power to influence the election; a profile of an Administration unparalleled in its willingness to lie and in its complete disdain for the rule of law. 

And in this context kiidcarter8 still thinks any objection to Trump as President of the United States must be based on his "appearance."

kiidcarter8, if I knew you, you would be the stupidest person I have ever met.  Don't know how else to say it.

Has to be trolling us.  How on earth does anyone get "on appearance" from the myriad of facts about presidential conduct posted here?  The insinuation is ridiculous:  that anyone who objects to being lied to, or objects to corrupt dealings, has no more factual basis for an opinion than someone who doesn't like a hairdo. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12798 on: April 19, 2019, 01:00:05 PM »

Kristol. like so many others, doesnt like this president as a person.  Thinks he is a crass, bullying blowhard.

That's fine.

But maybe Bill should start opining on the job performance rather than the appearance of our leader.

I like Bill.  I am tolerating him, waiting on him at this time.

He's opined plenty on the job "performance" of the president. And the report is about a couple aspects of the job performance of the president - protecting this country from its enemies, like Russia, for one. Upholding the Constitution for another.

YOU might consider answering his question:
 “But, having read the report, do you have no qualms about deciding this man deserves our party’s renomination as president?”
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12799 on: April 19, 2019, 01:06:13 PM »

YES.  If he has no challengers who can win.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12800 on: April 19, 2019, 01:08:10 PM »

I sometimes have opinions on Dem candidates.  Who do you see on the Republican side that could seriously challenge for the nomination?  Or do you just want to stand by, "How could he be the nominee?" without giving alternatives?

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #12801 on: April 19, 2019, 01:27:04 PM »

It has nothing to do with Trump.  It is about the absolute stupidity of the democrats.

Forget the multiple indictments (and 12 of 14 referred criminal prosecutions still sealed), attempted criminality (if not successful) and the lie after lie the Mueller Report exposed...after Benghazi(!) Fast and Furious(!) Solyndra(!) and the Nunes Memo(!) even if the Mueller Report had come up empty REDSTATEWARD, Republicans are in no position to point fingers at anyone else's "stupidity."

10 instances of Obstruction of Justice committed by Donald Trump.  10.  But "it has nothing to do with Trump."

The ability of the Trumpists to warp their own perceived reality so that the man they worship may remain angelic is actually impressive.  The one thing about their intellectual capacity that is.
Your response had no relevance to my post. You might want to go back and read it.

We look alike to him

heh

The post on my response was relevant to was quoted at the start. 

This is how these fora typically work.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #12802 on: April 19, 2019, 01:30:27 PM »

I sometimes have opinions on Dem candidates.  Who do you see on the Republican side that could seriously challenge for the nomination?  Or do you just want to stand by, "How could he be the nominee?" without giving alternatives?

It was always in the power of establishment Republicans, from the very start, to treat Trump's inability to defend the constitution and the rule of law as disqualifying.  Withdraw your support, and a credible challenger will emerge.

Republicans have not done this because it reduces the chance that they beat the Democrat in November, so they have put party (and thus Tax Cuts) over the health of our Democracy.

Their calculation that they will pay no electoral price for their priorities isn't looking good. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12803 on: April 19, 2019, 01:49:42 PM »

Job performance!!!!!

Syphilis and measles are way up. Crop rot, hate crimes, and embezzlement are way up. It only cost us the rule of law, global security, and our standing in the world. What a job! What a performance!

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #12804 on: April 19, 2019, 02:12:57 PM »

We look alike to him

heh

LOL

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12805 on: April 19, 2019, 02:14:32 PM »

We look alike to him

heh

This is how these fora typically work.
When Red has no substantive response to your point he tells you something like 'you may want to read my post." This is how THIS forum typically works.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12806 on: April 19, 2019, 02:41:02 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #12807 on: April 19, 2019, 05:23:00 PM »

Marco Rubio of Florida can run for President, with Gordon Smith of Oregon as Vice President.

Marco can run as a pro-business Republcian who is against building a wall and who is for making our immigrants legal like Reagan did, Marco can be a pro-Latino candidate.

Marco is also aware of the damage being done by our current trade deal with China, he knows that we need to make a whole new trade deal with China. China needs to buy our stuff. The Chinese will love Kentucky Bourbon and California wine and cheese, and Florida orange juice, etc.

And I think that Marco is pro-union, and that is awesome, I love the unions. As the new immigrants come to the USA the unions can tell them where the jobs are, rebuilding areas devastated by fires, and hurricanes, and floods, and also working in the fields and working at the vineyards, and jobs for nurses, etc, etc, etc.

Those are a few thoughts about a potential Republican candidate.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12808 on: April 19, 2019, 06:13:47 PM »

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Bill Weld is gonna give Trump a pain in his ass. He’s funny, doesn’t give a shit and can talk circles around the Donald. Can he eat him for the nom8nation? Who cares?

He’ll  make Trump work through a primary burning resources and money. Don’t get too smug too soon. If there’s one challenger there’ll be more.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12809 on: April 19, 2019, 06:27:27 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 852 853 [854] 855 856 ... 4288