Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 861 862 [863] 864 865 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2004406 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #12930 on: April 22, 2019, 10:49:04 PM »

Watched the Klobuchar town hall.  She is impressive.

Skipping Warren for now.

Figures...
Warren is being skipped by most democrats.

I don’t care as long her policy proposals get through... and they will.
Which ones? Transferring $ 1.5 Trillion of student loan defaults to taxpayers due to the ignorance of Obama? Criminalizing every banker in the US?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12931 on: April 22, 2019, 10:49:20 PM »

Trump denies anyone refused an order, of course.  You have this to contend with.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #12932 on: April 22, 2019, 11:16:54 PM »

Trump denies anyone refused an order, of course.  You have this to contend with.

Under oath?  No?  He refused to testify under oath?  Oh.

Yes, how does one contend with a serial liar motivated to lie.  That is a puzzle.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #12933 on: April 22, 2019, 11:18:59 PM »

Skipping Warren for now.

Figures...

I don’t care as long her policy proposals get through... and they will.
Which ones? Transferring $ 1.5 Trillion of student loan defaults to taxpayers due to the ignorance of Obama? Criminalizing every banker in the US?

I like Warren but I agree. I do have deep concerns about her proposal to criminalize banking.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #12934 on: April 22, 2019, 11:36:57 PM »

Besides being fingerprinted by Customs when she arriving in USA recently, mrs arafura also had a facial scan recorded.
USA has the right idea, fingerprint and facial scan everyone...to keep America/ns safe.

oilcan

« Reply #12935 on: April 23, 2019, 12:20:29 AM »

When I think of modern US financial institutions, I think of Marx's phrase,

"necromancy that surrounds the products of labour"

Warren is a candidate where you have to look past the slogans.   

I like Booker for his passion about one of America's greatest problems:  affordable housing. 

oilcan

« Reply #12936 on: April 23, 2019, 12:23:54 AM »

But Kiiid - false equivalence, much?

Look for when Obama's people talked him out of ILLEGAL actions. And more to the point, simply refused to follow orders that they knew were wrong. Even they knew the orders were wrong.

Happy hunting. Wake me when you are ready to admit that you found nothing.     

You will sleep well tonight. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12937 on: April 23, 2019, 01:04:21 AM »

No, I don't.

Trump lies without thinking, most of the time. Sometimes he stops to think about it, then lies.

That you keep defending that giant turd in the White House says would say tons about you, but for the fact that your ongoing endorsement of cruelty to children has already said everything that needed saying.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12938 on: April 23, 2019, 01:09:29 AM »

Skipping Warren for now.

Figures...

Everybody is being skipped by most democrats, you ass!

Such a fatuous statement. There are 19 candidates. Jeb Bush was your candidate at this point in 2016.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12939 on: April 23, 2019, 01:12:38 AM »

But Kiiid - false equivalence, much?

Look for when Obama's people talked him out of ILLEGAL actions. And more to the point, simply refused to follow orders that they knew were wrong. Even they knew the orders were wrong.

Happy hunting. Wake me when you are ready to admit that you found nothing.     

You will sleep well tonight.

And for the rest of my life, if that is the standard.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12940 on: April 23, 2019, 01:42:54 AM »

Skipping Warren for now.

Figures...

Such a fatuous statement. There are 19 candidates. Jeb Bush was your candidate at this point in 2016.

A year and a half before the election and already folks are in horse race mode...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12941 on: April 23, 2019, 02:04:19 AM »

Skipping Warren for now.

Figures...

A year and a half before the election and already folks are in horse race mode...

It's Ward. He's in horse's ass mode, 24/7.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12942 on: April 23, 2019, 02:10:08 AM »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/apr/22/us-un-resolution-rape-weapon-of-war-veto

Speaking of horse's asses and amoral hypocrites, I offer you the United States and the Trump administration. Again.

US threatens to veto UN resolution on rape as weapon of war, officials say
Exclusive: US warns it will reject measure over language on sexual health in latest example of hardline abortion stance

But the draft resolution has already been stripped of one of its most important elements, the establishment of a formal mechanism to monitor and report atrocities, because of opposition from the US, Russia and China, which opposed creating a new monitoring body.

Even after the formal monitoring mechanism was stripped from the resolution, the US was still threatening to veto the watered-down version, because it includes language on victims’ support from family planning clinics. In recent months, the Trump administration has taken a hard line, refusing to agree to any UN documents that refer to sexual or reproductive health, on grounds that such language implies support for abortions. It has also opposed the use of the word “gender”, seeking it as a cover for liberal promotion of transgender rights.

They mean "seeing it as cover" in the last line.

But I love that the US has joined Russia and China to block monitoring of atrocities. It's not just that the US doesn't want a new monitoring agency, but that they won't let the monitoring agencies that already exist do their job.

We live in a rogue nation, folks, that prefers to let rapists get away rather than risk that a raped woman might get an abortion or that a United States soldier who rapes somebody get caught by and tried by an international body, rather than getting away with it in the good old U. S. of A.

It makes me sick.

And that there are so many who thinks this is a good policy makes me sicker.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12943 on: April 23, 2019, 09:47:08 AM »

Skipping Warren for now.

Figures...

Well, the candidates cannot win it now, but they certainly can lose it.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12944 on: April 23, 2019, 09:48:31 AM »

"Everybody is being skipped by most Democrats"

Not sure what this means.  Do they all have their mind made up already on their primary vote?
Pages: 1 ... 861 862 [863] 864 865 ... 4288