Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 878 879 [880] 881 882 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1601817 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #13185 on: April 29, 2019, 09:55:32 AM »

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/wisconsin-michigan-pennsylvania-election-hillary-clinton-hacked-manipulated-donald-trump-swing-a7433091.html

What if this were demonstrated to be true beyond a reasonable doubt?

What should the government's response be?
Notice the dateline

Wednesday 23 November 2016

Yes.

Now answer the question.
The question was never asked.

barton

« Reply #13186 on: April 29, 2019, 10:01:09 AM »

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/apr/29/why-have-americas-black-farmers-disappeared

Inspiring story about one farmer, hanging in there and helping others keep land. 

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #13187 on: April 29, 2019, 10:38:10 AM »

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/wisconsin-michigan-pennsylvania-election-hillary-clinton-hacked-manipulated-donald-trump-swing-a7433091.html

Notice the dateline

Yes.

Now answer the question.

Here's a question:

Question:  Isn’t it on the beneficiary of Russian interference to come out and say publicly “I don’t want the help, its counter to our democratic interests, and I will in no way use or reference material stolen by Russia, or reward their meddling once in office.”
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

oilcan

« Reply #13188 on: April 29, 2019, 12:58:28 PM »

There are questions going back to Plato and then forward to Kant, Hegel, Locke, Nietzsche, Marx, et al as to what is just and moral and what makes for a good society.  I've never seen Ward deal with any of them, because they involve questioning one's starting premises.  He's got one answer to all questions:

Because I got my tax break. 

Self-serving capitalism has no interest in the big questions of life and human values.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #13190 on: April 29, 2019, 01:21:17 PM »

Trump changes his mind in the right direction, for a change.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/26/politics/donald-trump-measles-vaccines/

Has always been in favor of vaccines and is now appropriately advising that those not vaccinated AT ALL get it done.

You need to better inform yourself about the man you worship, kiidcarter8.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-donald-trump-repeatedly-claim-vaccines-cause-autism-they-dont/

Its right in the article.  Vaccinate in smaller doses.

Such bullshit.  The "President" repeats long discredited lies about the dangers of vaccination and tells people they should get them in doses too small to be effective...but other than that he is totally in favor of them.

And now we face the largest outbreak of measles we have had, with an outbreak over 22 states, and you can trace a direct line of responsibility to Trump.

But you keep your flame for him burning.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #13191 on: April 29, 2019, 01:31:40 PM »

There are questions going back to Plato and then forward to Kant, Hegel, Locke, Nietzsche, Marx, et al as to what is just and moral and what makes for a good society.  I've never seen Ward deal with any of them, because they involve questioning one's starting premises.  He's got one answer to all questions:

Because I got my tax break. 

Self-serving capitalism has no interest in the big questions of life and human values.

It isn't only a moral question about human values.  It is 100% pertinent to the question of whether or not anyone who cares about our Democracy should support having Trump in office.

We know an attack is coming in 2020.  We know that elections systems were successfully hacked in 2016.  It is a real possibility that the Russians will build on that success in a way that influences the vote outcome (if they did not already do that 3 years ago.)

And yet our "President" says nothing publicly, refuses to even discuss the issue in private, while his minions play down the scope of the Russia threat after the Mueller Report reveals that Trump did everything in his power to prevent a full accounting of it.  And then Republicans in congress cut off the meager funding they were providing the States to hold off this attack.

How can any thinking person draw any conclusion other than Trump welcoming the coming attack on our Democracy because it will be an effort to help him win?  How can we possibly allow him to retain power knowing this is true?

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13192 on: April 29, 2019, 01:48:42 PM »

Notice the dateline

Yes.

Now answer the question.
I guess Red is technicality correct. "The" question was never asked. Two of them were.

Notice those squiggles above the periods, Red? Those are called "question marks" and generally Indians* are the sentence is what we refer to as a "question." Glad to have been of assistance.

*Indicates.  I post in the baseball forum too much.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13193 on: April 29, 2019, 02:36:34 PM »

Notice the dateline

Yes.

Now answer the question.
I guess Red is technicality correct. "The" question was never asked. Two of them were.

Notice those squiggles above the periods, Red? Those are called "question marks" and generally Indians* are the sentence is what we refer to as a "question." Glad to have been of assistance.

There was no question posed in the cited article.
 But the text made Josh’s musings moot.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13194 on: April 29, 2019, 02:42:50 PM »

Notice the dateline

Yes.

Now answer the question.

Gee, you quoted my question and you still think it wasn't asked?

Answer the queston: if it had been demonstrably proven beyond a reasonable doubt, what should the government have done about it?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13195 on: April 29, 2019, 02:49:17 PM »

https://thebulwark.com/if-hillary-clinton-doesnt-shut-up-shell-re-elect-trump/

An article by the former Tucker Carlson panelist who once wrote "Clinton's strength is her strength" and who authored "Obama spinning toward a loss."

Now there is a source to be taken seriously!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13196 on: April 29, 2019, 03:14:38 PM »

Notice the dateline

Yes.

Now answer the question.

There was no question posed in the cited article.
That's intellectually dishonest, even for you.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #13197 on: April 29, 2019, 03:17:05 PM »

Just the most recent of Trump's lies:

"The baby is born; the mother meets with the doctor. They take care of the baby. They wrap the baby beautifully. Then the doctor & mother determine whether or not they will execute the baby."

There is a quality to these lies that are really unbelievably bold.  Just like Trump's lies about vaccination...so detailed, so personal, like it actually happened to him or that he has seen it, and every word of it completely untrue. 

So many questions, so here is another that will go unanswered:  How can someone lie to you like this and still retain some credibility in your mind?  Or is it that you actually think what Trump is saying here is happening?

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #13198 on: April 29, 2019, 03:26:49 PM »

Just the most recent of Trump's lies:

"The baby is born; the mother meets with the doctor. They take care of the baby. They wrap the baby beautifully. Then the doctor & mother determine whether or not they will execute the baby."

There is a quality to these lies that are really unbelievably bold.  Just like Trump's lies about vaccination...so detailed, so personal, like it actually happened to him or that he has seen it, and every word of it completely untrue. 

So many questions, so here is another that will go unanswered:  How can someone lie to you like this and still retain some credibility in your mind?  Or is it that you actually think what Trump is saying here is happening?

On the subject:

But on April 26, just 226 days later, the president crossed the 10,000 mark — an average of nearly 23 claims a day in this seven-month period, which included the many rallies he held before the midterm elections, the partial government shutdown over his promised border wall and the release of the special counsel’s report on Russian interference in the presidential election.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/04/29/president-trump-has-made-more-than-false-or-misleading-claims/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.dd7107043adc

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13199 on: April 29, 2019, 03:46:52 PM »

Notice the dateline

Yes.

Now answer the question.

Gee, you quoted my question and you still think it wasn't asked?

Answer the queston: if it had been demonstrably proven beyond a reasonable doubt, what should the government have done about it?
That is a question for Hillary.
Pages: 1 ... 878 879 [880] 881 882 ... 4288