Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 893 894 [895] 896 897 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1603090 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #13411 on: May 05, 2019, 09:42:26 PM »

Quote from: NeedsAdjustments link=topic=55.msg89632#
Trump, according to REDSTATEWARD, does not have the power to prevent Mueller from testifying.  Let’s see how that works out.
I said No one has the power to prevent Mueller’s freedom of speech.
Meanwhile, it’s totally normal for Trump to want to shit up the author of the report that totally exonerated him. Totally makes sense.
Well except for the fact that the report is released with Trump warts and all

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #13412 on: May 06, 2019, 01:32:16 AM »

Don't ya just looove the 'climate change' brigade;

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/celebrity/emma-thompson-the-first-class-hypocrite-actress-is-pictured-dining-on-champagne-and-beef-in-%c2%a318000-personal-booth-on-carbon-spewing-ba-plane-jetting-to-new-york-days-after-lecturing-us-all-to-stop-flying/ar-AAAW09J?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

Emma Thompson the first-class hypocrite! Actress is pictured dining on champagne and beef in £18,000 personal booth on carbon-spewing BA plane jetting to New York days after lecturing us all to stop flying

Left-wing actress Dame Emma Thompson was branded a ‘first-class hypocrite’ last night after jetting to New York just days after backing climate protests that brought chaos to London.
The Jeremy Corbyn supporter took her personal booth in the luxury cabin of a British Airways flight from Heathrow to JFK on Friday morning after earlier demanding: ‘We should all fly less.’

First-class BA flights to New York cost up to £18,000 and generate nearly two tons of carbon dioxide – the main driver of climate change – for each passenger in the elite cabin.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 01:34:23 AM by arafura »

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13413 on: May 06, 2019, 01:57:53 AM »

Utterly absent from that article: any actual quote from Thompson that would make her a hypocrite. Just a chance to rail against a rich liberal.

Besides, she is my favorite filmed Beatrice so fuck off.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13414 on: May 06, 2019, 05:41:35 AM »

That was a good flick.

Blank sheet the airplane and it can still be made a much more efficient way to get around.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13415 on: May 06, 2019, 08:13:55 AM »

Utterly absent from that article: any actual quote from Thompson that would make her a hypocrite. Just a chance to rail against a rich liberal.

Here is the quote where she says she "flies economy".

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9006353/emma-thompson-gas-guzzling-flight-extinction-rebellion/

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #13416 on: May 06, 2019, 08:35:16 AM »

POTUS wants to muzzle the West Wing to keep the truth about obstruction attempts cocealed? No problem.

Actress flies in jet plane? Lock her up!

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #13417 on: May 06, 2019, 08:55:50 AM »

Here is the quote where she says she "flies economy".

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9006353/emma-thompson-gas-guzzling-flight-extinction-rebellion/
No, she said we should fly less. She still has to get home, right? From an environmental impact standpoint, it does not matter where she sits on the plane, or what she drinks, does it?

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #13418 on: May 06, 2019, 08:56:47 AM »

Quote from: NeedsAdjustments link=topic=55.msg89632#
Trump, according to REDSTATEWARD, does not have the power to prevent Mueller from testifying.  Let’s see how that works out.
I said No one has the power to prevent Mueller’s freedom of speech.
Meanwhile, it’s totally normal for Trump to want to shit up the author of the report that totally exonerated him. Totally makes sense.
Well except for the fact that the report is released with Trump warts and all

Trump, under cover of his Attorney General, is arguing that the report revealed no warts at all (a position a few Trumpists here happily repeated, one even in his signature.) More, he is using that argument to paint the report as a coup attempt that stole two years of his Presidency (but I thoughtit was the most productive in history...) and to justify “turning the tables” by investigating the investigators and unearthing the “Obama spied on us!” zombie.

Obviously Mueller testifying to what he actually found, which was a lot of evidence of collusion and obstruction which still for several reasons he can also testify did not lead to criminal charges, would take the air out of Trump’s false attacks.

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #13419 on: May 06, 2019, 09:07:43 AM »

That was a good flick.
Considering it cast a slab of human wood as the villain, and that while Dogberry is a thankless role no matter what you do with him Keaton was awful, and that the film decided the best way to show Benedick in love.was.to have him splash about in a fountain like he was in the world's most astonishingly miscast douche ad, and that the Hero/Claudio plot is revolting, pretty good.

Much Ado has been on stage almost continuously for over 420 years and literally no one goes to see it for its main plot.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 09:10:32 AM by whiskeypriest »

barton

« Reply #13420 on: May 06, 2019, 09:18:00 AM »

What's funny is someone thinking a filthy rich celeb somehow represents the ordinary conservation-minded person.  This negative and vacuous "we own the Libs" thing is tedious.  And much ado about...

barton

« Reply #13421 on: May 06, 2019, 09:51:59 AM »

SPOILER ALERT:   We can't all live like Emma Thompson...

https://apnews.com/aaf1091c5aae40b0a110daaf04950672

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #13422 on: May 06, 2019, 01:47:00 PM »

More than 370 former federal prosecutors who worked in Republican and Democratic administrations have signed on to a statement asserting special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s findings would have produced obstruction charges against President Trump — if not for the office he held.

The statement — signed by myriad former career government employees as well as high-profile political appointees — offers a rebuttal to Attorney General William P. Barr’s determination that the evidence Mueller uncovered was “not sufficient” to establish that Trump committed a crime.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-would-have-been-charged-with-obstruction-were-he-not-president-hundreds-of-former-federal-prosecutors-assert/2019/05/06/e4946a1a-7006-11e9-9f06-5fc2ee80027a_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.3afa807e6ab9
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #13423 on: May 06, 2019, 03:18:12 PM »

We need fair trade, if China will not buy our stuff, and if they will not behave properly on the issue of trade, then we need to turn their ships around and send their stuff back to them, and they can shove it up their asses. I have been talking about the issue of communist China for 30 years now, and it just keeps getting worse, I wanted to see the workers get paid fair and get treated well and I wanted for the Chinese to be able to afford to buy our stuff, but it just keeps getting worse, California has lost over 500,000 jobs to China alone, and it is not like the Chinese workers are benefiting, they are working like slaves. Now, it is time that the workers of China get rewarded for their hard work, and it is time that the Chinese start buying American products.

Trump is at least aware that our trade deals all suck, and he is aware that we need to balance trade with China. And really, I would turn the Chinese ships around and send the Chinese their stuff back, we can make it all ourselves, and we have Latin America to help us make stuff, and we have the Philippines as an ally, Latin America and the Philippines need jobs. Fuck China, I am tired of their bullshit.

https://ktla.com/2019/05/05/trump-tweets-that-china-tariffs-will-jump-to-25-this-week/

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #13424 on: May 06, 2019, 04:00:11 PM »

Most Americans take pride in our work, and it is not punishing the Chinese to make them buy our stuff.

The greed of the communist government is horrible. The Chinese government needs to allow the Chinese workers to form unions, and needs to allow them to collectively bargain for better wages and benefits, and for better working conditions, and for more time off to spend their hard earned money, etc. The Chinese government needs to act for the benefit of the people instead of being so greedy and corrupt. The Chinese need to grow their middle class, and they need to raise more people out of poverty, and they need to buy American products.

Doing these things would help the Chinese people, it would not be punishing them, and we could improve the whole world economy if we work together and stop being so damn greedy.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 893 894 [895] 896 897 ... 4288