Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 908 909 [910] 911 912 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1601401 times)

luee

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #13635 on: May 12, 2019, 11:11:36 AM »

Watch the new Allah Akbar flick Hotel Mumbai. Prims know how to do up a city.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

barton

« Reply #13636 on: May 12, 2019, 01:15:54 PM »

I employ hundreds of American workers. I’d hire more if not for Trump’s tariffs   

My family has been in the bicycle business since 1907, when my grandfather opened a bicycle-repair shop on New York’s Lower East Side. Eventually, in the 1950s, my father started a bicycle and bike accessories wholesaler, and today Kent International, Inc. is one of the largest suppliers of imported and American-made bicycles in the country. Over the generations, we’ve weathered all kinds of turns in the industry. But we’ve never dealt with anything like this: heavy tariffs on key commodities, announced with barely any notice....   

Today, our factory is responsible for more than half of the roughly 500,000 bicycles produced in the United States each year. Before President Trump’s trade war, we had plans to grow even further....   

Almost all of our parts are made in China: Saving money on their manufacture has enabled us to hire American workers and offer them good wages and excellent health benefits. We were already paying duties of 4 to 10 percent when the Trump administration announced in June 2018 that it would impose an additional 10 percent tariff on $200 billion worth of Chinese goods. We couldn’t simply shift and buy from makers in other countries. Our Chinese partners have decades of experience making the parts we need. We source very carefully, and we can’t afford to gamble on quality or safety.   

Then, last Sunday, Trump renewed his threat to increase tariffs to 25 percent in five days — a ridiculously short time frame that left us little time to react. The higher tariffs went into effect on Friday, after a last round of talks failed on Thursday night. I don’t belong to either political party, and I’ve voted for candidates from both. I understand very well that China has been cheating in all kinds of trade situations, from state subsidies to cybertheft. But when the government levies tariffs, we Americans are the ones who end up paying. In fact, the U.S. economy suffered a net loss of $7.8 billion last year because of the trade war, according to a recent National Bureau of Economic Research study. Workers in Republican counties have shouldered most of those costs, mostly in the form of retaliatory tariffs against the agricultural sector...   

The volatility caused by the trade war has thrown a wrench in my company’s domestic ambitions. Ever since our factory opened, I had planned to bring more phases of the manufacturing process home. We’d start by importing steel tubes and welding the bike frames ourselves; from there, we’d buy American steel and make the tubes. Our factory employs 125 people, but that could grow to 300, I thought: Eventually, we could build 1 million bicycles, right here in the United States. But Trump’s protectionist measures are getting in our way. We don’t plan to lay anyone off, but until the situation stabilizes and we have some clarity about our future, we’ll just continue buying bike frames from China...   

See rest at

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2019/05/08/i-employ-hundreds-american-workers-id-hire-more-if-not-trumps-tariffs/?utm_term=.a4085452085b

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13637 on: May 12, 2019, 02:10:29 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/celebrity/alyssa-milano-calls-for-sex-strike-ignites-social-media/ar-AABeKFY?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

Alyssa Milano calls for sex strike, ignites social media

#####

Too much killing of unborn babies as a form of contraception, time that was stopped.
If it has a heartbeat it's a baby...simples!

If felons cannot vote and the law makes miscarriage a felony, then it is easy to see what the goal is - if women oppose the GOP then let's cut down on the number of women who can vote.

You were and are a misogynist, Bambi.

The law is beyond illegal to cruel and classist.

The proof has been in (and posted here before): laws making abortions illegal don't decrease the number of abortions. They increase the number of injuries, illnesses, and deaths from abortions among the poor while making zero changes to the abortion habits of the wealthy.

The only things that have proven to be useful in reducing abortions are (a) reducing the incidence of sex, (b) reducing the fertility of the men and women in quesstion, and (c) increasing the availability of contraception.

No doubt you are opposed to the last of those. You are however in favor of the continued reduction in our fertility and elimination of humans on earth. And you clearly have no objection to having no further sex. We should let Mrs. Bambi know - I am sure she will be relieved.

Unfortunately, you continue to be in favor of allowing men to rape their wives, I am sure, as well as others.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13638 on: May 12, 2019, 02:12:25 PM »

https://www.climateliabilitynews.org/2019/05/10/necessity-defense-climate-change-activists/

This is the third incidence and second country in which the necessity defense has gotten a climate change activist found not guilty of a crime because the bigger problem is climate change.

It won't be the last.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #13639 on: May 12, 2019, 04:49:35 PM »

"When are we going to wake up to this absolute and utter crap [man-mad climate change]" - my no1 radio host just now.

"The globe heats up, the globe cools" -no 1 radio host.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #13640 on: May 12, 2019, 04:54:07 PM »

You and he will be dead before you learn that he's wrong.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #13641 on: May 12, 2019, 05:26:11 PM »

You and he will be dead before you learn that he's wrong.

He's not wrong.
Once upon a time you could walk from India to Australia [11% of the DNA of Australian Aborigines is Indian], until rising seas flooded the land bridge...'climate change'...no electric cars then.

I'll be dead before the 'climate change' kids realise they swallowed a Leftist/far-Leftist "redistribute the wealth"/"politics of envy"/"tax the rich"/"ruin the economy"/"100% renewables now"/"electric cars now"/"kill free speech downunder"/"kill the incentive to work hard and profit from that labour" hook.

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #13642 on: May 12, 2019, 05:40:19 PM »

Most of which seems to be lost on the Leftist/far Leftist federal Opposition party downunder that is on track to be elected to power next Saturday...LOL
Poor foolish voters.

. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
. You cannot help little men by tearing down big men.
. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
. You cannot establish sound security on borrowed money.
. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
. You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than you earn.
. You cannot build character and courage by destroying men's initiative and independence.
. And you cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they can and should do for themselves.

Rev William J. H. Boetcker…  [not Abraham Lincoln.]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_J._H._Boetcker

"Ever been employed by a poor man?" - no 1 radio host.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 06:08:44 PM by arafura »

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #13643 on: May 12, 2019, 06:01:49 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/celebrity/alyssa-milano-calls-for-sex-strike-ignites-social-media/ar-AABeKFY?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

#####

Too much killing of unborn babies as a form of contraception, time that was stopped.

If felons cannot vote and the law makes miscarriage a felony, then it is easy to see what the goal is - if women oppose the GOP then let's cut down on the number of women who can vote.

The proof has been in (and posted here before): laws making abortions illegal don't decrease the number of abortions. They increase the number of injuries, illnesses, and deaths from abortions among the poor while making zero changes to the abortion habits of the wealthy.

The only things that have proven to be useful in reducing abortions are (a) reducing the incidence of sex, (b) reducing the fertility of the men and women in quesstion, and (c) increasing the availability of contraception.

No doubt you are opposed to the last of those. You are however in favor of the continued reduction in our fertility and elimination of humans on earth. And you clearly have no objection to having no further sex. We should let Mrs. Bambi know - I am sure she will be relieved.

Unfortunately, you continue to be in favor of allowing men to rape their wives, I am sure, as well as others.

bambu-ilk demanded, and got, family planning centres. They've now been around for decades.

https://www.fpnsw.org.au/

Clinics everywhere...including rural areas;

Aboriginal Women's Clinics

Family Planning NSW Dubbo provides a safe and friendly environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women to talk to female doctors and nurses about women's business, including Cervical Screening Tests, STI checks, contraceptive advice, pregnancy advice, menopause and menstrual problems.

Aboriginal Women are encouraged to ring to make a booking or just drop in to speak to one of the staff.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #13644 on: May 12, 2019, 08:23:01 PM »

Here Bambu, if you want to survive and have freedom, then you need to have Spain and the Organization of Ibero American States as your allies, along with Italy, France, Portugal, Poland, the Philippines, and others.

https://www.oei.es/acercade/sedes

https://wiki2.org/en/Organization_of_Ibero-American_States

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monarchy_of_Spain

http://www.oas.org/en/about/who_we_are.asp

And of course Australia and the USA are great allies. Americans love the Australians.

We must also support a free and independent Taiwan.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 08:26:07 PM by FlyingVProd »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13645 on: May 12, 2019, 09:07:50 PM »

heh

slow Sunday

I figured things would start to heat up here around now

I guess licking wounds takes time

- or maybe campaign trail will start seeing more action.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Campaign Trail
« Reply #13646 on: May 12, 2019, 09:59:47 PM »

Marco Rubio of Florida as President, with Gordon Smith of Oregon as Vice President.

They can save the agriculture industry in the USA, and they would be good for America.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13647 on: May 12, 2019, 10:12:38 PM »

You are going to have to lick your own many self-inflicted wounds, Kid. Please be more careful in the future
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #13648 on: May 12, 2019, 11:19:19 PM »

We also have Greece, and Israel, on our team.

And many others.

Salute,

Tony V. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13649 on: May 12, 2019, 11:39:28 PM »

#####

bambu-ilk demanded, and got, family planning centres. They've now been around for decades.

Then what's your problem w/Milano, who is fighting for that same right against "men" who are trying to undo it?
Pages: 1 ... 908 909 [910] 911 912 ... 4288