Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 918 919 [920] 921 922 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583748 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #13785 on: May 15, 2019, 07:15:28 PM »

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2019/05/14/which-florida-counties-had-election-hacks-russians-fbi-and-now-gov-ron-desantis-all-know-but-we-dont/

Sure, the Russians are known to have hacked a couple counties in Florida, but the governor says he is sure no votes were altered and further, he is not allowed to disclose which ones.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #13786 on: May 15, 2019, 07:23:53 PM »

IMMIGRATION
Published 5 hours ago
Graham unveils bill to end asylum claims at US border, return minors to home countries

Not a big fan of LG but this makes sense.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/graham-unveils-bill-to-end-asylum-claims-at-us-border-return-unaccompanied-minors-to-home-countries.

It’s a bad plan that will fail and go nowhere. It is creepy and racist and betrays American values, so I see what you like about it.

Or a great way to end the invasion of the border/s and seal them.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #13787 on: May 15, 2019, 07:26:48 PM »

I have a friend who loves people, and he is a Christian and he wants to save every soul. He is disappointed because he lost a friend on Facebook over his political ideas.

My Mom always taught me when I was growing up that people are allowed to have their own opinions, and that is a great part of America, we are free to be ourselves.

And it is true that we need to be ourselves because everyone else is taken. Be yourself, this is America and you are free to have your own thoughts.

People who unfriend you over politics are missing out on what America is all about. What makes us great is that we are all free to be ourselves.

I have friends who are gay, I have friends who are communist, I have friends who are pagans, and in America they are all free to believe whatever they want.

By the way, I think Sabrina Cervantes is doing a great job for California, we may not agree on everything, but she is bringing jobs to California, and she is doing a great job.

Link...

https://a60.asmdc.org/

Salute,

Tony V.

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #13788 on: May 15, 2019, 07:27:26 PM »

Clearly this is an idea whose time has come!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-georgia-shooting/georgia-teacher-arrested-after-firing-gunshot-in-school-classroom-idUSKCN1GC2PG?fbclid=IwAR1C6JKaMOzFbh8TI_OWFkAbIJYN9D8blRHR8E8R0PJVVrNXY-p4duG2PXc

No guns for teachers!
Some teachers downunder are nutz! [maybe some in America too?]...who shouldn't be allowed within a mile of a gun.

Instead, time to introduce uncle bambu's school security measures.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13789 on: May 15, 2019, 07:35:43 PM »

Time for Bambu to wrap himself in bubble wrap and seal himself into a bunker. Don’t let the pesky internet spoil your repose.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #13790 on: May 15, 2019, 07:39:16 PM »

IMMIGRATION
Published 5 hours ago
Graham unveils bill to end asylum claims at US border, return minors to home countries

Not a big fan of LG but this makes sense.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/graham-unveils-bill-to-end-asylum-claims-at-us-border-return-unaccompanied-minors-to-home-countries.

It’s a bad plan that will fail and go nowhere. It is creepy and racist and betrays American values, so I see what you like about it.

Australia "turned back the boats"...no more asylum seekers rocking up on its shores.
America has 'no' boats arriving...but it does have 'caravans'.
"No asylum approval, no entry" should be the new rule.

First question on mrs bambu's recent US entry holiday travel application;

"Do you have a criminal record"?
Then a long list of other questions...and she was from a country where a visa is not required, just an approved E application.
She couldn't just waltz into America over the border, or fly in...without approval from the US govt.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13791 on: May 15, 2019, 07:57:32 PM »

Re:  "Republican screw ups"

Well... we got the important one right in 2016.

McCain couldnt get it done.  Mitt (who should have been nominated in '08) fell short in '12.

Got it right this time.  Nominated a guy/gal who could win.

Let's see if you guys can match.

No, Kiiid, you got it wrong.

This is what I mean about being unable to admit mistakes.

You will burn for your sins. Unfortunately, so will the rest of us.

I happen to think this presidency is going just fine.

You don't - because you think he is a loud mouth prick.

Open your mind to the state of the nation.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #13792 on: May 15, 2019, 08:04:00 PM »

I have been to France, and to Italy, and to Mexico. For Mexico I did not even need a passport. France never even asked to see my passport, and in Italy I had to have my passport stamped upon arrival and then stamped again upon departure. No forms were needed for any nation I have been to, and yes, I just waltzed in.

I guess in the future Europe will require everyone to get a travel visa, in 2021 I will have to go through a process to travel to Europe.

But right now I can just waltz into Europe, and I can go wherever I want. All that I need is my passport.

And I am allowed to own businesses in Italy, and real estate, and if I want to live in Italy I can get Italian citizenship easily, it is a piece of cake to get dual citizenship, but I still have to pay taxes to the USA regardless of where I do business.

Right now I want to go to Monaco, and I want to meet Charlotte Casiraghi, although, she comes to the USA often. I can just waltz into Monaco, no problem, I fly into Paris, switch planes and go to Nice, and then ride the train from Nice to Monaco. I have been to Nice when I went to the Cannes Film Festival, and I rode the train from Nice to Cannes, and that same train goes to Monaco.

I love that we are free to travel, and I love to travel and I love meeting new people and eating at new restaurants, and trying new foods, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #13793 on: May 15, 2019, 08:27:43 PM »

McCain couldnt get it done.  Mitt (who should have been nominated in '08) fell short in '12.

Red got a tax cut and you got a new car last year. Fine presidency!
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #13794 on: May 15, 2019, 08:33:48 PM »

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13795 on: May 15, 2019, 08:47:03 PM »

No, Kiiid, open your mind to what I am saying.

He is a loud mouthed prick. It's not why I think this presidency is going poorly. I thought Bill Clinton was a loud mouthed prick, too, if more cogent.

I think the refusal of this president to address Russian interference with our elections is terrible.

I think the failure of this president to even begin to the address global warming is criminal.

I think the active efforts of this president to unravel environmental protections is unconscionable.

I think the decisions of this president to undo decades of civil rights protections is evil.

I think the embrace of dictators and "strong men" leaders by this president is irresponsible.

I think the repeated undermining of our intelligence services, the FBI, and the news sources are revolting, uncalled for, and destructive of this country.

I think the verbiage and actions of this president that are tantamount to endorsement of white nationalism are hateful and incite violence against minorities, including (but not restricted to) Muslims and Jews.

Is that clear and specific enough for you, Kiiid?

Can you hear me now?!

To paraphrase you, "Open your mind to the state of the country and the world."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #13796 on: May 15, 2019, 09:17:51 PM »

I have been to France, and to Italy, and to Mexico. For Mexico I did not even need a passport. France never even asked to see my passport, and in Italy I had to have my passport stamped upon arrival and then stamped again upon departure. No forms were needed for any nation I have been to, and yes, I just waltzed in.

I guess in the future Europe will require everyone to get a travel visa, in 2021 I will have to go through a process to travel to Europe.

But right now I can just waltz into Europe, and I can go wherever I want. All that I need is my passport.

And I am allowed to own businesses in Italy, and real estate, and if I want to live in Italy I can get Italian citizenship easily, it is a piece of cake to get dual citizenship, but I still have to pay taxes to the USA regardless of where I do business.

Right now I want to go to Monaco, and I want to meet Charlotte Casiraghi, although, she comes to the USA often. I can just waltz into Monaco, no problem, I fly into Paris, switch planes and go to Nice, and then ride the train from Nice to Monaco. I have been to Nice when I went to the Cannes Film Festival, and I rode the train from Nice to Cannes, and that same train goes to Monaco.

I love that we are free to travel, and I love to travel and I love meeting new people and eating at new restaurants, and trying new foods, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

This is half+ all the trouble...people just allowed to go "waltzing matilda" into Europe etc wherever and whenever it suits them, no checking/ID much.
Maybe how France/Europe/London have been blown up many times.
I like America's system better, fingerprint and face scan all entrants.
Scan the passport and the approved E application will be on record.

You are Tony V...good guy...O happy days for Europe when you enter.

No checking...you could be Tony B...seriously bad guy...only bad days for Europe when he and his ilk enter.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13797 on: May 15, 2019, 09:28:10 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

This is half+ all the trouble...people just allowed to go "waltzing matilda" into Europe etc wherever and whenever it suits them, no checking/ID much.
Maybe how France/Europe/London have been blown up many times.
I like America's system better, fingerprint and face scan all entrants.
Scan the passport and the approved E application will be on record.

You are Tony V...good guy...O happy days for Europe when you enter.

No checking...you could be Tony B...seriously bad guy...only bad days for Europe when he and his ilk enter.

If I thought you cared about facts, I would suggest you look at the impact the migrants have had on the German economy.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13798 on: May 15, 2019, 11:12:15 PM »

https://twitter.com/RepRashida/status/1127759449526013953

"....the Congresswoman mentioned the role that Palestinians played in helping to provide a safe haven for Jewsih people following the tragedy of the Holocaust"

- Denzel McCampbell, Thalib communications director

How about the role Palestinians played in the ACTUAL Holocaust?

Yeah. How about the role Palestinians played in ACTUAL Holocaus?

http://time.com/4084301/hitler-grand-mufi-1941/

https://www.timesofisrael.com/full-official-record-what-the-mufti-said-to-hitler/

I know you won’t respond because that conservatives do, throw out some bullshit, get it knocked down but ignore the facts and then throw out more bullshit.

WTF is a mufti?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 918 919 [920] 921 922 ... 4288