Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 919 920 [921] 922 923 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584773 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #13801 on: May 16, 2019, 12:06:17 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13802 on: May 16, 2019, 12:48:49 AM »

Who says I ignored it?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13803 on: May 16, 2019, 01:12:04 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13805 on: May 16, 2019, 01:35:50 AM »

https://twitter.com/RepRashida/status/1127759449526013953

"....the Congresswoman mentioned the role that Palestinians played in helping to provide a safe haven for Jewsih people following the tragedy of the Holocaust"

- Denzel McCampbell, Thalib communications director

How about the role Palestinians played in the ACTUAL Holocaust?

Yeah. How about the role Palestinians played in ACTUAL Holocaus?

http://time.com/4084301/hitler-grand-mufi-1941/

https://www.timesofisrael.com/full-official-record-what-the-mufti-said-to-hitler/

I know you won’t respond because that conservatives do, throw out some bullshit, get it knocked down but ignore the facts and then throw out more bullshit.

WTF is a mufti?

There goes the rest of your credibility on international affairs or religious matters, not that there was much there to begin with.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #13806 on: May 16, 2019, 01:42:12 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/15/politics/trump-pardons-conrad-black-patrick-nolan/index.html

Donald’s subtle way of letting us know he expects to be indicted soon for more fraud and racketeering.

If he’s sure he’s that sloppy and dirty, I won’t argue with him.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13807 on: May 16, 2019, 01:47:13 AM »

"....the Congresswoman mentioned the role that Palestinians played in helping to provide a safe haven for Jewsih people following the tragedy of the Holocaust"

https://www.timesofisrael.com/full-official-record-what-the-mufti-said-to-hitler/

I know you won’t respond because that conservatives do, throw out some bullshit, get it knocked down but ignore the facts and then throw out more bullshit.

WTF is a mufti?

There goes the rest of your credibility on international affairs or religious matters, not that there was much there to begin with.

I considered a link for him to Just Fucking Google It (dot) com, but decided even that was a waste.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Re: Legislative Purpose
« Reply #13808 on: May 16, 2019, 06:34:03 AM »

Proposed: An act to compel the IRS to publish the federal tax returns of the President, Vice President, highest ranking member of every executive department, their immediate families, and any private entities in which any aforementioned party owns ownership stake as a majority or minority partner with or without operational control.

Questions for investigation and debate include what would it entail to give the public a full fair and accurate accounting of the personal financial interests influencing behavior and policy in the executive branch?

Is is sufficient to publish only those currently serving, or should the recent tax history of candidates and appointees prior to confirmation also be mandated?

Richard P. Feynman

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #13809 on: May 16, 2019, 08:14:56 AM »

Re:  "Republican screw ups"

Well... we got the important one right in 2016.

McCain couldnt get it done.  Mitt (who should have been nominated in '08) fell short in '12.

Got it right this time.  Nominated a guy/gal who could win.

Let's see if you guys can match.

No, Kiiid, you got it wrong.

This is what I mean about being unable to admit mistakes.

You will burn for your sins. Unfortunately, so will the rest of us.

I happen to think this presidency is going just fine.

You don't - because you think he is a loud mouth prick.

Open your mind to the state of the nation.

No, Kiiid, open your mind to what I am saying.

He is a loud mouthed prick. It's not why I think this presidency is going poorly. I thought Bill Clinton was a loud mouthed prick, too, if more cogent.

I think the refusal of this president to address Russian interference with our elections is terrible.

I think the failure of this president to even begin to the address global warming is criminal.

I think the active efforts of this president to unravel environmental protections is unconscionable.

I think the decisions of this president to undo decades of civil rights protections is evil.

I think the embrace of dictators and "strong men" leaders by this president is irresponsible.

I think the repeated undermining of our intelligence services, the FBI, and the news sources are revolting, uncalled for, and destructive of this country.

I think the verbiage and actions of this president that are tantamount to endorsement of white nationalism are hateful and incite violence against minorities, including (but not restricted to) Muslims and Jews.

Is that clear and specific enough for you, Kiiid?

Can you hear me now?!

To paraphrase you, "Open your mind to the state of the country and the world."

I respect the effort.  And could add considerably to your list.  But the fact is, we post substantive critiques of this "President" on this forum every day.  kiidcarter8, because he likes the racism, the homophobia, and the anti-abortion judges, has decided that those critiques have no merit.  Not because he can disqualify them with facts.  Just because.

And I have no issue, for the record, with Presidents being loud-mouthed pricks if they can back it up (ie. Teddy Roosevelt) when their words are ones of conviction, and when people address them with respect because they come from a person they respect.

Trump's loud words are hot air and lies, which not only our international opponents but even his own people ignore.  As David Frum wrote recently on NK:

North Korea has resumed missile testing, disregarding both Trump’s wooing and his threats of “fire and fury.” It has taken the U.S. president’s measure—and found him weak and empty.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13810 on: May 16, 2019, 08:32:44 AM »

WTF is a mufti?

Im all ears...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13811 on: May 16, 2019, 11:58:17 AM »

No use.  Anything I bring up through research ... not my knowledge of the subject - you will refute.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13812 on: May 16, 2019, 11:58:53 AM »

Happy to report I now know what a Mufti is

Heh

barton

« Reply #13813 on: May 16, 2019, 01:08:08 PM »

No use.  Anything I bring up through research ... not my knowledge of the subject - you will refute.

If you bring facts, they will be respected.  You're among grownups, kid.  As Moynihan said, we're all entitled to our own opinions, but we aren't entitled to our own facts.  Facts consist of true statements about reality.  Facts are the statements no one can poke holes in.  Water is wet.  Tucson is often sunny.  Fire stops when you cut off the oxygen. The national debt is so many dollars.  If you've got solid ones, great.  If you don't, then you can be grateful for advancing your learning when someone pokes holes in bad information.  This is the process by which we all stay intellectually honest. 

I'd like to think you're not just making excuses and ducking a chance to increase knowledge.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 01:10:23 PM by Barton »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #13814 on: May 16, 2019, 01:19:06 PM »

Aww.  So unfair.

Try posting more links to Far Right Racist twitter.  That will be sure to convince us.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020
Pages: 1 ... 919 920 [921] 922 923 ... 4288