Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 923 924 [925] 926 927 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584823 times)

arafura

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #13860 on: May 17, 2019, 04:19:04 PM »

Migrant children have heartbeats too?
Of course they do.

Trouble is, ...not every child and adult in Mexico, Central America, Africa, South America, Middle East, North Asia, Sth Asia, SE Asia etc can be moved into USA to live.
It simply can't happen.
There have to be limits.
America takes in the number it can afford.
The rest?...it's a cruel, cruel world out there. People born on garbage dumps, live on garbage dumps their whole lives, fossick for food there, sleep there, maybe raise kids there as well.

The down and out, the homeless [imagine being homeless in the snow and then the dirty, icy slush full of cigarette butts and litter], poor who don't know where their next meal is coming from...in America have heartbeats too.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 04:24:21 PM by arafura »

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #13861 on: May 17, 2019, 04:33:08 PM »

This would be for Bambi's favorite #1 DJ, but for his hatred of truth:

https://qz.com/1069298/the-3-of-scientific-papers-that-deny-climate-change-are-all-flawed/amp/?__twitter_impression=true&fbclid=IwAR3O4uvWZJ2rnwRfiBYI35opp78UW82bpTvrqQLCzRBD4xxTMh9pcqjHO0o

The Climate is always changing.
Ice Ages come and go.
The globe heats up, the globe cools, all by itself.
70+ million lightning strikes in America every year...look at all those tons of carbon.
Cattle, more squillions of tons of carbon.
CO2 is not a pollutant, but the source of all plant life.
Simple really.

There are simple answers to complex problems.

They are wrong, but simple.

In 1982, Exxon projected the growth of the CO2 levels and predicted, as surely, temperature rising - they knew what you do not, which is that the two are linked.

I know many things...one of which is that there are no very fast trains and 'no' 'very good trains' in America because in the 50's the govt and oil companies etc decided that the car and truck would be king, and trains would be phased out in many places...look at all those train carriages stacked up in the desert.
As a result the roads became carparks.

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #13862 on: May 17, 2019, 04:41:34 PM »

Aussie phased out 1, 2 and 5 cent coins long ago.
Totals ending in 1 and 2 are rounded down...3 and 4 are rounded up.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/joe-biden-beats-trump-in-2020-by-most-secure-margins-new-poll-shows/ar-AABvu6u?li=AAgfLCP&OCID=AVRES000

#####

Yes, but would Biden turn Nth Korea into ash to save America and/or its allies?

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #13863 on: May 17, 2019, 04:55:26 PM »

I look into their eyes and see future MS-13 members.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13864 on: May 17, 2019, 06:02:34 PM »

Migrant children have heartbeats too?
Of course they do.

Trouble is, ...not every child and adult in Mexico, Central America, Africa, South America, Middle East, North Asia, Sth Asia, SE Asia etc can be moved into USA to live.
It simply can't happen.
There have to be limits.
America takes in the number it can afford.
The rest?...it's a cruel, cruel world out there. People born on garbage dumps, live on garbage dumps their whole lives, fossick for food there, sleep there, maybe raise kids there as well.

The down and out, the homeless [imagine being homeless in the snow and then the dirty, icy slush full of cigarette butts and litter], poor who don't know where their next meal is coming from...in America have heartbeats too.

Your blather on this is as heartless and ignorant as your blather on climate is banal and ignorant.

The United States government took children from legal asylum applicant, transported them, and intentionally did not track where they were taken or to whom they were given, to prevent their being returned to their families.

Yes, we all agree that the US cannot take in every migrant child. I already showed you the stats which show how low both the US and Australia are on the list of countries taking in migrants and refugees and the like. (You failed to respond. I was shocked.)

But regardless of whether we are pulling our load, given our complicity in causing the state of violence and poverty in their home countries, how we are treating these children is despicable and does not demonstrate that the so-called pro-lifers are pro lives at all.

Christianity - the ostensible religion of these folks - does not care about national boundaries. Neither do the other religions. So, to blow off their needs is to violate what they claim are their beliefs.

It fits yours.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 07:45:10 PM by josh »
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13865 on: May 17, 2019, 06:04:12 PM »

This would be for Bambi's favorite #1 DJ, but for his hatred of truth:

https://qz.com/1069298/the-3-of-scientific-papers-that-deny-climate-change-are-all-flawed/amp/?__twitter_impression=true&fbclid=IwAR3O4uvWZJ2rnwRfiBYI35opp78UW82bpTvrqQLCzRBD4xxTMh9pcqjHO0o

The Climate is always changing.
Ice Ages come and go.
The globe heats up, the globe cools, all by itself.
70+ million lightning strikes in America every year...look at all those tons of carbon.
Cattle, more squillions of tons of carbon.
CO2 is not a pollutant, but the source of all plant life.
Simple really.

There are simple answers to complex problems.

They are wrong, but simple.

In 1982, Exxon projected the growth of the CO2 levels and predicted, as surely, temperature rising - they knew what you do not, which is that the two are linked.

I know many things...one of which is that there are no very fast trains and 'no' 'very good trains' in America because in the 50's the govt and oil companies etc decided that the car and truck would be king, and trains would be phased out in many places...look at all those train carriages stacked up in the desert.
As a result the roads became carparks.
It was the airplane that put the railroad out of the passenger business.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13866 on: May 17, 2019, 06:10:43 PM »

Today's evidence that the apocalypse is nigh upon us: this headline from the Daily Mail.

Grumpy Cat is DEAD: The internet's most famous feline passes away from an infection at age seven after amassing a $100MILLION fortune for owner who once struggled to make ends meet as a waitress
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13867 on: May 17, 2019, 06:21:32 PM »

https://cew.georgetown.edu/cew-reports/schooled2lose/

It's not how hard you work.

It's how wealthy your familiy is.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #13868 on: May 17, 2019, 06:41:45 PM »

Grumpy Cat died Tuesday at age 7 due to complications from a urinary tract infection, her owner, Tabatha Bundeson, said Friday on Instagram. The cat’s real name, for the record, was Tardar Sauce....     
  - LA Times

First she went viral, then she went...bacterial. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13869 on: May 17, 2019, 06:54:34 PM »

Pic of Ms Wood works same as vasectomyiagra... 

FIFY

Had no luck with the heteros?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13870 on: May 17, 2019, 07:02:46 PM »

I don't

But I don't envy them either.

Cruel world.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 07:51:57 PM by kiidcarter8 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13871 on: May 17, 2019, 07:37:04 PM »

I don't

But I don't envy then either.

Cruel world.

Actively contributed to by this American government, building on indignities caused in the past by many administrations.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13872 on: May 17, 2019, 07:39:12 PM »

Death penalty naysayers

What do you do with this lovely lady?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/17/us/marlen-ochoa-lopez-friday-court/index.html

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #13873 on: May 17, 2019, 07:42:25 PM »

People ride the Metrolink trains here in Southern California, and they are the same kind of Metrolink trains that they have in the South of France.

Traffic is horrible in Southern California, so the trains are a welcome addition when it comes to transportation options.

https://www.metrolinktrains.com/

And when we get our high speed trains, then people will ride them. The high speed trains will be successful.

So far as air, the airports are crowded, and with security you have to wait forever, and many people are afraid to fly. We have also had plane crashes lately with Boeing planes. I hate flying, but I love to travel, so I fly when I have to.

But, for like going from Anaheim to Vegas, the high speed trains would be great. For the East Coast they can have a high speed train between New York City and Washington D.C.. And a high speed train would be great between Lancaster and Los Angeles, in California. The one that we built, between Bakersfield and Merced, was kind of a stupid place to start, they should have done the one between Lancaster and Los Angeles first, but at least something is being built that we can ride and check out, and if people like it then we can finish the route and build more.

Trump says one thing, but does another. Trump talked about building high speed trains in the USA, and then he pulled nine hundred million dollars away from the high speed rail project in California. Trump said that the people in California were too slow on building the project, and the costs keep rising, so Trump took some of the money away. It is sad, and it is the opposite of what we need to do, we need to build our high speed trains. And I have been saying all along, we can build our trains faster by working on multiple sites at once, and then you join it all together, and the costs will just be higher in the future, so it is best to get the high speed rail built quickly. If they cannot do it, then put me in charge, I will get it done. Someone has to do it, we have some great people here in the USA. Some of the old aerospace people can work on the high speed rail projects, and it could get done quickly. If we put the same effort into building high speed trains that we put into putting men on the moon, and on building our original rail roads, and on building our national highway system, etc, then we would have our high speed trains built in no time. Trump is going in the wrong direction.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/transportation/2019/05/16/trump-administration-pulls-million-california-high-speed-rail-project/

Getting out there and marching will not make the air cleaner, what is going to make the air cleaner is people getting out of their cars and getting on public transportation. We need to improve our public transportation, and that will help the environment. And the people stuck in traffic with their gas powered polluting automobiles has to stop, it is not good for anyone. Get on the train, bring a nice book to read, and a thermos of coffee and a couple of sandwiches. I ride the Metrolink all of the time, and it is great.

We also have a few subways now in Los Angeles, you can go from Union Station to Universal Studios, etc, that is cool, and they are going to build a subway to the ocean.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_Line_Extension

The Metrolink between Los Angeles and Anaheim is not that bad, it only takes around half an hour, but someday a high speed train will run that route as well.

To go from Los Angeles to San Diego there is Amtrak.

https://www.amtrak.com/pacific-surfliner-train

And to go North up the coast there is the Starlight..

https://www.amtrak.com/coast-starlight-train

And you can ride trains all over the country, for people who are afraid to fly, you can get there on trains.

People in Europe love trains, and I would love to go ride trains around Europe. And one cool route, if you ride a train from mainland Italy to Sicily, they put the whole train on a barge, and they float the train across the water to Sicily. And of course it would be cool to ride the high speed trains in Europe, and in Japan, etc.

Of note too, is that people can build new fancy train stations, people can have fun and the architects and designers can create wonderful train stations.

In Anaheim our new station is ARTIC.

http://anaheim.net/3329/ARTIC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaheim_Regional_Transportation_Intermodal_Center

Let us advance new rail systems, and let us clean up the air, and let us reduce traffic.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 07:46:14 PM by FlyingVProd »

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13874 on: May 17, 2019, 07:42:31 PM »

I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.
Pages: 1 ... 923 924 [925] 926 927 ... 4288