Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 924 925 [926] 927 928 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583920 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #13875 on: May 17, 2019, 07:44:41 PM »

There is climate change...of that there is no doubt.
Ice Ages come and go.
The globe heats up, the globe cools...all by itself...that's not in dispute either.

What if anBything can man do about it...and still exist himself...that's what's in question.

CO2 is 0.04% of the earth's atmosphere.
3% of that is man-made.
Climate change...best to look elsewhere than man for the answers.

"The globe heats up, the globe cools...all by itself...that's not in dispute either."

LOOK AT THE GRAPH BELOW. It came from 37 years ago. The OIL company scientists understood the relationship between having the extra CO2 in the air and our heat. They predicted the heat would rise as the CO2 numbers went up.

The CO2 numbers went up. The heat is rising.

If it were just, as you keep falsely claiming, a natural up and down, they would not have made such a prediction.

"...best to look elsewhere than man for the answers."

Where the FUCK do you propose we look?! GOD?!

I've asked you this before. You have failed to respond:
If you are wrong and the sea level rises sufficiently to flood much of the coast line all around the globe, do you propose we "look elsewhere than man for the answers?!"

Shall we just throw up our hands and say "easy come, easy go," and let those people die and the global economy collapse?

If not, do you think we should try to minimize the damage?!

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13876 on: May 17, 2019, 07:46:12 PM »

"I know our detectives do the best they can"

BULL SHIT!

Dont hear much about this today - but you would if the perp was white.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #13877 on: May 17, 2019, 09:06:00 PM »

Los Angeles used to have electric streetcars, Los Angeles was quite advanced.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Railway

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Electric

Right now people wish they would have kept the electric streetcars.

Salute,

Tony V.

barton

« Reply #13878 on: May 17, 2019, 09:42:14 PM »

Death penalty naysayers

What do you do with this lovely lady?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/17/us/marlen-ochoa-lopez-friday-court/index.html

Sounds like a psychopath.  We have max security prisons for such persons, and LWOP would be the proper sentence, as Boz said.  I admit that, if there were some extremity of viciousness that led a society to say "this person is beyond redemption and not fit to live," this woman would be a likely candidate.  One of those rare cases where my own DP objections are sorely tested.  But....have we ruled out a psychotic break and all possibility of future treatment and rehabilitation?  IOW, are we omniscient? 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13879 on: May 17, 2019, 09:46:06 PM »

https://cew.georgetown.edu/cew-reports/schooled2lose/

It's not how hard you work.

It's how wealthy your familiy is.
Check out the story of Airbnb.
For starters.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #13880 on: May 17, 2019, 10:02:31 PM »

Keeping the American Dream alive...

In the old days there were guys like Benjamin Franklin and James Madison who had big dreams for America, and others came along and shared the dream of America. Guys like the Rockefellers and the Vanderbilts, they all shared the American dream, and they built America. And they were good Christians who gave back to their communities, and as the men made money their wives gave the money away through charitable organizations, etc, and they donated libraries, etc, and they pumped money into America. Guys like Bill Gates are not like the old guys like Henry Ford. Henry Ford created jobs in Detroit, and Gates creates jobs in China, Gates only cares about the money. Otherwise the Apple I-Phones would be built in Nebraska instead of in China.

So what do we do? The tariffs on imports from China is a good start, and then we can invest that money back into the USA, we can build high speed trains, and other public projects, and we can also give redevelopment money to areas hard hit by job losses, and we can give people low interest business loans, etc. And as our young people become educated, we need to make sure that they can find jobs right here in the USA. And for instance, California has great film schools, and great acting schools, we need to have jobs for the students when they graduate, so we need a new movie studio in Anaheim, etc, we need new film and television investment in Southern California, and film equipment rentals, etc. California has lost over 500,000 jobs to China, and we need to get busy replacing those jobs and we need to keep the American dream alive. And guys like Gates have done a lot of good things, but they need to do more to create jobs here in the USA, and to give back to America.

Salute,

Tony V.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13881 on: May 17, 2019, 10:11:54 PM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13882 on: May 17, 2019, 10:15:52 PM »

Death penalty naysayers

What do you do with this lovely lady?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/17/us/marlen-ochoa-lopez-friday-court/index.html

Sounds like a psychopath.  We have max security prisons for such persons, and LWOP would be the proper sentence, as Boz said.  I admit that, if there were some extremity of viciousness that led a society to say "this person is beyond redemption and not fit to live," this woman would be a likely candidate.  One of those rare cases where my own DP objections are sorely tested.  But....have we ruled out a psychotic break and all possibility of future treatment and rehabilitation?  IOW, are we omniscient?

60 year old lady leaving prison:  "I have been rehabiltated"

Onlooker:  "What did you do?"

Lady:  "I cut open a pregnant woman's belly and removed the child"

Really? 

heh

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #13883 on: May 17, 2019, 10:20:00 PM »

"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13884 on: May 17, 2019, 10:20:52 PM »

https://cew.georgetown.edu/cew-reports/schooled2lose/

It's not how hard you work.

It's how wealthy your familiy is.
Check out the story of Airbnb.
For starters.

Ward, people win the lottery. We know that. It's not news. But if hard work were all it took, there would be many more billionaires than there are. The evidence is in. It has been in for at least 80 years, when the first study I know of illustrated the fact that the best predictor of educational attainment was father's income. Not his or mom's education level. Not the kids' or parents' intelligence. Not where they lived or how many siblings they had. Income.

There have been changes since then, with the lower percentage of nuclear families as one of the factors. But the role of SES in educational attainment is stronger than ever, whether you like it or not.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13885 on: May 17, 2019, 10:21:51 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13886 on: May 17, 2019, 10:22:50 PM »

Oh

My

God....

https://twitter.com/Biden46/status/1129511151111352320
You think that's a real Biden account?

Just because it says "parody" right on it is no reason to expect Kiiid to have taken it in, rather than being willfully taken in.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13887 on: May 17, 2019, 10:24:23 PM »

Lets rehabilitate this one too

https://twitter.com/Jamierodr14/status/1129537747813847040

You say that while giving Trump and his cronies a complete pass for the lives they have willfully destroyed.

Too fucking pathetic, you are.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13888 on: May 17, 2019, 10:25:35 PM »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #13889 on: May 17, 2019, 10:27:10 PM »

Oh

My

God....

https://twitter.com/Biden46/status/1129511151111352320
You think that's a real Biden account?

Just because it says "parody" right on it is no reason to expect Kiiid to have taken it in, rather than being willfully taken in.
My new strategy is to let Kid figure out for himself how dumb he is rather than actually pointing it out to him. It does not appear to be working.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan
Pages: 1 ... 924 925 [926] 927 928 ... 4288