Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 925 926 [927] 928 929 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583923 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #13890 on: May 17, 2019, 10:50:34 PM »

Oh

My

God....

https://twitter.com/Biden46/status/1129511151111352320
You think that's a real Biden account?

Just because it says "parody" right on it is no reason to expect Kiiid to have taken it in, rather than being willfully taken in.
My new strategy is to let Kid figure out for himself how dumb he is rather than actually pointing it out to him. It does not appear to be working.

Predictably.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13891 on: May 17, 2019, 10:52:24 PM »

https://cew.georgetown.edu/cew-reports/schooled2lose/

It's not how hard you work.

It's how wealthy your familiy is.
Check out the story of Airbnb.
For starters.

Ward, people win the lottery. We know that. It's not news. But if hard work were all it took, there would be many more billionaires than there are. The evidence is in. It has been in for at least 80 years, when the first study I know of illustrated the fact that the best predictor of educational attainment was father's income. Not his or mom's education level. Not the kids' or parents' intelligence. Not where they lived or how many siblings they had. Income.

There have been changes since then, with the lower percentage of nuclear families as one of the factors. But the role of SES in educational attainment is stronger than ever, whether you like it or not.
Ok.
Don’t check out Airbnb.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13892 on: May 17, 2019, 10:55:45 PM »

Oh

My

God....

https://twitter.com/Biden46/status/1129511151111352320
You think that's a real Biden account?

Just because it says "parody" right on it is no reason to expect Kiiid to have taken it in, rather than being willfully taken in.
My new strategy is to let Kid figure out for himself how dumb he is rather than actually pointing it out to him. It does not appear to be working.

ooooooooooooooo

a strategy......

fucking clown.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #13893 on: May 17, 2019, 10:59:04 PM »

Heh. Go outside.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13894 on: May 17, 2019, 11:18:39 PM »

Aussie phased out 1, 2 and 5 cent coins long ago.
Totals ending in 1 and 2 are rounded down...3 and 4 are rounded up.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/joe-biden-beats-trump-in-2020-by-most-secure-margins-new-poll-shows/ar-AABvu6u?li=AAgfLCP&OCID=AVRES000

#####

Yes, but would Biden turn Nth Korea into ash to save America and/or its allies?

By the time we turned North Korea into ash because of an attack on any ally Seoul would be reduced to rubble in about an hour through conventional artillery. Now take off your yellow menace hat and put on your business based foreign policy hat.

North Korea has a great racket they’ve been running for decades, getting paid to not start a nuclear conflagration. Now that Ruthless Dictator has been elevated to world leaders status, what’s in it for him to fuck up the deal?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13895 on: May 17, 2019, 11:27:20 PM »

Death penalty naysayers

What do you do with this lovely lady?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/17/us/marlen-ochoa-lopez-friday-court/index.html

Sounds like a psychopath.  We have max security prisons for such persons, and LWOP would be the proper sentence, as Boz said.  I admit that, if there were some extremity of viciousness that led a society to say "this person is beyond redemption and not fit to live," this woman would be a likely candidate.  One of those rare cases where my own DP objections are sorely tested.  But....have we ruled out a psychotic break and all possibility of future treatment and rehabilitation?  IOW, are we omniscient?

She plotted and enlisted her family as accomplices... they all go down. They go to jail and they stay there.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13896 on: May 17, 2019, 11:38:22 PM »

No use.  Anything I bring up through research ... not my knowledge of the subject - you will refute.

What a mealy-mouthed, lameass excuse for an excuse.

Yes, we will refute what you bring up, Kiiid.

We won't "LOL" or say "not so." We will provide evidence that it is erroneous, mistaken, wrong, slanted, or whatever it happens to be. It's not because we are contrary, but because as with Obama's birth, while we are all entitled to our own opinions, we are not entitled to our own versions of facts.

The science of climate change is solider than you or Bambi seem prepared to accept.

The immorality of the kidnapping of the children and the intentional failure to track where they were put are not things we made up and they cannot be excused by any amount of fingerpointing.

The elimination of protections of our air and water are incontestable, if one is honest.

The rise in racial incidents and the reduction of civil rights enforcements are both simple to understand and acknowledge, IFF you are willing to be honest.

If "anything I bring up" can be refuted, you might try seeking your research without a bias in your research. Then you might bring up items that we cannot refute.

Of course, there is a good chance we will agree with them.

Guck it. kid and RSW are waiting for the day they start passing out the brown shirts.

GFY

Right back at you.

Everything you profess to support in here would have made you a true believer in 1938 Germany.
You approve of ICE even as their tactics are on par with the fucking Gestapo.

Yeah, you may not be marching with a torch but your ass would be right there on sidewalk cheering..

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13897 on: May 17, 2019, 11:45:47 PM »

For starters.

Ward, people win the lottery. We know that. It's not news. But if hard work were all it took, there would be many more billionaires than there are. The evidence is in. It has been in for at least 80 years, when the first study I know of illustrated the fact that the best predictor of educational attainment was father's income. Not his or mom's education level. Not the kids' or parents' intelligence. Not where they lived or how many siblings they had. Income.

There have been changes since then, with the lower percentage of nuclear families as one of the factors. But the role of SES in educational attainment is stronger than ever, whether you like it or not.
Ok.
Don’t check out Airbnb.

It doesn't require "checking out," Ward. It's been very much in the public eye.

We Americans love our Horatio Alger stories and tell ourselves how great America is at "rags to riches," but it is just not true as a general tale.

Check out the link I provided. Anecdata is important when confronted with "nobody ever..." but that is not what I am asserting.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13898 on: May 18, 2019, 12:07:51 AM »

For starters.

Ok.
Don’t check out Airbnb.

It doesn't require "checking out," Ward. It's been very much in the public eye.

We Americans love our Horatio Alger stories and tell ourselves how great America is at "rags to riches," but it is just not true as a general tale.

Check out the link I provided. Anecdata is important when confronted with "nobody ever..." but that is not what I am asserting.

“It's all right to tell a man to lift himself by his own bootstraps, but it is cruel jest to say to a bootless man that he ought to lift himself by his own bootstraps.”
—Martin Luther King Jr

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13899 on: May 18, 2019, 04:07:27 AM »

Very true Larry, and just the thing walrus Kiid and carpenter Red will take the greatest pains to misunderstand lest it put a damper on their appetites.

Schiff should call Obama to testify on Russian interference. It would make great television and the goon squad would have no grounds to stop it.

That would be a nice warm up for Mueller.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #13900 on: May 18, 2019, 07:53:59 AM »

The Gestapo threw at least 5% of their own population into gas chambers. ICE keeps America safe by sending illegal third worlders back. Not the same!
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13901 on: May 18, 2019, 11:05:18 AM »

The Gestapo threw at least 5% of their own population into gas chambers. ICE keeps America safe by sending illegal third worlders back. Not the same!

It IS the same you asshole!

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-citizens-ice-20180427-htmlstory.html

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13902 on: May 18, 2019, 11:10:43 AM »

Very true Larry, and just the thing walrus Kiid and carpenter Red will take the greatest pains to misunderstand lest it put a damper on their appetites.

Schiff should call Obama to testify on Russian interference. It would make great television and the goon squad would have no grounds to stop it.

That would be a nice warm up for Mueller.

Trump would explode...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_MnyV-HH3U

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #13903 on: May 18, 2019, 11:47:38 AM »

Death penalty naysayers

What do you do with this lovely lady?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/17/us/marlen-ochoa-lopez-friday-court/index.html

Sounds like a psychopath.  We have max security prisons for such persons, and LWOP would be the proper sentence, as Boz said.  I admit that, if there were some extremity of viciousness that led a society to say "this person is beyond redemption and not fit to live," this woman would be a likely candidate.  One of those rare cases where my own DP objections are sorely tested.  But....have we ruled out a psychotic break and all possibility of future treatment and rehabilitation?  IOW, are we omniscient?

60 year old lady leaving prison:  "I have been rehabiltated"

Onlooker:  "What did you do?"

Lady:  "I cut open a pregnant woman's belly and removed the child"

Really? 

heh

When your reading skills improve, you'll be able to decode what LWOP means.  And the importance of a court determining if she's a psychopath (very likely) or had a psychosis into which other family members were drawn (unlikely).  Killing someone with profound mental illness will not bring back the dead, in any case. 

barton

« Reply #13904 on: May 18, 2019, 12:39:44 PM »

Grumpy Cat, however, died from being a sourpuss and deserved it.  We don't need cynical grifters like that.
Pages: 1 ... 925 926 [927] 928 929 ... 4288