Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 968 969 [970] 971 972 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583513 times)

arafura

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #14535 on: May 31, 2019, 09:22:31 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBcx41aRCnk
Media Fails! Donald Trump Can't Win The Election

#####

LOL

If the face of their ridicule, Ann Coulter stood tall and got it correct.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 09:27:24 PM by arafura »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14536 on: May 31, 2019, 09:26:49 PM »

He means, as he always does, that Trump doesn't deny Russian involvement, but does deny that Putin had any knowledge of such ops (i.e. that said ops were rogue ops and took no direction from Vlad).  When that starts being a convincing argument, seek immediate medical assistance.

But since he denied Russian involvement yesterday morning...
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #14537 on: May 31, 2019, 10:51:03 PM »

CREATE JOBS AND HIRE THE MEXICANS, that is what America is all about.

What makes America great is that there is unlimited opportunity, we have great colleges, and everything is wide open here. People can come from anywhere in the world and achieve the American Dream, they can work a job of their choice, they can buy a home, they can get married and have children and there are great schools for the children, etc, and our grocery stores are great and are stocked with lots of healthy foods, etc.

What makes America great is the dream America provides for people from all over the world, with our Statue of Liberty welcoming the homeless and the poor.

What makes America great is that it provides a dream so strong that people risk their lives and travel with just the clothes on their back to come here to work and achieve the American Dream.

If you take away the American Dream, then we are no better than England. If you build a wall on our southern border, then we are no better than Germany.

Our American Dream is what makes us special.

And guys like Nikola Tesla came here and changed the world. The guy who founded Universal Studios was from Germany. Many people come from all over the world to the USA and make their mark on history. Without the American Dream they might as well just stay in Germany, or wherever.

If all that you want out of life is a free place to live, welfare, and free medical care, then you might as well go live in Cuba.

America is for the DREAMERS, people bring their dreams here, and real Americans would have no problem putting our neighbors from Latin America to work. Guys like Walt Disney created jobs for the masses.

We do not need a wall, we need true Americans to dream big and to create jobs for all of those people who are coming to America from all over the world. We need people to work in the vineyards, and to work at our theme parks, and to pick tomatoes, and to do all of the jobs that keep America moving, we need to create jobs for the immigrants.

Lazy old people who are ready to retire do not want to hire the Mexicans and other immigrants, they are old and tired and they just want to retire. We need young dreamers who want to be heads of industry and who want to hire workers.

And we need to balance trade with China and others. If they want us to buy their stuff, then they need to buy our stuff. And the slavery in China needs to end, they need to be paid fair so that they can afford to buy our stuff. I believe in good human rights for all workers, including in China, and I do not want to sit around on welfare and buy cheap stuff from China, they can keep their cheap stuff, I would rather that Americans have jobs and that the Chinese have good lives. We need to balance trade, and slavery is wrong for all people, I do not care about saving money on their cheap slave goods, I want them to be paid fair, and I want them to buy our stuff.

The American Dream is not about building walls, or sitting around on welfare buying cheap stuff from China. We can manufacture stuff right here in America, and we can create jobs for all who come here from all over the world. We need to put those Mexicans to work.

For me, I am getting old, and I just want to make one hit movie here in Hollywood. I worked hard, and I have a great script that I wrote, and I just want to succeed in making one movie. I also want to publish my poetry book. Then, I plan to move to Italy, and invest in a vineyard and winery, and I want to make movies at Cinecitta. I would not mind buying a home in Malibu too, where I used to live, I loved living in Malibu. And if I am lucky I can still get married and have children, I want to have at least one kid. Making a movie creates a lot of jobs, so I can create a lot of good jobs for the people who work on my film. Book stores and stuff will also make money from selling my poetry book. So, I will create some jobs. Then, when I move to Italy I will need people to work at my vineyard and winery, and I will need people to help me make movies, etc, I will create jobs in Italy, Italy has a lot of immigrants from the Philippines who can work at my vineyard and winery, etc. I am a dreamer, and if my dreams come true then I can create some jobs for people. And I will pay people fair, I do not believe in slavery.

Anyhow, Americans are supposed to dream, and Americans are supposed to create jobs for the immigrants, not build walls and not to import cheap slave goods from China.

And of note too, Christians are supposed to help the homeless and stuff, like it says in Matthew 25; 31-46, not build walls, and we are supposed to help the poor and the oppressed, and we should not be oppressing the people of China, etc.

Create good jobs, and hire the Mexicans, that is what America is all about, we do not need walls.

Salute,

Tony V.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #14538 on: May 31, 2019, 10:55:30 PM »

He means, as he always does, that Trump doesn't deny Russian involvement, but does deny that Putin had any knowledge of such ops (i.e. that said ops were rogue ops and took no direction from Vlad).  When that starts being a convincing argument, seek immediate medical assistance.
Or call1-800-683 5537
But I think that number may be out of service

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14539 on: May 31, 2019, 11:37:08 PM »

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/record-breaking-heat-alaska-wreaks-havoc-communities-and-ecosystems-180972317/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=socialmedia

Yeah, yeah, temps go up and temps go down, nothing to see here, and nothing to do to fix it, even if it is real.

STFU, know-nothing Bambu-ignorance.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #14540 on: June 01, 2019, 12:06:53 AM »

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/record-breaking-heat-alaska-wreaks-havoc-communities-and-ecosystems-180972317/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=socialmedia

Yeah, yeah, temps go up and temps go down, nothing to see here, and nothing to do to fix it, even if it is real.

If it's not caused by man, then there indeed is nothing to do fix it.
Not one thing to be done.
Those glaciers started melting 15,000 years ago.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14541 on: June 01, 2019, 12:23:07 AM »

You sure are an ignoramus, Bambi-ignorance.

Even if it were not caused by man, there are still things to be done to prevent some of the damage and save some of the lives that will be lost.

For example, there are ways that could cool the planet, even if the heating were all natural (which it isn't).

For example, we could be building dikes and water flows. We could be building massive amounts of refugee housing. We could be relocating people, while employing folks to do this work, hence building the economy.

These are just a few of the ideas and they are valuable, whether they are in response to a man-caused problem or to a nature-caused problem.

Your notion that if nature caused it, then there is nothing we can do about it is just about the dumbest thing you have ever said in your many years of saying bizarrely stupid things that have no connection to the truth.

It is a half-step better than the Congressman who said we don't have to do anything because God promised never to flood the world again, but that is a pretty low barrier of stupidity to have to cross.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14542 on: June 01, 2019, 12:24:11 AM »

Four short tweets.

So many falsehoods, inaccuracies, and wishful thinking on Trump's part.

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #14543 on: June 01, 2019, 12:33:12 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Moore_(consultant)

Patrick Albert Moore (born June 15, 1947) is a Canadian activist, industry consultant, and former president of Greenpeace Canada. Since leaving Greenpeace in 1986, Moore has criticized the environmental movement for what he sees as scare tactics and disinformation, saying that the environmental movement "abandoned science and logic in favor of emotion and sensationalism".[2]

#####

Far more learned man than I.
Looking around at the goings-on of climate change activists these days, it would be hard to disagree with him.
Schoolgirls about 12-13 crying in my streets at 'climate change' protests, beside themselves with fear and torment that the world was going to end "next week" if action was not taken now to end the "emergency."
The schoolgirls obviously whipped up into a frenzy by someone...so angry they were calling the Conservative Prime Minister a 'monster'.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 12:34:54 AM by arafura »

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #14544 on: June 01, 2019, 12:38:11 AM »

You sure are an ignoramus, Bambi-ignorance.

Even if it were not caused by man, there are still things to be done to prevent some of the damage and save some of the lives that will be lost.

For example, there are ways that could cool the planet, even if the heating were all natural (which it isn't).

For example, we could be building dikes and water flows. We could be building massive amounts of refugee housing. We could be relocating people, while employing folks to do this work, hence building the economy.

These are just a few of the ideas and they are valuable, whether they are in response to a man-caused problem or to a nature-caused problem.

Your notion that if nature caused it, then there is nothing we can do about it is just about the dumbest thing you have ever said in your many years of saying bizarrely stupid things that have no connection to the truth.

It is a half-step better than the Congressman who said we don't have to do anything because God promised never to flood the world again, but that is a pretty low barrier of stupidity to have to cross.

They are going to cool the planet?

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #14545 on: June 01, 2019, 12:43:40 AM »

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/technology/science/earth-uses-self-cooling-mechanism-study-finds/article4086864/

Earth uses self-cooling mechanism, study finds

The Earth is apparently geologically programmed not to let the atmosphere get too hot. And if the temperature does spike, global cooling processes can kick in as little as a decade later, new European research says.

The study's authors say their findings should allay fears that human-induced global warming might initiate a "runaway greenhouse effect," a chain reaction where initial warming sets off a process of uncontrollable atmospheric heating.

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #14546 on: June 01, 2019, 01:20:39 AM »

CREATE JOBS AND HIRE THE MEXICANS, that is what America is all about.

What makes America great is that there is unlimited opportunity, we have great colleges, and everything is wide open here. People can come from anywhere in the world and achieve the American Dream, they can work a job of their choice, they can buy a home, they can get married and have children and there are great schools for the children, etc, and our grocery stores are great and are stocked with lots of healthy foods, etc.

What makes America great is the dream America provides for people from all over the world, with our Statue of Liberty welcoming the homeless and the poor.

What makes America great is that it provides a dream so strong that people risk their lives and travel with just the clothes on their back to come here to work and achieve the American Dream.

If you take away the American Dream, then we are no better than England. If you build a wall on our southern border, then we are no better than Germany.

Our American Dream is what makes us special.

And guys like Nikola Tesla came here and changed the world. The guy who founded Universal Studios was from Germany. Many people come from all over the world to the USA and make their mark on history. Without the American Dream they might as well just stay in Germany, or wherever.

If all that you want out of life is a free place to live, welfare, and free medical care, then you might as well go live in Cuba.

America is for the DREAMERS, people bring their dreams here, and real Americans would have no problem putting our neighbors from Latin America to work. Guys like Walt Disney created jobs for the masses.

We do not need a wall, we need true Americans to dream big and to create jobs for all of those people who are coming to America from all over the world. We need people to work in the vineyards, and to work at our theme parks, and to pick tomatoes, and to do all of the jobs that keep America moving, we need to create jobs for the immigrants.

Lazy old people who are ready to retire do not want to hire the Mexicans and other immigrants, they are old and tired and they just want to retire. We need young dreamers who want to be heads of industry and who want to hire workers.

And we need to balance trade with China and others. If they want us to buy their stuff, then they need to buy our stuff. And the slavery in China needs to end, they need to be paid fair so that they can afford to buy our stuff. I believe in good human rights for all workers, including in China, and I do not want to sit around on welfare and buy cheap stuff from China, they can keep their cheap stuff, I would rather that Americans have jobs and that the Chinese have good lives. We need to balance trade, and slavery is wrong for all people, I do not care about saving money on their cheap slave goods, I want them to be paid fair, and I want them to buy our stuff.

The American Dream is not about building walls, or sitting around on welfare buying cheap stuff from China. We can manufacture stuff right here in America, and we can create jobs for all who come here from all over the world. We need to put those Mexicans to work.

For me, I am getting old, and I just want to make one hit movie here in Hollywood. I worked hard, and I have a great script that I wrote, and I just want to succeed in making one movie. I also want to publish my poetry book. Then, I plan to move to Italy, and invest in a vineyard and winery, and I want to make movies at Cinecitta. I would not mind buying a home in Malibu too, where I used to live, I loved living in Malibu. And if I am lucky I can still get married and have children, I want to have at least one kid. Making a movie creates a lot of jobs, so I can create a lot of good jobs for the people who work on my film. Book stores and stuff will also make money from selling my poetry book. So, I will create some jobs. Then, when I move to Italy I will need people to work at my vineyard and winery, and I will need people to help me make movies, etc, I will create jobs in Italy, Italy has a lot of immigrants from the Philippines who can work at my vineyard and winery, etc. I am a dreamer, and if my dreams come true then I can create some jobs for people. And I will pay people fair, I do not believe in slavery.

Anyhow, Americans are supposed to dream, and Americans are supposed to create jobs for the immigrants, not build walls and not to import cheap slave goods from China.

And of note too, Christians are supposed to help the homeless and stuff, like it says in Matthew 25; 31-46, not build walls, and we are supposed to help the poor and the oppressed, and we should not be oppressing the people of China, etc.

Create good jobs, and hire the Mexicans, that is what America is all about, we do not need walls.

Salute,

Tony V.

Should be..."Create jobs, and employ Americans first, at liveable wages. If there aren't enough Americans to fill the created jobs... then, and only then, should foreign workers be brought in on special visas to fill the vacant jobs."

The "homeless and the poor" usually have to be subsidised from the public purse.
"Govts have no money, they only have money they take from you, in taxes" - no1 radio host
There are enough of them in U.S. now...in 2017 554,000 homeless on any given night... without importing any more?

With respect, you need to build a proper fence/wall to keep undocumented immigrants out, so that documented immigrants can join the queue to apply for the created jobs. Nice orderly immigration/employment system...with all immigrants identified and properly background-checked...the U.S. govt deciding who comes into the country.

"Lazy old people"?
They're the ones who dug the well from which the dreamers of today drink.

There are free places to live, welfare, and free medical care in Cuba?
Must tell asylum-seekers trying to get to Australia.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14547 on: June 01, 2019, 01:37:22 AM »

Self cooling methods like extinctions.

Bambi is cool with it. He’s been dead above the neck for years.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14548 on: June 01, 2019, 02:32:33 AM »

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/technology/science/earth-uses-self-cooling-mechanism-study-finds/article4086864/

Earth uses self-cooling mechanism, study finds

The Earth is apparently geologically programmed not to let the atmosphere get too hot. And if the temperature does spike, global cooling processes can kick in as little as a decade later, new European research says.

The study's authors say their findings should allay fears that human-induced global warming might initiate a "runaway greenhouse effect," a chain reaction where initial warming sets off a process of uncontrollable atmospheric heating.

I'm sure that all the polar bears dying from loss of sea ice will find that comforting.

So, too, the folks whose sources of drinking water are disappearing.

And the folks whose land is going underwater will smile and drink a toast to their saviors.

But Bambi-ignorance,

He wrote that more than 15 years ago. Guess what he has not been writing about in the past decade!
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Anthony_Cohen

FIFTEEN YEAR OLD PAPER that has not proven to be true.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 02:42:19 AM by josh »

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #14549 on: June 01, 2019, 04:48:35 AM »

There are so many other issues the democrats can champion, with the horrible things Donald is doing with tariff wars , his ignorance of climate change, and the trickle down for example. Open borders is a proven loser except to sanctuary area elites. No America does not need more cheap nannies, drug dealers, and welfare families.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.
Pages: 1 ... 968 969 [970] 971 972 ... 4288