Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 976 977 [978] 979 980 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584749 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #14655 on: June 04, 2019, 12:19:53 AM »

Holy fuck! I just saw John Delaney finally get his moment in the sun... dumb ass.
Well. At least he had one.

I’m sure crashing and burn8ng in front of that audience was not his goal. It wouldn’t have been so bad if they were booing him but they were yelling, “Who the fuck are You?”
Know they know.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14656 on: June 04, 2019, 12:33:54 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/03/politics/jared-kushner-axios/index.html

Kushner is dumber than a sack of hammers.

A former staffer at Kushner’s NYC publication, The Observer, described her former boss thusly: “We’re talking about a guy who isn’t particularly bright or hard-working, doesn’t actually know anything, has bought his way into everything ever (with money he got from his criminal father), who is deeply insecure and obsessed with fame (you don’t buy the NYO, marry Ivanka Trump, or constantly talk about the phone calls you get from celebrities if it’s in your nature to ‘shun the spotlight’), and who is basically a shithead.”

Told y’all about this guy a year and a half ago...

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2017/08/24/trump-its-all-in-the-genes/

Did she sign her name to it?

Guess you didn’t read the linked article or the source link for the quote.

Her name is Harleen Kahlon.

Yeah, wasnt in there

But thanks

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #14657 on: June 04, 2019, 12:59:07 AM »

Speaking of 'refugees';

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/truecrimeaustralia/aussie-models-shock-move-to-have-flight-assault-case-thrown-out/news-story/326832e88970c19a8b3c41a04968f057

An Australian model facing a potential 21-year jail sentence in the US for allegedly assaulting a flight attendant on a plane to Los Angeles has asked a Californian judge to toss her conviction.

Adau Akui Atem Mornyang will be sentenced in the US District Court in Los Angeles on June 24.

Ms Mornyang has enjoyed significant modelling success since moving to Australia as a refugee at the age of 10, including serving as a global campaign face for Sephora in 2016, a Miss World Victorian finalist in 2017 and Miss World Australia finalist and recently walked the runway at New York Fashion Week.

She said the incident had ruined her career.

Ms Mornyang’s US legal team told Judge Cormac Carney a jury convicted the model at a trial in March after prosecutors relied on “an inflammatory audiotape that purported to depict Ms Mornyang screaming racial slurs and obscenities”.

South Sudanese-born Ms Mornyang was convicted of a felony charge of interference with a United Airlines flight crew member and misdemeanour assault.
Melbourne-based Mornyang, 24, faces a statutory maximum sentence of 21 years in US federal prison.
Prosecutors said Ms Mornyang, during the January 21 Melbourne to LA flight, ordered “several alcoholic beverages”.

Earlier this year Ms Mornyang denied she had attacked anyone and described the episode as “an ordeal” that she did not remember after having mixed prescription drugs with alcohol to sleep during the flight.

“I was not intoxicated because I had only two glasses of wine during dinner service, requested a seat move and slept for what I believe to have been eight hours, just to wake up five hours and five minutes before landing to an arrest.

“Did I take my Prozac and oxycodone before the flight? Yes I did. But I was not drunk before boarding.”

Even though passengers on that flight and other flight attendants said there was never a slap, the evidence was ignored and they decided to believe (the flight attendant),” she said in a text message.

#####

Alcohol should be banned on planes.....as cockpit cabin doors should always be locked.

Hardly a terrorist.
Maybe she heard the alleged racial slurs and obscenities in Hollywood movies.

21 years in US federal prison for that?...allegedly screaming a few racial slurs and obscenities, and a hugely doubtful misdemeanour assault.
Now there's an absolute outrage.

Not 21 months in prison...but 21 YEARS!

Wont happen.  I dont believe she will do any time at all.

Thanks for bringing the case to light here

Thanks for your reply.

Does 'statutory' mean 'mandatory'?

Seemingly she did wrong...and people can't be doing things like that on planes. Extenuating circumstances though, IMO.
She's been convicted...so that looks like that.
21 years mandatory, she's finished.
It says 'potential sentence', so maybe it's not mandatory.
Maybe she could clean the White House with a toothbrush for a time, instead of many years in federal prison.
Federal prison is a very bad place to be?   not like the jail Paris was in?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 01:01:41 AM by arafura »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14658 on: June 04, 2019, 01:02:13 AM »

Mind you, I think it is a bad idea to do it on a state by state basis. But your reason for arguing it's constitutionality is off.
Bad idea that is blatantly unconstitutional.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Actually, that goes for both "blatantly" and "unconstitutional." Your only argument, as always, is repetition, because you have no clue what the argument you poached from was actually arguing.

I on the other hand shamedly admit the monumental and unforgivable error staring at me from the middle of the second quoted sentence. I could blame autocorrect, but what is the point? I am going to have to go Faye Dunaway/Joan Crawford on my own ass. No possessive of it with an apostrophe! EVER!
I didn't "poach" anything.  I quoted the Governor and added my opinion that the Compact Nevada was trying to join would be held unconstitutional.

An opinion that you cannot support from the Constitution.

I showed you the section of the Constitution that is at issue and you could not identify anything in it that would preclude the proposed change.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14660 on: June 04, 2019, 01:23:08 AM »

Statutory is the max. Customarily defendants get less unless they get pegged with something really egregious.

The lesson I got from the Aussie model story was that if you go to an Aussie doctor, he or she will try to medicate you into violent black-out fits. Very disappointing. They probably need more refugee immigrants in their med schools.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #14662 on: June 04, 2019, 05:21:53 AM »

Statutory is the max. Customarily defendants get less unless they get pegged with something really egregious.

The lesson I got from the Aussie model story was that if you go to an Aussie doctor, he or she will try to medicate you into violent black-out fits. Very disappointing. They probably need more refugee immigrants in their med schools.

Much of bambuland country seems to be depressed and on Prozac or similar. No wonder, there's a long list of reasons.
Don't give patients a prescription for something, they 'won't' return, will find a doctor who will,...no matter the doctor's ethnicity/country of origin.
Plenty of 'bulk-billing'[the federal govt] medical centres around. Plenty of doctors. Free consultations for patients.
Maybe model didn't read the instructions on the Prozac and Oxycodone packets...and use as doctor prescribed.
Maybe she read them but forgot...swept up in the drama of the trip to America.

One of the side effects of Prozac is 'strange dreams'. Maybe she thought she was back in Africa about to be murdered in her sleep.
Who knows.
Yes, I know..."personal responsibility"...on her to get things right.
"America is a sovereign nation with its own laws and cultures"..."break the law in America and you are subject to those laws."

She's 24 years old.
Surely they won't take away the rest of her twenties, all of her thirties, and half of her forties.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 05:26:02 AM by arafura »

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #14663 on: June 04, 2019, 05:55:50 AM »

Details of the Mornyang case:

https://www.scribd.com/document/403161151/USA-v-Adau-Akui-Atem-Mornyang-for-drunken-behavior-on-United-Airlines-and-assaulting-Flight-Marshal

Interesting.
"Strong Black woman"?  "racist"?  "White"?   hmmm, seems she's been listening to the wrong people...or absorbing the wrong messages from writings.

Maybe more than two glasses of alcohol...prescription drugs...it was never going to end well.
The air marshals seem to have been a lot too nice.
She should've been restrained long before she was, IMO.
Also, when the AMs were taking her from the bathroom they should've tied her ankles together so she couldn't kick them in the chest.
A Velcro type ankles wrap should be part of their 'shackle' equipment.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14664 on: June 04, 2019, 06:31:07 AM »

Much of bambuland country seems to be depressed and on Prozac or similar. No wonder, there's a long list of reasons. 

It’s because of your #1 radio host.

Sometimes all it takes is an outside perspective to bring simple truths to light.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #14665 on: June 04, 2019, 08:24:13 AM »

Mind you, I think it is a bad idea to do it on a state by state basis. But your reason for arguing it's constitutionality is off.
Bad idea that is blatantly unconstitutional.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Actually, that goes for both "blatantly" and "unconstitutional." Your only argument, as always, is repetition, because you have no clue what the argument you poached from was actually arguing.

I on the other hand shamedly admit the monumental and unforgivable error staring at me from the middle of the second quoted sentence. I could blame autocorrect, but what is the point? I am going to have to go Faye Dunaway/Joan Crawford on my own ass. No possessive of it with an apostrophe! EVER!
I didn't "poach" anything.  I quoted the Governor and added my opinion that the Compact Nevada was trying to join would be held unconstitutional.

An opinion that you cannot support from the Constitution.

I showed you the section of the Constitution that is at issue and you could not identify anything in it that would preclude the proposed change.
You posted the 12th Amendment ,ratified in 1804, which simply cleared up the procedure of electing a President and Vice President should a majority not be reached in the Electoral College.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 08:25:47 AM by REDSTATEWARD »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #14666 on: June 04, 2019, 09:42:29 AM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/botched-family-reunifications-left-migrant-children-waiting-vans-overnight-n1013336

As has been pointed out by others, had a parent done this to their child they would be in jail.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14667 on: June 04, 2019, 11:37:08 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/03/politics/jared-kushner-axios/index.html

Kushner is dumber than a sack of hammers.

A former staffer at Kushner’s NYC publication, The Observer, described her former boss thusly: “We’re talking about a guy who isn’t particularly bright or hard-working, doesn’t actually know anything, has bought his way into everything ever (with money he got from his criminal father), who is deeply insecure and obsessed with fame (you don’t buy the NYO, marry Ivanka Trump, or constantly talk about the phone calls you get from celebrities if it’s in your nature to ‘shun the spotlight’), and who is basically a shithead.”

Told y’all about this guy a year and a half ago...

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2017/08/24/trump-its-all-in-the-genes/

Did she sign her name to it?

Guess you didn’t read the linked article or the source link for the quote.

Her name is Harleen Kahlon.

Yeah, wasnt in there

But thanks

Christ almighty, the highlighted text in the post IS the link in the article but thanks for pretending you opened it.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #14668 on: June 04, 2019, 03:25:36 PM »

Number of Homeless People Jumps 12% Across L.A. County to Nearly 59,000

POSTED 10:40 AM, JUNE 4, 2019, BY ASSOCIATED PRESS AND CHRIS WOLFE, UPDATED AT 12:13PM, JUNE 4, 2019

https://ktla.com/2019/06/04/l-a-county-to-release-results-of-homeless-count-on-tuesday/

Los Angeles needs to have hostels like in Rome, Italy, where you can take a nice hot shower, and where you can sleep in a nice comfortable bed, for $15.00 per night. 

Also, on the issue of helping the homeless who are addicts and alcoholics, we have some local camps, in Acton, and in Lake Hughes, where people used to do N/A and A/A, etc, the judges used to make people do 90 day Rehab stays at the camp in Acton, etc. We can use those camps to help the homeless people who are addicts, the addicts and alcoholics can do 90 day Rehab stays at the camps, and then after their treatment, groups such as Chrysalis and Homeboy Industries can help the people to get jobs. We can also build new camps if we need them. There are a lot of people in Los Angeles County who are homeless, and every new bed can help, every new idea can help. And groups such as Union Station in Pasadena, and Skid Row in Los Angeles can send homeless addicts and alcoholics to the camps, etc.

There is also Camp Earl Anna in Tehachapi. The camps can be used to help people to Rehab, and the 12 Step Programs are great. Those would be great places for the homeless people to get clean, and to get them off of the streets.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 976 977 [978] 979 980 ... 4288