Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 977 978 [979] 980 981 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583496 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #14670 on: June 04, 2019, 06:50:02 PM »

Obama appointee will not serve time after groping woman.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14671 on: June 04, 2019, 06:52:06 PM »

Meanwhile, Biden can't stop plagiarizing.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14673 on: June 04, 2019, 06:58:54 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/botched-family-reunifications-left-migrant-children-waiting-vans-overnight-n1013336

As has been pointed out by others, had a parent done this to their child they would be in jail.

Planning was quite bad - but sounds like they did as well as possible - and happy reunions in the end.

Headlines would have you believe kids were in a hot van for 37 hours and had no happy ending.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #14674 on: June 04, 2019, 08:01:14 PM »

Look at the prices of hostels in Rome, Italy, this is what California needs, tons of hostels for $15.00 per night.

https://www.hostelworld.com/hostels/Rome

If people could take a shower and sleep in a bed for $15.00 per night, then that would really help the homeless.

Salute,

Tony V.

oilcan

« Reply #14675 on: June 04, 2019, 08:04:49 PM »

Obama appointee will not serve time after groping woman.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14676 on: June 04, 2019, 08:31:17 PM »

Seems no one here cares about the Va Beach massacre either. 
(Not a "white supremacist" that perpetrated, so no comment)

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #14677 on: June 04, 2019, 08:34:20 PM »

Statutory is the max. Customarily defendants get less unless they get pegged with something really egregious.

The lesson I got from the Aussie model story was that if you go to an Aussie doctor, he or she will try to medicate you into violent black-out fits. Very disappointing. They probably need more refugee immigrants in their med schools.

Much of bambuland country seems to be depressed and on Prozac or similar. No wonder, there's a long list of reasons. 

It’s because of your #1 radio host.

Nah, he's trying to do something about it...words of wisdom he speaks.

. Mortgage stress.
. Jobs being sent overseas at express pace by large corporations.
. Jobs being lost because of greedy companies wanting to make exorbitant profits.
. Jobs being lost to automation...large distribution centres are all being automated.
. 'Waltzing matilda' will soon be the norm, as millions of unemployed 'swagpeople' roam the countryside like Johhny Rambo did. [cop wouldn't even let him into town to have a meal.]
. Electricity prices totally ridiculous...'climate change' subsidies ...baaah. Used to be 'global warming', then when they realised the globe heats and cools itself they changed it to 'climate change'.
. Stagnant wages, increasing prices.
. etc
. No places like Waco Texas, where you can get a good job and a very nice home for $250,000.

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #14678 on: June 04, 2019, 08:35:30 PM »

Could be.
Should never have been allowed to take a gun into the workplace.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14679 on: June 04, 2019, 08:41:50 PM »

Who did this guy attack? Did he go into synagogue, mosque or church?

Sad to say until proven otherwise this horror seems to an incident that used to be called, “Going postal.”

I’m sorry you’re disappointed.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14680 on: June 04, 2019, 08:46:26 PM »

Mind you, I think it is a bad idea to do it on a state by state basis. But your reason for arguing it's constitutionality is off.
Bad idea that is blatantly unconstitutional.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Actually, that goes for both "blatantly" and "unconstitutional." Your only argument, as always, is repetition, because you have no clue what the argument you poached from was actually arguing.

I on the other hand shamedly admit the monumental and unforgivable error staring at me from the middle of the second quoted sentence. I could blame autocorrect, but what is the point? I am going to have to go Faye Dunaway/Joan Crawford on my own ass. No possessive of it with an apostrophe! EVER!
I didn't "poach" anything.  I quoted the Governor and added my opinion that the Compact Nevada was trying to join would be held unconstitutional.

An opinion that you cannot support from the Constitution.

I showed you the section of the Constitution that is at issue and you could not identify anything in it that would preclude the proposed change.
You posted the 12th Amendment ,ratified in 1804, which simply cleared up the procedure of electing a President and Vice President should a majority not be reached in the Electoral College.

That was part of what I posted.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #14681 on: June 04, 2019, 08:50:06 PM »

Mind you, I think it is a bad idea to do it on a state by state basis. But your reason for arguing it's constitutionality is off.
Bad idea that is blatantly unconstitutional.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Actually, that goes for both "blatantly" and "unconstitutional." Your only argument, as always, is repetition, because you have no clue what the argument you poached from was actually arguing.

I on the other hand shamedly admit the monumental and unforgivable error staring at me from the middle of the second quoted sentence. I could blame autocorrect, but what is the point? I am going to have to go Faye Dunaway/Joan Crawford on my own ass. No possessive of it with an apostrophe! EVER!
I didn't "poach" anything.  I quoted the Governor and added my opinion that the Compact Nevada was trying to join would be held unconstitutional.

An opinion that you cannot support from the Constitution.

I showed you the section of the Constitution that is at issue and you could not identify anything in it that would preclude the proposed change.
You posted the 12th Amendment ,ratified in 1804, which simply cleared up the procedure of electing a President and Vice President should a majority not be reached in the Electoral College.

That was part of what I posted.
That’s all you posted.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14682 on: June 04, 2019, 08:53:04 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/botched-family-reunifications-left-migrant-children-waiting-vans-overnight-n1013336

As has been pointed out by others, had a parent done this to their child they would be in jail.

Planning was quite bad - but sounds like they did as well as possible - and happy reunions in the end.

Headlines would have you believe kids were in a hot van for 37 hours and had no happy ending.

They were in the van because the vans were air conditioned. They were in air conditioned vans because there was no where for them to go for damn near two days. Because the responsible agencies created huge problems for them selves.

You’re defending a huge clusterfuck that happened because the administration banked on no one noticing there was no plan.

Big picture, dude.

This Administration CREATED the “crisis” at the border. Immigration systems sucked before but damn! Don’t “what about Obama” this shit, either.

The cruelty is the point. They’re trying to see just how much evil shit good people will take.

Dehumanizing people is how it starts... and you’re down with it.

Lyndon Johnson

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #14683 on: June 04, 2019, 08:54:20 PM »

If deputies are going to be held accountable for deaths in school shootings, and sentenced to 102 years in prison because of inaction as bullets are flying inside...their own death mostly likely certain...then they must be attired in SWAT gear, and security systems/physical barriers installed to stop guns being taken into schools.

In hindsight, he might think he should've gone in...because if he didn't he'd be dead anyway by the time they'd be finished with him.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/florida-deputy-charged-for-inaction-during-parkland-shooting/ar-AACoE6n?OCID=AVRES000

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14684 on: June 04, 2019, 09:16:14 PM »

Look at the prices of hostels in Rome, Italy, this is what California needs, tons of hostels for $15.00 per night.

https://www.hostelworld.com/hostels/Rome

If people could take a shower and sleep in a bed for $15.00 per night, then that would really help the homeless.

Salute,

Tony V.

Believe it or not that is still a lot of money
Pages: 1 ... 977 978 [979] 980 981 ... 4288