Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 994 995 [996] 997 998 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1611311 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #14925 on: June 10, 2019, 02:42:54 PM »

How?

Some religions are not monotheistic.  By using a term that promotes one type of a religion over another (i.e. monotheism) the state is promoting one religion over another.

That said, this is an issue that I care very little about these days. 
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #14926 on: June 10, 2019, 02:51:15 PM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/05/18/bikers-bring-30-000-meals-new-mexico-migrants-facility/3726760002/

We should not be needing the bikers to bring food to our concentration camps. The government should be taking care of it. That they are not is beyond criminal negligence.

The government does take care of it... they contract with the company that operates the detention centers. This is the root of the immigration problem; MONEY.

All this talk about Kushner and the GOP leading on Criminal Justice Reform is a smokescreen for a shift in the markets in the Prison Industrial Complex.

Obama began phasing out the private prison corporations so they had to find a new market. Trump came down the escalator yapping about Mexico not sending their best and the PIC poured tons of money into Trump’s campaign and they “won” the contracts for immigration detention centers.

Brown Invasion?

KA-CHING!

Suckers.

The GEO Group, Inc. (GEO)

Hot stock, with a nice dividend. They run the detention centers for illegals who otherwise would be marauding in the sanctuary cities. Free meals, a roof over their heads, air conditioning, and TV while they await a judge' s decision. Better than surviving on birds and insects in a mud thatched hut in a sweltering central American rain forest anyday ? Worth the treacherous sojourn. ---pack up the kids mama were going to america---.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14927 on: June 10, 2019, 02:57:14 PM »

Quite the boondoggle you found, Luee. Gonna help buy the CEO another yacht?

GEO and Core Civics or whatever the fuck they are calling themselves these days jacked their whole business plans from Man in the High Tower draft scripts.

Good for you Luee. You found some domestic slavers active this very day.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14928 on: June 10, 2019, 03:08:56 PM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/05/18/bikers-bring-30-000-meals-new-mexico-migrants-facility/3726760002/

We should not be needing the bikers to bring food to our concentration camps. The government should be taking care of it. That they are not is beyond criminal negligence.

The government does take care of it... they contract with the company that operates the detention centers. This is the root of the immigration problem; MONEY.

All this talk about Kushner and the GOP leading on Criminal Justice Reform is a smokescreen for a shift in the markets in the Prison Industrial Complex.

Obama began phasing out the private prison corporations so they had to find a new market. Trump came down the escalator yapping about Mexico not sending their best and the PIC poured tons of money into Trump’s campaign and they “won” the contracts for immigration detention centers.

Brown Invasion?

KA-CHING!

Suckers.

The GEO Group, Inc. (GEO)

Hot stock, with a nice dividend. They run the detention centers for illegals who otherwise would be marauding in the sanctuary cities. Free meals, a roof over their heads, air conditioning, and TV while they await a judge' s decision. Better than surviving on birds and insects in a mud thatched hut in a sweltering central American rain forest anyday ? Worth the treacherous sojourn. ---pack up the kids mama were going to america---.

I hope you get a cyst on a testicle...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #14929 on: June 10, 2019, 03:16:58 PM »

How?

Some religions are not monotheistic.  By using a term that promotes one type of a religion over another (i.e. monotheism) the state is promoting one religion over another.
Which one?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14930 on: June 10, 2019, 03:40:36 PM »

All monotheistic religions are essentially one faith with different interpreters.

Polytheistic and Atheistic religions are harmed by this explicit preference for monotheistic theology.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #14931 on: June 10, 2019, 03:53:18 PM »

:-XWWhy
How?

Which one?
Instead of playing Socrates, why don't you use your tax cut to buy a book on polytheism?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14932 on: June 10, 2019, 03:57:20 PM »

Luckiest guy in the House is Matt Gaetz. Because a helicopter crashed in midtown the Hearings are only live on CSPAN 3 and Gaetz won’t look like such a schmeckle on live tv.

But man is he gonna get dragged through the twitterverse.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #14933 on: June 10, 2019, 04:33:58 PM »

:-XWWhy
How?

Which one?
Instead of playing Socrates, why don't you use your tax cut to buy a book on polytheism?
Polytheism is widespread in the US.
What is your point?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #14934 on: June 10, 2019, 04:36:27 PM »

I made it earlier.  So have several others. I'm sorry you missed it. 

But, as I also said, in a country where Donald Trump is President one of the last things I concern myself with is the language on a coin.   
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 04:38:34 PM by Yankguy1 »

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #14935 on: June 10, 2019, 05:09:00 PM »

Quite the boondoggle you found, Luee. Gonna help buy the CEO another yacht?

GEO and Core Civics or whatever the fuck they are calling themselves these days jacked their whole business plans from Man in the High Tower draft scripts.

Good for you Luee. You found some domestic slavers active this very day.
A total win-win. Deprived kids and their many relatives get to experience the America they they have heard and dreamed about since womb days. USA workers get a lot of nice paying jobs without the foreign competition. Grandma and grandpa get to supplement their fixed income by investing in a safe high dividend paying stock. Hardly slavery, it is not as if they have to knock out nikes or pick cotton. Must be a wonderful experience, they keep coming in ever expanding numbers.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14936 on: June 10, 2019, 05:18:57 PM »

Work for $1 a day, or solitary? Remind you of your own upbringing much, Luee? What’s the rolling body count?

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #14937 on: June 10, 2019, 05:36:45 PM »

I made it earlier.  So have several others. I'm sorry you missed it. 
LOL
So Congress democratically( with large majorities) passed legislation permitting “ in God we trust
on US currency. President Eisenhower the supreme leader of our wwIi effort signed the Bill  completing the Constitutional requirements of a Law. That law has withstood legal challenges that
have not been controversial. 90 per cent of Americans,when asked, have no problem with the words. 80 per cent of Americans profess some sort of religious belief. Yet our country has no state sponsored religion. Many Americans,  most of all atheists, from time to time have protested that
“ in God we trust” promotes the establishment of a religion but cannot convince the Courts or their fellow citizens.  And so it goes.

But, as I also said, in a country where Donald Trump is President one of the last things I concern myself with is the language on a coin.   
How does Trump enter this discussion or is he the center of your universe?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 05:38:17 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #14938 on: June 10, 2019, 05:38:59 PM »

Perhaps you should read earlier posts (and learn to format, while you're at it) you mo-ron.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #14939 on: June 10, 2019, 05:39:35 PM »

“for all of the money we are spending, NASA should NOT be talking about going to the Moon - We did that 50 years ago. They should be focused on the much bigger things we are doing, including Mars (of which the Moon is a part), Defense and Science!” YOUR POTUS's universe.

The moon is a part of Mars. Who knew? What a fucking dope.
Pages: 1 ... 994 995 [996] 997 998 ... 4288