Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1006 1007 [1008] 1009 1010 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1580336 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #15105 on: June 13, 2019, 02:01:16 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15108 on: June 13, 2019, 03:16:42 AM »

I’d bet Money Mike has more cash on hand than the West Virginia coal industry at this point. It should be a fun scuffle.

Trump really wants to be removed from office. His Stephanopoulos interview goes right along side the Lester Holt interview and various public blowjobs he has given Putin, right below his “Russia, if you’re listening” panhandle in the constellation of evidence he committed espionage and continuously violates his oath of office.

He deserves branding and mutilation. He knows he deserves branding and mutilation for his crimes. He’s working hard to convince America to give him the kind of rough justice he deserves.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15109 on: June 13, 2019, 04:00:16 AM »

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15110 on: June 13, 2019, 04:25:35 AM »

http://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/06/trump-says-hed-accept-foreign-electoral-aid/591577/

Frum is right. Trump has got to go.

Also faking bone spurs was unnecessary. He was already a prime candidate for section 8.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15111 on: June 13, 2019, 07:29:23 AM »

I really dont think any of you are behind Biden so point is moot here.  I think you will be working to present another candidate
I'm "behind" anybody who can beat Trump.

While I wouldn’t endorse it as the message for any one candidate (see Warren slowly moving up the polling on the basis of strong policy proposals) you cant deny that this will be THE dynamic of 2020, and why a relative little known candidate with zero cable presence like Corey Booker can beat Trump by five points in a national head-to-head poll right now.
Yep.  And if I can add another cliché to the mix, Democrats can't let the perfect be the enemy of the good (or even the "okay") in the general election.   I thought HRC was a mediocre candidate (not because I disagreed with her policies, but because she has never been good at defining herself),  and while that didn't stop me for voting for her, I believe, unfortunately, that the perceived mediocrity stopped a goodly amount of people from doing the same..

Clinton was, as we’ve said before, a perfect candidate for President who was terrible at being a candidate for President.  Everything she told America about Trump was true, that he was dangerously unqualified, ignorant and incurious about policy, and inappropriately beholden to Russian interests.  But she lacked the fire and inspiration to get people to listen.  Now Americans have had two and a half years of a Trump Administration and that message has gotten through.  Which is another reason why kiidcarter8’s argument of “look at how much ground Trump made up in 2016” doesn’t hold up.  The con job Trump implemented can’t work four years later because Americans know now who he is, what kind of President he would be.  If the Rasmussen polling was right, this wouldn’t be a big problem for him going in to 2020.

It isn’t.

The kind of PRESIDENT Trump is is offsetting the kind of PERSON he is - and this is why he has a chance at re-election.

He has a better chance of stroking out after he is impeached but not brought to trial in the Senate.
All the shit will be out there. The walls are closing in and you’re seriously talking re-election?

If the good dear lord does smite the sumbitch it won’t stop the investigative hearings and Mike Pence is on deck with an 0-2 count before he gets to the plate.

There’s a storm coming and you Republicans are gonna have to decide if you’re Americans or nah.
You’re gonna have to decide if you’re gonna put on that brown shirt in your closet.

Achtung, bitches...

A storm?

Not sure what you mean.  If the Dem wins, he/she wins.    And we move on.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15112 on: June 13, 2019, 07:30:29 AM »

You are trying to start a war.  I am simply trying to live in a democracy.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #15113 on: June 13, 2019, 07:53:50 AM »

You are trying to start a war.  I am simply trying to live in a democracy.

Simply trying to live in a highly compromised democracy.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #15114 on: June 13, 2019, 07:57:53 AM »

How a President would treat the question, not a “President.”

Question:  Isn’t it on the beneficiary of Russian interference to come out and say publicly “I don’t want the help, its counter to our democratic interests, and I will in no way use or reference material stolen by Russia, or reward their meddling once in office.”

Any other US Government employee would lose their security clearance. But Trump is our “President” and kiidcarter8 couldn’t be happier living in his “democracy.”
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15115 on: June 13, 2019, 08:09:15 AM »

"Happy" is always a relative term.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15117 on: June 13, 2019, 08:37:07 AM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15118 on: June 13, 2019, 08:45:21 AM »

barton

« Reply #15119 on: June 13, 2019, 09:58:50 AM »

“There’s nothing wrong with listening,” he told George Stephanopoulos. “If somebody called from a country, Norway, ‘We have information on your opponent,’ I think I’d want to hear it.”

Norway?  That's your example?   The odds of Norway calling with such an offer are somewhere below the odds of the Earth colliding with an Earth-sized Yorkshire Pudding.

Frum is right; it's like Trump is publicly jeering at our laws and constitution, demanding we impeach him.   
Pages: 1 ... 1006 1007 [1008] 1009 1010 ... 4288