Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1009 1010 [1011] 1012 1013 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1605453 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #15150 on: June 13, 2019, 01:08:19 PM »

So after 2 years of investigating Russian interference in our elections, Trump says he's ok with breaking the law and doing it again in 2020.

And the fucking Republicans are fucking silent.

They should be ashamed of their cowardice as they barter away our democracy.

What law is that?
The law against knowingly accepting something of value from foreign sources in a federal election campaign.

Let's see it.

Or you can describe what you feel it means.

Oh, fuck. Google.

Heh.  That's funny.  Google.

You and Steve do not know which law he is referring to, nor can you explain exactly how it was violated.  You are flying fucking BLIND!  But acting like someone with 20/10.

The law "Steve" is referring to has been widely discussed since news of the Russia Tower Meeting broke.

That you seem to think it obscure and are only hearing about it now is your own type of blindness.

You cant cite it - nor say how it was broken.  Just another fake COTDB.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15151 on: June 13, 2019, 01:11:27 PM »

Also, erm, didn't Steve just post the exact law that Kid was challenging him to specify??  And Adjustman also posted another one.

erm?

No, he didnt.  And he didnt link to it.  Should be easy.  GOOGLE.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #15152 on: June 13, 2019, 01:12:14 PM »

So after 2 years of investigating Russian interference in our elections, Trump says he's ok with breaking the law and doing it again in 2020.

What law is that?
The law against knowingly accepting something of value from foreign sources in a federal election campaign.

Let's see it.

Oh, fuck. Google.

You and Steve do not know which law he is referring to, nor can you explain exactly how it was violated.  You are flying fucking BLIND!  But acting like someone with 20/10.

The law "Steve" is referring to has been widely discussed since news of the Russia Tower Meeting broke.

That you seem to think it obscure and are only hearing about it now is your own type of blindness.

You cant cite it - nor say how it was broken.  Just another fake COTDB.

Its been discussed, again, many times here, even before Whiskeypriest described it to you and gave you the citation all of 30 minutes ago.

If YOU think it doesn't apply, tell us how.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #15153 on: June 13, 2019, 01:14:07 PM »

kid

Yesterday Trump substituted getting oppo research from "Norway" rather than "Russia". Both would be breaking the law that I mentioned and boz cited.

Yesterday Trump all but said he's open for business if the "Norwegians" happen to come across helpful tidbits to get him elected.

its illegal.

If you can't understand the dangers and conflicts that most normal people see with foreign governments tampering and interfering with our elections, pretend Obama did this, and I'm sure it you may have an epiphany.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 01:16:18 PM by bankshot1 »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #15154 on: June 13, 2019, 01:14:11 PM »

Also, erm, didn't Steve just post the exact law that Kid was challenging him to specify??  And Adjustman also posted another one.

erm?

Sorry, what is the issue here? That you don't actually know how to use Google?

https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-52-voting-and-elections/52-usc-sect-30121.html
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #15155 on: June 13, 2019, 01:15:28 PM »

Yesterday Trump substituted getting oppo research from "Norway" rather than "Russia". Both would be breaking the law that I mentioned and boz cited.

Yesterday Trump all but said he's open for business if the "Norwegians" happen to come across helpful tidbits to get him elected.

its illegal.

Norway, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing.

barton

« Reply #15156 on: June 13, 2019, 01:16:03 PM »

§30121. Contributions and donations by foreign nationals
(a) Prohibition

It shall be unlawful for-

(1) a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make-

(A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;

(B) a contribution or donation to a committee of a political party; or

(C) an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title); or

(2) a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.
(b) "Foreign national" defined

As used in this section, the term "foreign national" means-

(1) a foreign principal, as such term is defined by section 611(b) of title 22, except that the term "foreign national" shall not include any individual who is a citizen of the United States; or

(2) an individual who is not a citizen of the United States or a national of the United States (as defined in section 1101(a)(22) of title 8) and who is not lawfully admitted for permanent residence, as defined by section 1101(a)(20) of title 8.

(Pub. L. 92–225, title III, §319, formerly §324, as added Pub. L. 94–283, title I, §112(2), May 11, 1976, 90 Stat. 493 ; renumbered §319, Pub. L. 96–187, title I, §105(5), Jan. 8, 1980, 93 Stat. 1354 ; amended Pub. L. 107–155, title III, §§303, 317, Mar. 27, 2002, 116 Stat. 96 , 109.)
Codification

Section was formerly classified to section 441e of Title 2, The Congress, prior to editorial reclassification and renumbering as this section.
Prior Provisions

A prior section 319 of Pub. L. 92–225 was renumbered section 314, and is classified to section 30115 of this title.

Another prior section 319 of Pub. L. 92–225 was renumbered section 318, and was classified to section 439b of Title 2, The Congress, prior to repeal by Pub. L. 96–187.
Amendments

2002-Pub. L. 107–155, §303(1), substituted "Contributions and donations by foreign nationals" for "Contributions by foreign nationals" in section catchline.

Subsec. (a). Pub. L. 107–155, §303(2), added subsec. (a) and struck out former subsec. (a) which read as follows: "It shall be unlawful for a foreign national directly or through any other person to make any contribution of money or other thing of value, or to promise expressly or impliedly to make any such contribution, in connection with an election to any political office or in connection with any primary election, convention, or caucus held to select candidates for any political office; or for any person to solicit, accept, or receive any such contribution from a foreign national."

Subsec. (b)(2). Pub. L. 107–155, §317, inserted "or a national of the United States (as defined in section 1101(a)(22) of title 8)" after "United States".
Effective Date of 2002 Amendment

Amendment by Pub. L. 107–155 effective Nov. 6, 2002, see section 402 of Pub. L. 107–155, set out as an Effective Date of 2002 Amendment; Regulations note under section 30101 of this title.[/quot

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #15157 on: June 13, 2019, 01:21:38 PM »

You guys are all posting links to cites with more than 280 characters.  Good luck getting Kid to read such tripe.  Some guy with a home computer and twitter account tells him differently.   
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 01:23:48 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15158 on: June 13, 2019, 01:26:26 PM »

What law is that?

Let's see it.

Oh, fuck. Google.

Cf. Reply #15104. I knew precisely what law I was refering to, asshat. That you don't know or understand it is not my fault.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #15159 on: June 13, 2019, 01:30:56 PM »

Wonder how far this will get.

Kellyanne Conway Should Be Removed From Federal Office, Ethics Agency Says
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/kellyanne-conway-hatch-act-removed-federal-service_n_5d027337e4b0dc17ef05e5d7

https://twitter.com/desiderioDC/status/1139202861018075137
So the White House does not understand how the 1st Amendment interacts with government employment, or simply has chosen to ignore the Hatch Act. No surprise. It is a lawless Administration.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #15160 on: June 13, 2019, 01:34:27 PM »

erm?

I gave you the complete cite. Down to the subsection. If you are to lazy to Google it for yourself, maybe try posting about things you know about. If there is anything.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #15161 on: June 13, 2019, 01:36:49 PM »

erm?

I gave you the complete cite. Down to the subsection. If you are to lazy to Google it for yourself, maybe try posting about things you know about. If there is anything.

And for the record re: the Russia Meeting Mueller only didn't charge Don Jr. and Kushner because he figured they were just too stupid to know they were breaking the law.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #15162 on: June 13, 2019, 01:45:12 PM »

Even Trump's most loyal toady in government can admit what kiidcarter8 can't:

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/448354-graham-trump-wrong-to-say-hed-accept-campaign-dirt-from-foreign-governments

This is what I was saying yesterday about Trump's mouth getting him in trouble.  18 months is about 540 days with each day holding your breath that he doesn't say something stupid and/or incriminating.  And closer you get to the election, the more this matters.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15163 on: June 13, 2019, 01:50:59 PM »

erm?

You are taking liberties with the wording of the law, in re:  Trump's actions.

Tell me how I am wrong and how he broke this law, in your eyes.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15164 on: June 13, 2019, 01:53:22 PM »

Graham added that he is willing to look at legislation to more clearly define what is illegal, and that "you accept assistance from a foreign government at your own peril."

yep
Pages: 1 ... 1009 1010 [1011] 1012 1013 ... 4288