Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1041 1042 [1043] 1044 1045 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1608515 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #15630 on: June 23, 2019, 08:49:19 PM »

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/449948-popular-knitting-website-bans-shows-of-support-for-trump

I think the political middle of the country is making itself heard in unusual ways. "Not Trump" is more important than the specifics of Biden or Warren, in the long run. We'll see what the short run brings. I don't think Biden is going to be the nominee. But okay...

I'm prepared to put $$ on the line for this bet, Piggy. Are you? Donation to the candidate of the other party's choice by the loser. You in? How much?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15631 on: June 23, 2019, 09:25:27 PM »

It's certainly true of Ward and Kiiid.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #15632 on: June 23, 2019, 09:50:52 PM »

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/449948-popular-knitting-website-bans-shows-of-support-for-trump

I think the political middle of the country is making itself heard in unusual ways. "Not Trump" is more important than the specifics of Biden or Warren, in the long run. We'll see what the short run brings. I don't think Biden is going to be the nominee. But okay...

I'm prepared to put $$ on the line for this bet, Piggy. Are you? Donation to the candidate of the other party's choice by the loser. You in? How much?

What party do you think I'm in, Joshie?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15633 on: June 23, 2019, 11:09:38 PM »

You're a fucking hypocritical political hack, Red. You haven't taught one  person one thing here. The amusement is that you apparently think you are an educator.

YG!   You have known this about Jim for how many years? 
He is not going to be changed by anything anyone posts here. His certitude is cemented and set.
Don't waste your time or energy on him.  He is not worth it, and will never be.

Why is it a negative that you can't "change a mind"? 

Just live, bro.

1).  I was addressing Yank, not some little snot.
2).  Should I start with Galileo or go back even further to answer your moronic question?
3).  You are not my Bro!   And to live is to change.  Try reading something on your own and stop being force-feed stupidity by your Friends at Fox.

BITE ME

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15634 on: June 23, 2019, 11:24:48 PM »

You're a fucking hypocritical political hack, Red. You haven't taught one  person one thing here. The amusement is that you apparently think you are an educator.

YG!   You have known this about Jim for how many years? 
He is not going to be changed by anything anyone posts here. His certitude is cemented and set.
Don't waste your time or energy on him.  He is not worth it, and will never be.

Why is it a negative that you can't "change a mind"? 

Just live, bro.

1).  I was addressing Yank, not some little snot.
2).  Should I start with Galileo or go back even further to answer your moronic question?
3).  You are not my Bro!   And to live is to change.  Try reading something on your own and stop being force-feed stupidity by your Friends at Fox.

BITE ME

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15635 on: June 24, 2019, 12:16:10 AM »

I don't care.

My offer was a  donation to the candidate of your choice if you win or yours to mine. I did not restrict it to presidential politics. But if you aren't confident in your position that Biden is the one, that's understandable.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 12:11:13 PM by josh »

barton

« Reply #15636 on: June 24, 2019, 09:29:48 AM »

A call to inaction!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jun/23/upset-about-the-plastic-crisis-stop-trying-so-hard

My wife figured this stuff out early.   If I buy a hand tool or yard tool with a plastic handle, when a wooden handled option was available, I get an earful.   It wasn't hard to raise my consciousness about this, once I found that the wood option usually was better made and lasted longer.*

*  also true with children's toys

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15637 on: June 24, 2019, 10:33:12 AM »

Da fuck are you yapping about?

Is this English?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15638 on: June 24, 2019, 12:10:18 PM »

Is this English?

Is this willful ignorance?

oilcan

« Reply #15639 on: June 24, 2019, 12:18:13 PM »

A liberal elitist dream. The burdened majority subsidizing a minority group. Why, because it is the right thing to do, it is progressive? Here is another one; ---Elizabeth Warren’s Pledge to End Private Prisons----.  But why, they have been proven to be more efficient and less corrupt than the public run ones. Check out the ICE disaster.

But why, they have been proven to be more efficient and less corrupt...

Where?  By whom?  Define precisely what you mean by "efficient" and "corrupt," please.  What sort of reliable data tracks these metrics?

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #15640 on: June 24, 2019, 12:54:11 PM »

I don't care.

My offer was a  donation to the candidate of your choice if you win or yours to mine. I did not restrict it to presidential politics. But if you aren't confident in your position that Biden is the one, that's understandable.

So, you want to change the discussion by creating something sillier.

Sad.

No thanks.

Biden did nothing other than graze the hypersensitive skin of the illiberal left, of which you are a charter member.

Go to your safe zone, now.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #15641 on: June 24, 2019, 12:55:53 PM »

Is this English?

It was. In Chocolate City. Back in the day. But now, well, those halcyon days are gone, and the parking is terrible, too.

So sad.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #15642 on: June 24, 2019, 01:28:48 PM »

Re:  OREGON

Protesting cap-and-trade by walking out today represents our constituency and exactly how we should be doing our job,” Senate Republican Leader Herman Baertschiger Jr., of Grants Pass, said in a statement Thursday. “We have endured threats of arrest, fines and pulling community project funds from the governor, Senate president and majority leader. We will not stand by and be bullied by the majority party any longer."

Republican Sen. Brian Boquist responded by telling state police to “send bachelors and come heavily armed” if they come and get him.

Attaboy.
So police lives only matter in the right circumstances?

Like Rape, kiidcarter8 is ok with Terrorism, so long as its being committed by people on his side.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15643 on: June 24, 2019, 01:45:03 PM »

Yes, of course.

(Goood Lord!)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15644 on: June 24, 2019, 01:51:16 PM »

Yes, of course.

(Goood Lord!)

Most honest kid post ever.

Now we know, and we know you know.

You’re ok with rape and torture at the hands or behest of the GOP.

This doesn’t surprise anyone, but it’s good you got it out in the open.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1041 1042 [1043] 1044 1045 ... 4288